1/6 Animated Clone Wars Anakin & Obi-Wan Sixth Scale Figures!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sideshow is going to send me a replacement body for Anakin. I have my doubts that it’ll be any kind of improvement over the previous body.
I fashioned a custom body that I didn’t have to worry about floppy and disintegrating joints. I wanted to keep the arms, shins and neck, as those would be the hardest to replace. Sideshow bodies are an oddity of engineering. It’s not easily interchangeable with body parts from other manufacturers. To get to and use the parts I needed, most of the rest had to be destroyed.
-VTS chest rig, arms joints, widened the opening to fit the Sideshow arms. Cut rubber chest overlay.
-Hot Toys abdomen, groin and thighs.
-Sideshow inner neck peg, joint, neck overlay, arms, knees and shins.
Neck is now articulated and shoulders have extra (up & down) movement. He’s just a tad taller as well.
View attachment 596754
Knee connection before the excess was trimmed:
View attachment 596755View attachment 596756View attachment 596757View attachment 596758View attachment 596759View attachment 596760View attachment 596762
With HT Anakin shoulder armor. Just a little to big.View attachment 596761
The HT Anakin armor looks amazing on that….doesn’t look to big in my opinion. Makes him look broad shouldered in a cartoon way that seems appropriate.

Anyway, how did you attach the shoulder armor?? I’d like to do this too. Thanks for your time.

The HT Anakin armor looks amazing on that….doesn’t look to big in my opinion. Makes him look broad shouldered in a cartoon way that seems appropriate.

Anyway, how did you attach the shoulder armor?? I’d like to do this too. Thanks for your time.
Glued elastic straps to the underside, attached to the shoulder armor.

Love these
20221005_093841.jpg
20221005_093748.jpg
20221005_094655.jpg

Figure feels extremely cheap in hand. I don't have many SS figures in my collection with the exception of AT-AT driver and TIE pilot, but to some degree I'm quite satisfied with them. But this particular Anakin caused an uneasy sensation and made me feel very stupid for buying it....*** this ****.

No one should buy these at any price with those self destructing waist joints, and loose limbs. I was finally able to cancel my Yoda and get the NRD back on that one.

Not even at those prices. If they're not already broken they will break with normal handling, and TW isn't gonna be as easy to deal with as Sideshow when they break.

Saw this in an email this morning. And I’ve only just received my set from KGHobby- which I paid full price for when they first went up for PO- way back when it looked like Sideshow actually gave a **** about making money out of this line. I hate that company so much.

I HATE this goddam CW SS Anakin SO MUCH LMAO. It strongly urges me want to get rid of other SS figures in my collection as well like AT-AT driver and ANH TIE Pilot, I seriously do not care whether Hot Toys making these troopers or not. I just want my 1/6 SW collection to be COMPLETELY purged of any SS abominations.

It’s a real shame when you think about it. SS was the first to usher in a new era of 1/6th SW figures. Now they are so rife with QC issues, not many want to collect their 1/6. They just ceded all ground to HT to be their distributor. Remember when they were going to do 1/6th McQuarrie style figures?! Was so waiting on that Vader! Thought this line might be a resurgence for them but their manufacturing partners just can’t git right! SMH

I HATE this goddam CW SS Anakin SO MUCH LMAO. It strongly urges me want to get rid of other SS figures in my collection as well like AT-AT driver and ANH TIE Pilot, I seriously do not care whether Hot Toys making these troopers or not. I just want my 1/6 SW collection to be COMPLETELY purged of any SS abominations.
That's how I feel a lot of times when I look at all my Sideshow figures unfortunately. Rather just not have them sometimes. Though it can be hard to let them go 😅

Looks like Toys Wonderland is desperately trying to offload these.

View attachment 616307
Bought these full price when it was released. I caved in and bought another set yesterday. Not perfect figures but I’m still happy we got these figures. Pretty much a BOGO free deal. About $200 shipped for both with some points I had.

Back