Antarions Photography

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Alien figure is so creepy....you're making me want it. :lol

Hey, does your camera have aperture settings? (shooting with a DSLR?)

Try a black and white with the Alien just over someone's shoulder, slightly out of focus. Like this:

084ba85a4714500f86142ee2f12a5466.jpg

This was a quick set up for demo: Lit main figure with cellphone :lol, set aperture as low as it would go (2.8 for this lens) and fast shutter to keep it dark (think was 100-125). Tweak levels to give contrast. But you get the idea. In B&W, like your first photo, would look killer. :duff

Just when you think the board is rather dead, there are still some good discussions :)

Yeah I'm using mirrorless (DSLM) nowadays. I like them more than DSLRs with the live preview and everything. But same princible. So yes, I can use low aperture and try to shoot your idea. Thing with low aperture is, you have to be careful what you want to have in focus. With 2.8 you can have the face in focus but Alien could be too much out of focus. Have to find right balance.

I like your composition even for this quick demo shot :D

That Alien is great, can only recommend. It makes for so many real looking shots and small price (1/12 scale only)

:hi5:

Yep, I enjoy exchanging ideas on pointers here. Everyone's always learning :)

One thing I learned is take 50 pics. You'll keep 2 :lol

I learned some cool ideas from Rook. Look his thread up.....good stuff.

Yeah I usually also take a lot of pictures from any given scene. And only a few are good :D

I will look up some threads here. I just saw yours too :lol Really need to take my time to comment more here and look into more threads. Gold

The outdoor ones are interesting, I could never do that to my figures. Keep them coming :)

Back