ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
341494932_991579238494959_5008093384573546278_n.jpg

Just announced via FB

Well, sold off my last MP styled Optimus with the new MS-02EX Light of Peace on the way from ShowZ. Looking forward to how it is in hand as this will be my first MS figure. That said, I won't hesitate to let go of it if/when another one comes out that potentially blows it away. Seems many feel that might be FansToys, though it will probably also be double the cost of the MS figure.

Well, sold off my last MP styled Optimus with the new MS-02EX Light of Peace on the way from ShowZ. Looking forward to how it is in hand as this will be my first MS figure. That said, I won't hesitate to let go of it if/when another one comes out that potentially blows it away. Seems many feel that might be FansToys, though it will probably also be double the cost of the MS figure.

I just have this as a loan and it makes a way better first impression than the first. Looking forward to reviewing it.

I reviewed Newage Toys H53: Michael AKA Omega Supreme yesterday. Amazing piece:

345907770_767488291685598_5318486404299271855_n.jpg345640925_1371652690070647_2086875116310741640_n.jpg345611520_258899433182106_2372069807541758237_n.jpg345660825_1406100150152500_129300744299105200_n.jpg345911538_177458331550380_8586050348160614353_n.jpg345599410_3453562364922703_3745208971754108023_n.jpg345637337_206720555478291_7528897711857915426_n.jpg345591925_788686002469346_1819856237897246486_n.jpg345656936_3437880943101198_2375482699473997532_n.jpg

Nice! Looking forward to hearing your thoughts. I will hopefully have mine by next week.

Well I didn't only fiddle with it, but fully transformed it Monday...aaaaand...I don't like it.
The plastic is better than on their other figures, not this satin-velveteeen-like nylon stuff, but it feels fragile.
The articulation is stellar, yeah, but in parts, parts come off, like the back hip skirt, once you want to rotate it.
Cause you need a place to grip it, which, during transformation, can be tricky, so that skirt piece comes in handy...ish.^^

The truck doesn't hold a candle to TE, so does the transformation overall.
There are very interesting parts in the transformation. Like they tried to combine MP10 and 44 transformation, but at the upper body it stops.
Lower body is bad. Too tight, fiddly and doesn't peg together well and I think that it's due to the "paint".

So interesting what they did, first impression even had me like "Is my TE in danger?!", but no.
MS and me are not gonna become friends.
Last was their Ratchet, now this...mh mh mh. Nope.
:lol

Last edited:
Well I didn't only fiddle with it, but fully transformed it Monday...aaaaand...I don't like.
The plastic is better than on their other figures, not this satin-velveteeen-like nylon stuff, but it feels fragile.
The articulation is stellar, yeah, but in parts, parts come off, like the back hip skirt, once you want to rotate it.
Cause you need a place to grip it, which, during transformation, can be tricky, so that skirt piece comes in handy...ish.^^

The truck doesn't hold a candle to TE, so does the transformation overall.
There very interesting parts in transformation. Like they tried to combine MP10 and 44 transformation, but at the upper body it stops.
Lower body is bad. Too tight, fiddly and doesn't peg together well and I think that it's due to the "paint".

So interesting what they did, first impression even had me like "Is my TE in danger?!", but no.
MS and me are not gonna become friends.
Last was their Ratchet, now this...mh mh mh. Nope.
:lol
Interesting thoughts for sure. Thanks for sharing them :duff Sad that you didn't like it but it sounds like maybe you don't like their products, or just haven't had good experiences with them, which is fine. We like what we like.

Though, from the reviews I've seen on YouTube and read from the folks on TFW, I think (hope) I will have a bit more positive opinion than you when mine arrives :lol I've had all the previous MP style Optimus figures so far and haven't felt any of them were THE one. I'll find out soon enough if this one checks most of the boxes for me, though I understand that it's not for everyone. I know some are waiting on FansToys for their version of an MP Optimus, but after having their Soundwave for a time (and selling it), I'm not sure I'm a fan of theirs. However, if it happens to look good and have a pleasant transformation, I may consider it. I don't have any brand loyalty, just want what I feel is the best toon representation of the character.

Though, to be quite honest, I just like Takara's style with MPs, which I think is why I like the looks of the MS-02 as it also shares a lot with MP44's looks. Just didn't like how fragile the original MP44 was/is. I actually preferred my KO Mp44 over my TE-01 as I felt the toon aesthetic that I'm after with my MPs was achieved better on the MP44. That was actually going to be the one for my collection until MS announce the painted MS02. I'm glad they did b/c I was considering shelling out the money for an official MP44 and was just going to swap the knees with the KO, so I wouldn't have to worry about them breaking. While the TE01 is a brick in both modes and I did like the truck mode, I didn't enjoy the transformation one bit. That was one of the other main reasons I sold it along with being too blocky. I do like the rounded hands that the TE01 and MP44 have over the MS though.

