Amazon LOTR

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
didn't know where else to put this...
" first look at the series via a single image: it depicts a lone figure in a white cloak on a grassy hillside, looking out toward a grand city to their left. To their right, we can see what very much looks like the Two Trees of Valinor - which were long since destroyed in Bilbo's time - standing as shining, ethereal titans in the far distance."
AAMRzf7[1].jpg

didn't know where else to put this...
" first look at the series via a single image: it depicts a lone figure in a white cloak on a grassy hillside, looking out toward a grand city to their left. To their right, we can see what very much looks like the Two Trees of Valinor - which were long since destroyed in Bilbo's time - standing as shining, ethereal titans in the far distance."
View attachment 533374

good spot, I thought it might be just one tree backlit by the sun but zooming in, I can see two trees

Tirion upon Tuna! Must be part of prologue or flashback since it’s a preview from the first episode supposedly. Cannot wait! At first I thought this may be Ost-in-Edhil, the capitol of the Noldor realm of Eregion. But as we can see from the Two Trees it is certainly Tirion.

Great pic, though it’s so far away at this point i can’t get excited just yet…

I really, really hope they don't screw this up.
It could be spectacular- cautious optimism. Amazon isn't stupid and they know about fans of Middle Earth. Its a multimillion dollar risk that pay off huge. Or not.

It could be spectacular- cautious optimism. Amazon isn't stupid and they know about fans of Middle Earth. Its a multimillion dollar risk that pay off huge. Or not.
I feel the same way but that first image really does go a long way to boost my optimism and excitement. The architecture is highly reminiscent of Mithlond (Grey Havens) from ROTK and Ost-in-Edhil from FOTR mural in Rivendell and even Gondolin from Alan Lee illustration on Fall of Gondolin book. Kudos to the art design under John Howe.
DA254F5A-E065-4A59-B78F-A151E789C843.jpeg
AFF0F2D0-6DB2-4235-B9D9-A7B15D84157C.jpeg
CEFFC277-4C42-4A0D-BEE4-45EC14893AA4.jpeg

Last edited:
Laurelin and Telperion!!!!
Wow!!! This looks amazing, if nothing else this promises to be a visually stunning series!
I am feeling very hopeful about this project, I wonder how early they are going to go in this story?
I had thought the series would be about the 2nd Age - Sauron, Celebrimbor, Ar-Pharazon, the Fall of Numenor up to the Last Alliance.
But this is WAY WAY before that - is this show going to be the Silmarillion????????? :horror
My only other thought is that its a flashback for one of the main characters..... dare I hope its a flashback to Mairon's seduction by Melkor - the start of the path to him becoming Sauron?
My memory of the rough timeline is sketchy - is Sauron part of Morgoth's service during the time of The Trees?
I feel that he is by the time they are destroyed, did he fall in the Years of the Lamps? before? after?

Laurelin and Telperion!!!!
Wow!!! This looks amazing, if nothing else this promises to be a visually stunning series!
I am feeling very hopeful about this project, I wonder how early they are going to go in this story?
I had thought the series would be about the 2nd Age - Sauron, Celebrimbor, Ar-Pharazon, the Fall of Numenor up to the Last Alliance.
But this is WAY WAY before that - is this show going to be the Silmarillion????????? :horror
My only other thought is that its a flashback for one of the main characters..... dare I hope its a flashback to Mairon's seduction by Melkor - the start of the path to him becoming Sauron?
My memory of the rough timeline is sketchy - is Sauron part of Morgoth's service during the time of The Trees?
I feel that he is by the time they are destroyed, did he fall in the Years of the Lamps? before? after?
Amazon has the rights to Silmarillion: Amazon's Lord of the Rings Reportedly Has Rights to The Silmarillion

Back