Anyone else embarrassed by 1/12 figures? (Meeting chaired by the President of the Collector Freaks Kylie Minogue Fan Club)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I keep my hobby stuff, primarily vinyl, 1/6 scales and statues in my office, proudly. They feel like adult pursuits, for the most part.

But then I sometimes partake in a NECA or similar 1/12, or get given them as gifts, but they feel more like toys. I’m 40, it feels a bit tragic for a so called professional to have them on display so they’ve gone into a tightly packed box, albeit with figures visible. I’ve even got a couple of She Ras (leave me alone, I’m ‘a gay’ and I loved her as a kid.)

Is this a silly hang up and I should be loud and proud or is it time to grow up?

(I love the renaming of this thread. I can’t help that it turned into half a Kylie thread, she’s Queen! Plus, you’d be amazed how many people collect her records and how much they sell for. Hundreds, even thousands for the rarest.)

I was just browsing around and I am new here. I couldn't relate more (being 37). Still, there's some kind of endearment for 1/12s especially if they have more of a cartooney/anime look. I love the way you put it.

Back