Last edited:
Interesting thoughts for sure. Thanks for sharing them :duff Sad that you didn't like it but it sounds like maybe you don't like their products, or just haven't had good experiences with them, which is fine. We like what we like.

Though, from the reviews I've seen on YouTube and read from the folks on TFW, I think (hope) I will have a bit more positive opinion than you when mine arrives :lol I've had all the previous MP style Optimus figures so far and haven't felt any of them were THE one. I'll find out soon enough if this one checks most of the boxes for me, though I understand that it's not for everyone. I know some are waiting on FansToys for their version of an MP Optimus, but after having their Soundwave for a time (and selling it), I'm not sure I'm a fan of theirs. However, if it happens to look good and have a pleasant transformation, I may consider it. I don't have any brand loyalty, just want what I feel is the best toon representation of the character.

Though, to be quite honest, I just like Takara's style with MPs, which I think is why I like the looks of the MS-02 as it also shares a lot with MP44's looks. Just didn't like how fragile the original MP44 was/is. I actually preferred my KO Mp44 over my TE-01 as I felt the toon aesthetic that I'm after with my MPs was achieved better on the MP44. That was actually going to be the one for my collection until MS announce the painted MS02. I'm glad they did b/c I was considering shelling out the money for an official MP44 and was just going to swap the knees with the KO, so I wouldn't have to worry about them breaking. While the TE01 is a brick in both modes and I did like the truck mode, I didn't enjoy the transformation one bit. That was one of the other main reasons I sold it along with being too blocky. I do like the rounded hands that the TE01 and MP44 have over the MS though.

No problem, man. :duff
I heard a lot of good things about this and like I said: the construction, in parts, is VERY interesting.
That's what mostly picks me up nowadays: the engineering.

But I feel like I got a very heightened sense of standard, cause a lot of people also, for example, bear with me, raise the Zeta combiners up like crazy.
How stable they are, great QC and whatnot. Yet the one I got is not the epitome of engineering and quality, I tell you that.
It's wobbly, wings of the jets fall off, Silver Arrows wings sheared off straight out the box, the diecast chest piece was badly chamfered, meaning there was such a sharp edge that, while activating the hip rotation it CUT into the hip area and finally hip skirts were assembled wrong and the pegs are kinda squished into place. You can see them brokenly squashed in their place.
I got the Superitron version, mind you and...I also got the Mini Superitron and Fly Fire's backpart just broke off.
I feel these things are put on a pillar, big time and objective quality talk is a seldom thing, you know?

Back to the MS conversation though:
I thoroughly enjoyed MP44's transformation and I think I even still could transform him and the TE transformation is DAMN superior. So many cool new aspects in this. Love this piece. and MP44 was just ingenious, yet unneccessarily over-engineered to accomodate for a electric feature that's been used what?! Like 5 times over it's full course?

In the end it's all opinion and it is STILL a great time to be a collector.

No problem, man. :duff
I heard a lot of good things about this and like I said: the construction, in parts, is VERY interesting.
That's what mostly picks me up nowadays: the engineering.

But I feel like I got a very heightened sense of standard, cause a lot of people also, for example, bear with me, raise the Zeta combiners up like crazy.
How stable they are, great QC and whatnot. Yet the one I got is not the epitome of engineering and quality, I tell you that.
It's wobbly, wings of the jets fall off, Silver Arrows wings sheared off straight out the box, the diecast chest piece was badly chamfered, meaning there was such a sharp edge that, while activating the hip rotation it CUT into the hip area and finally hip skirts were assembled wrong and the pegs are kinda squished into place. You can see them brokenly squashed in their place.
I got the Superitron version, mind you and...I also got the Mini Superitron and Fly Fire's backpart just broke off.
I feel these things are put on a pillar, big time and objective quality talk is a seldom thing, you know?

Back to the MS conversation though:
I thoroughly enjoyed MP44's transformation and I think I even still could transform him and the TE transformation is DAMN superior. So many cool new aspects in this. Love this piece. and MP44 was just ingenious, yet unneccessarily over-engineered to accomodate for a electric feature that's been used what?! Like 5 times over it's full course?

In the end it's all opinion and it is STILL a great time to be a collector.
I totally understand the love for intuitive and genius level engineering when it comes to TFs, particularly masterpiece level ones. I definitely love a good, semi-complex but still fun transformation. With TE01 in particular, I didn't like having to use a spudger to pry the back open each time I wanted to transform him and I didn't like the very obvious feet at the back especially when the cab cleans up sooooo nicely. I did thoroughly enjoy the leg transformation the most on TE01.

And I agree with you when you say "I feel these things are put on a pillar, big time and objective quality talk is a seldom thing" as I feel the same a lot of the time in both TF as well as 1/6 figures. There tends to be a bit of a hive-mind mentality with certain figures and/or companies that just isn't for me. As I mentioned previously, ppl rave about FansToys, yet I got my first FanToys really thinking I was going to fall in love with them the way others have, and I just didn't.

