Any hope of a 1/12 scale Captain Miller from "Private Ryan?"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Otomofan

Super Freak
Reaction score
There was the Poptoys version which I think hit recently, and I think his gear looks good (I'm a complete novice when it comes to military gear so it looked good enough to me) but OOF.....that head. Looks like Bill Pullman.

Lots of companies seem to be doing official and unoffical 1/6 stuff, but any rumblings of a GOOD 1/12 Captain Miller?

Thanks!!

Maybe DID? They are coming out with more 1/12 WWII figures.

I bought the PopToys set and had to return it, 1 arm snapped as soon as I touched it and another was already broken in the box.

Anyone getting into the DID 1/12 line, the Palm Heroes? It's like they've just shrunken down their 1/6 figures. With the limits space puts on getting all of them in one place, I was even thinking of focussing on just them.

I'm not into the 1/12 figure line but DiD's "SPR" series is looking pretty sharp. I think that they just showed Caparzo, if not mistaken.

Definitely a more affordable option and the detailing looks good.

DiD is doing it right. It has everything but the latest 1/6 releases out for the 1/12 line; it’s great to see them going all the way with it.

You, of course, lose a little bit of detail with the smaller size, but I have to say, it seems rather minimal compared to what you normally see.

Like you said, more affordable, too

512E45C2-25DF-45CF-B589-1C219B6FB930.jpeg

6ED841D8-B727-46CB-B676-B2CDB205184F.jpeg

Last edited:
Late to the discussion but here is my input. I was intrigued by 1.12 scale, I decided that for WWII figures I would go with DID, I have not been disappointed, the detail and quality is exceptional, Ryan, Miller, Jackson, Capazro have landed, Reiben soon leaving 4 of the team to follow in 23/24. I have suggested to DID a diorama to display the team, it a piece they shall consider. 1.12 scale is growing and is the right size for that diorama.

Also late but the Saving Private Ryan 1/12 space is very crowded. Crazy Figure have released the entire SPR squad (accuracy of the head sculpts vary) - available individually as well as in a set with 2 'hedgehog' obstacles.

811LOHn-IPL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

There was also going to be a Captain Miller released by Soldier Story but it is still pending (probably lost due to COVID).
SS0128-13.jpg

Yes the 1.12 scale WWII figures market is crowded, crazy approach by manufacturers and this applies to 1.6 too. DID Palm Hero Private Reiben has landed, impressive figure. 4 to go to complete the team. Probably some of the best user friendly packaging I have seen.

Attachments

• 20230109_105225.jpg
    20230109_105225.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
Back