All versions of Homelander - 1/6th scale collectible figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The comparison with the star ace is... quite something. It makes this guy look stunning. Honestly convinced me to keep the order.

To be fair..ANY figure from any company that's not called StarAce would have looked better than the garbage they're putting out.

I still can't believe we lost getting The Boys from INART due to StarAce. :ohbfrank: We could have gotten some incredible life-like Butcher and Homelander. Now we're scraping by with what third parties are putting out.

I have just emailed KIt to cancel my order. The latest posts here convinced me that I would rather wait on Soosoo's release than get this and have the sculpts repainted. Moreover, the body and materials used are a turn off too, at least for me.

Great sculpt. Hopefully a proper company can get the license one day.
426734-AACCC271-FAA9-47B1-9103-CEF8AF48E786.jpeg

I don't belive InArt will ever tackle licenses with such a small fanbase (relatively speaking, of course). At least not in their first year, maybe in their fifth?

Expecting the SooSoo to be a better version, but will be quite happy to have this as a) it looks solid to me and b) who knows when (or if?) the SooSoo will ship?

Reagrding someone else taking over the license, I don't think agreements for properties like this have long durations, and I can't see SA doing any more characters beyond maybe Black Noir. That said, with all the third party stuff out there, I can't imagine anyone will be in a hurry to pick up the license again, never mind re-do the main characters.

I don't belive InArt will ever tackle licenses with such a small fanbase (relatively speaking, of course). At least not in their first year, maybe in their fifth?
They already said that they tried to get the license for The Boys and Peaky Blinders last year but it was already taken by other companies so we can thank Star Ace for not giving us that.

4E571E37-24E4-439D-BB49-4009DA3F4573.jpeg

I’m currently rearranging my display so I just took a quick pic.

I was very sceptical of this figure but after having it in hand… I hate to admit it but I kinda love it.

The material might not be accurate but the rubber suit looks fantastic. The stitching doesn’t bother me as much as I thought it would. I’ve seen some pics of the Toysworks figure and I compared it to mine and the stitching looks a lot worse on Toysworks than what I received. The material feels thick and durable too. I was expecting it to be a lot thinner.

A lot of people said the articulation is heavily restricted but I tend to disagree because despite the restrictions you can still get tons of poses out of this guy with some creativity. You can do all the poses they showed in the promo images and those are most of homelanders iconic poses. There are hot toys figures that are even more restricted than this one, captain marvel immediately comes to mind.

As we’ve established the headsculpts aren’t the best. But they’re not bad at all either, I’ve seen way worse from third party.

If you display the figure in very neutral one dimensional lighting all the paint flaws and the eye decals will show. But put it in a more dynamic light and it comes to life.

I am planning on getting it repainted in the future anyway, but out of the box it’s pretty good already. The only headsculpts I think aren’t usable are the two smiling ones. You need a more convincing paintjob to accurately portray a persons laughter lines and inside of the mouth. The other three look good.

I wasn’t expecting to like the suit and body nearly as much as I did and I’m honestly contemplating cancelling SooSoo alltogether.

Attachments

• D5FFF080-BE10-42BD-A1A2-FD9AEB5BC803.jpeg
    D5FFF080-BE10-42BD-A1A2-FD9AEB5BC803.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 3
  • 90B4504B-79D7-444B-A592-65C4504AA697.jpeg
    90B4504B-79D7-444B-A592-65C4504AA697.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • 02A7499C-6D05-4B5C-A8C3-2E08897CC982.jpeg
    02A7499C-6D05-4B5C-A8C3-2E08897CC982.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • 906956F3-D50F-46A5-BDE4-618880FFAA26.jpeg
    906956F3-D50F-46A5-BDE4-618880FFAA26.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 2
  • F6455758-DF9C-4F51-886C-C7D9115696F1.jpeg
    F6455758-DF9C-4F51-886C-C7D9115696F1.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
View attachment 618558

I’m currently rearranging my display so I just took a quick pic.

I was very sceptical of this figure but after having it in hand… I hate to admit it but I kinda love it.

The material might not be accurate but the rubber suit looks fantastic. The stitching doesn’t bother me as much as I thought it would. I’ve seen some pics of the Toysworks figure and I compared it to mine and the stitching looks a lot worse on Toysworks than what I received. The material feels thick and durable too. I was expecting it to be a lot thinner.

A lot of people said the articulation is heavily restricted but I tend to disagree because despite the restrictions you can still get tons of poses out of this guy with some creativity. You can do all the poses they showed in the promo images and those are most of homelanders iconic poses. There are hot toys figures that are even more restricted than this one, captain marvel immediately comes to mind.

As we’ve established the headsculpts aren’t the best. But they’re not bad at all either, I’ve seen way worse from third party.

If you display the figure in very neutral one dimensional lighting all the paint flaws and the eye decals will show. But put it in a more dynamic light and it comes to life.

I am planning on getting it repainted in the future anyway, but out of the box it’s pretty good already. The only headsculpts I think aren’t usable are the two smiling ones. You need a more convincing paintjob to accurately portray a persons laughter lines and inside of the mouth. The other three look good.

I wasn’t expecting to like the suit and body nearly as much as I did and I’m honestly contemplating cancelling SooSoo alltogether.
You’ve made him look very imposing and hidden all the flaws.

Mine arrived today and the heads appear much better in person under regular lighting and the sculpts are strong enough that, the likeness shines through when viewed from a few steps back despite the basic paint. Not such a disaster after all.

The figure did have a strong chemical smell fresh out of the box and it’s not the best made costume or proportioned body ever. The biceps are ludicrous and the cape being poorly cut and glued on really lets things down but you can’t say the padding wasn’t inspired by the show- Homelander always packs extra socks when he goes out
016D8237-B3AB-43A3-B81E-94D3684C5B6F.jpeg

The shoulders are the most hindered joint but, if you’ve ever bought a superhero from Hot Toys, you will be familiar with this issue.

I’m still banking on SooSoo to be my definitive Homelander, who I will display on the Star Ace stand in a more overlord-esquires pose. This one will stand as a placeholder with the head that sold me on the whole set.
Funny how myself and the above post went complete opposite directions with our posing choice.
AC91051F-8D6A-4246-883E-81EBEE09A677.jpeg

8D0C5CD7-351D-4E75-86B1-0AEAC9D3C98D.jpeg

All in all, a great deal for what was primarily sold as just being a set of heads.

Last edited:
I've been super unlucky with the delivery, but it finally seems it'll arrive tomorrow.

Soooo...how about that SooSoo Toys version, huh? I've had it on pre-order for about 2 years now...

Just got my premium version from OSK. I think they might've done a update on later batches.

My cape is wired and it's not glued at the shoulders but stitched in. The legs also seem to not bulge out as much at the upper thigh.

My only issue with the articulation is his shoulder area. Can't get it to stay back enough to do the hands on hips pose. Just keeps moving back forward.

20230318_164006.jpg

20230318_164018.jpg

20230318_164032.jpg

Last edited:
Well, there goes V1’s value down the drain. The sloppily cut and glued on cape was the most obvious deficiency so it’s good for those hopping on the 2nd batch.

Back