That said, I did get my MS02-EX and am happy to report that I really like it. I've already transformed it back and forth once and enjoyed the transformation. Love nearly everything about it and the plastic doesn't feel off to me which was a concern I had given what other's had been saying. It doesn't feel infallible, but I also didn't feel like it might break on me the way the KO MP44 did. Love the articulation and how stable he is in nearly any pose.

Now, do I think this is the end all, be all toon style MP Optimus? No- but I do think it's accomplishes a lot that the MP44 does with a simpler, less panely transformation. And since I really like MP44, even with it's flaws, the MS02 is a win for me. I'm still looking forward to what FansToys may end up doing and any other 3rd Party company who wants to try their hand at an MP toon Optimus. Would like to see Xtransbot give it a go, too. But this is definitely the best toon Prime I've had when it comes to what I'm looking for in an MP Prime. Only thing I'm thinking of doing is buying a spare TE01 head (the movie/S2 type head) to see what it looks like on this figure as I did really like that sculpt.

I totally understand the love for intuitive and genius level engineering when it comes to TFs, particularly masterpiece level ones. I definitely love a good, semi-complex but still fun transformation. With TE01 in particular, I didn't like having to use a spudger to pry the back open each time I wanted to transform him and I didn't like the very obvious feet at the back especially when the cab cleans up sooooo nicely. I did thoroughly enjoy the leg transformation the most on TE01.

And I agree with you when you say "I feel these things are put on a pillar, big time and objective quality talk is a seldom thing" as I feel the same a lot of the time in both TF as well as 1/6 figures. There tends to be a bit of a hive-mind mentality with certain figures and/or companies that just isn't for me. As I mentioned previously, ppl rave about FansToys, yet I got my first FanToys really thinking I was going to fall in love with them the way others have, and I just didn't.

That said, I did get my MS02-EX and am happy to report that I really like it. I've already transformed it back and forth once and enjoyed the transformation. Love nearly everything about it and the plastic doesn't feel off to me which was a concern I had given what other's had been saying. It doesn't feel infallible, but I also didn't feel like it might break on me the way the KO MP44 did. Love the articulation and how stable he is in nearly any pose.

Now, do I think this is the end all, be all toon style MP Optimus? No- but I do think it's accomplishes a lot that the MP44 does with a simpler, less panely transformation. And since I really like MP44, even with it's flaws, the MS02 is a win for me. I'm still looking forward to what FansToys may end up doing and any other 3rd Party company who wants to try their hand at an MP toon Optimus. Would like to see Xtransbot give it a go, too. But this is definitely the best toon Prime I've had when it comes to what I'm looking for in an MP Prime. Only thing I'm thinking of doing is buying a spare TE01 head (the movie/S2 type head) to see what it looks like on this figure as I did really like that sculpt.

Sorry for the late replay, man. These 3 weeks were packed a bit more.

I'm in the same boat, but it's still gotta be fun, right?
Like TFC Lumitent: that thing is crazy fun to transform. I doubt I could do it now and first time doing it I was like: "WTH!?", but it is and I wish all were.

On "feet rear": Seldom a Prime does it right. Newage can't do it, for obvious reasons, but the rest is so damn good looking and fun, that it becomes an oversight. TE is an eyesore in that department and MS does it better, yeah. But it's still too long. It should be shorter, but then the rear part needs to be way more complex.

Hive mind puts it just right. Had the same thing, with FT.
I got the OG Sovereign, back in the day and he way good, but mind boggling good? Nah. I had paint scratches and loose joints and thought to myself:
"THAT'S the mighty Fans Toys everybody raves on about?" The toy version got me goin way more, due to colors and the joints were better and I feel that FT is what official MP should be, but they got problems holding quality. Their new Blaster's not for me either. Happy I'm out of the MP game.

You're happy and that's what counts. Nice!
The V2 TE head is way superiour. Tru dat and thought the same.
Gonna review the MS-02 EX and also compare and will see if I can find what's bugging me, but cool that you didn't regret your buy, G. :)

That Blitzwing sure is killer.
I bet Newage minds are flying trying to figure out a triple changer in legends scale. :lol
Yeah, it's mostly colored plastic, so not much paint (possibly none. . .), and very little diecast, but it's still a very nice, and impressive figure. MP Blitzwing was was one of my main wants for many years and this guy scratches that itch, though I would probably still pick up the FansToys version if it ever gets released.

Yeah, it's mostly colored plastic, so not much paint (possibly none. . .), and very little diecast, but it's still a very nice, and impressive figure. MP Blitzwing was was one of my main wants for many years and this guy scratches that itch, though I would probably still pick up the FansToys version if it ever gets released.

I don't mind color, or no color.
If it doesn't have color, then they couldn't figure out the transformation without scratches and I respect that.
No your strengths, work in those confines.

Anyone know if an MP-45 Bumblebee (or 4th party version) can still be got for a reasonable price? Would love to replace my MP-21

Back