Anyone else embarrassed by 1/12 figures? (Meeting chaired by the President of the Collector Freaks Kylie Minogue Fan Club)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Definitely not something I was expecting to read when clicking on this thread. :lol
Everytime JAWS gets a new XM Studios Hulk statue delivery this happens…

1650566182374.gif

By the way it took a second to figure out why this guy Rotfish was using such a similar avatar and Sig to Blade3327 :lol You had been using that name since you joined right?
Yep, that name was even older than my membership here. Came up with it in junior high, so I've been looking to change it for a while.

Cool, in what capacity did you assist?
Helped her with approaching artists to create work for the book (it’s called Kylie and came out in 1999.)

She gave me some tour props too, some massive feathers her dancers wore for a couple of songs. Sorry, I know I’m tooting my own horn.

Unbelievably I ran into her in a London Chelsea restaurant in 2006. I was able to introduce her to my father. Quite a moment after I’d obsessed over her since I was 6 and was able to end up working with her and proving so by having her be so lovely to my Dad.

I work in media by the way, Kylie was my first little toe into the industry when I was 15. I’d say we’re acquaintances to this day.

Helped her with approaching artists to create work for the book (it’s called Kylie and came out in 1999.)

She gave me some tour props too, some massive feathers her dancers wore for a couple of songs. Sorry, I know I’m tooting my own horn.

Unbelievably I ran into her in a London Chelsea restaurant in 2006. I was able to introduce her to my father. Quite a moment after I’d obsessed over her since I was 6 and was able to end up working with her and proving so by having her be so lovely to my Dad.

I work in media by the way, Kylie was my first little toe into the industry when I was 15. I’d say we’re acquaintances to this day.
That's cool, not many people meet their idol let alone work with them - there's that saying that you never should - but it seems to have worked out fine for you.

That's cool, not many people meet their idol let alone work with them - there's that saying that you never should - but it seems to have worked out fine for you.
She really is remarkable - her career has spanned decades, she’s worked in TV, film and music, and nobody has a single bad word to say about her. Quite the opposite, everybody who’s met her reckons her the duck’s nuts.

cool story @pophoody, you kept that one under wraps for longer than I could have 😁

She really is remarkable - her career has spanned decades, she’s worked in TV, film and music, and nobody has a single bad word to say about her. Quite the opposite, everybody who’s met her reckons her the duck’s nuts.

cool story @pophoody, you kept that one under wraps for longer than I could have 😁
That's a heck of an expression. I'll have to keep that one in my back pocket.

As an example. DARK was a recent TV show I adored from beginning to end and became one of my all-time favourite series. But there was zero merchandise or anything licensed. So my passion was requited by purchasing the same model Walkman used as a prop in it and restoring it and then completely replicating the made up prop cassette used in it. I then had to get all the 80s songs featured in the soundtrack recorded on that cassette. This was a substantial amount of money and huge amount of hours sunk into to make something I was happy with. And now I have a 'piece' of DARK in my collection I really love.

I totally get that man.

I've done similar stuff. I've never assembled the perfect Indiana Jones or Ghostbusters replica costumes like some people, but I've bought stuff that was in a movie or TV show or something.

Here's an example:

My name is Otomofan cause I'm a huge fan of Katsuhiro Otomo, the artist that made AKIRA.

In the early 80s, he did an ad campaign for the Canon T70 camera. (When it came out it was top of the line....it was like $1500 or something!)

Here's some examples of the ad:

CanonT70 Push On (3).JPG

katsuhiro-otomos-akira-canon-t70-commercial-japan-1984_9131.jpg

Well, last year I bought a junker Canon T70 off Mercari for $20. I even put some batteries in and the thing came to life! I couldn't believe it! No idea if it really works though...I haven't seen film in about 20 years. But I just thought it's really cool to actually have the camera from the ads!

canon t70 (2).JPG

I've moved this thread to 'Off Topic' due to its meandering nature, and before the inevitable report comes in that it doesn't belong under General Collectables Discussion & Questions. :lol

I totally get that man.

I've done similar stuff. I've never assembled the perfect Indiana Jones or Ghostbusters replica costumes like some people, but I've bought stuff that was in a movie or TV show or something.

Here's an example:

My name is Otomofan cause I'm a huge fan of Katsuhiro Otomo, the artist that made AKIRA.

In the early 80s, he did an ad campaign for the Canon T70 camera. (When it came out it was top of the line....it was like $1500 or something!)

Here's some examples of the ad:

View attachment 573462
View attachment 573463

Well, last year I bought a junker Canon T70 off Mercari for $20. I even put some batteries in and the thing came to life! I couldn't believe it! No idea if it really works though...I haven't seen film in about 20 years. But I just thought it's really cool to actually have the camera from the ads!

View attachment 573464

Right on, Otomofan!! That's the kind of passion that makes for the most rewarding collections!

I'm shameless, i wasn't ashamed when i wet myself in the class in the first grade, not just one but two times ! I'm still not ashamed.

Back