ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I suspect some people have gotten a bit spoiled with FansToys figures that have a fair amount of die-cast and are more reminiscent of the original Transformers figures in that way. Doesn't have any practical impact on the aesthetics, but all other things constant, I personally do prefer having heftier figures with more die-cast. My FT Phoenix weighs a ton.

I suspect some people have gotten a bit spoiled with FansToys figures that have a fair amount of die-cast and are more reminiscent of the original Transformers figures in that way. Doesn't have any practical impact on the aesthetics, but all other things constant, I personally do prefer having heftier figures with more die-cast. My FT Phoenix weighs a ton.

I know what you mean, but I wouldn't neccessarily call it "spoiled".
I would call it: MP needs to feel different and FT does that.

I know what you mean, but I wouldn't neccessarily call it "spoiled".
I would call it: MP needs to feel different and FT does that.
Don't get me wrong, I didn't mean that as a pejorative. I personally feel spoiled, in the sense that my expectations have gone up. Sort of like not being able to settle for Sideshow-level quality once you have a Hot Toys figure.

Some Skyfire mini fig action.

DSC_0128.jpg

DSC_0115.jpg

DSC_0114.jpg

DSC_0116.jpg

DSC_0119.jpg

DSC_0121.jpg

Are there Minis of Brawn and Windcharger available?

My all time favourite ep in G1 is of them all on Peru at the Andes,and Brawn and Windcharger racing to get inside Skyfire before they are shot.
Brawn is my fav,so am looking forward to an 86 version of him.

Don't get me wrong, I didn't mean that as a pejorative. I personally feel spoiled, in the sense that my expectations have gone up. Sort of like not being able to settle for Sideshow-level quality once you have a Hot Toys figure.

Oh, no. It's all good, man. I got that 100%. I just meant to put it black on white.
Essentially we all are spoiled. Being a collector is amazing these days. So many options.

Last edited:
Are there Minis of Brawn and Windcharger available?

My all time favourite ep in G1 is of them all on Peru at the Andes,and Brawn and Windcharger racing to get inside Skyfire before they are shot.
Brawn is my fav,so am looking forward to an 86 version of him.
None that I'm aware of but it's surprising those two weren't the figures included with this set considering that episode you mention.

Dude, that **** is spectacular. Amazing pics!!!
Thank you!

Thank you!

Thanks. Not sure I can follow the 'custom' criticism; he's hefty and well-built. My only real complaint is the one shared by everyone else which is the clicks between the ratchets in the hips and feet are too far apart.

Thanks! Those little figures are included with this MP-57 Skyfire! They're intended to scale with his vehicle mode (which magically got much larger in the cartoon than his robot mode); haven't had a chance to do any vehicle mode pics yet but I'll definitely snap some of the mini figs when I do.

In the meantime here's more Skyfire pics in robot mode.

View attachment 629556
View attachment 629557
View attachment 629559View attachment 629560View attachment 629558
View attachment 629561
View attachment 629562
View attachment 629563
does he fit detolf shelf in bot mode?

Ive collected some Threezero DLX transformers and I'm considering jumping into the Takara/Hasbro Masterpiece line.

In my research I've come across the 3rd parties like FanToys. From what I've seen the 3rd party stuff has more variety, and the combiners in particular seem superior in quality and looks.

What I'm looking for in some in hand opinions. IS it worth going third party or should I just stick it out with official products?

Also what is the biggest difference between Masterpiece and Studio series? Some pics I've seen of Studio series look really good,

Ive collected some Threezero DLX transformers and I'm considering jumping into the Takara/Hasbro Masterpiece line.

In my research I've come across the 3rd parties like FanToys. From what I've seen the 3rd party stuff has more variety, and the combiners in particular seem superior in quality and looks.

What I'm looking for in some in hand opinions. IS it worth going third party or should I just stick it out with official products?

Also what is the biggest difference between Masterpiece and Studio series? Some pics I've seen of Studio series look really good,

Well, by Fans Toys you will get possibly the best quality you can have, with some really bad transformations.
Which means fiddly, but not all of them are like this. There's also X-Transbots, which are doing their versions, but, what transformations are concerned,
there are sometimes worse and not as stable. It comes down to your liking and your definition of scale. If you want it having to fit to the Sunbow chart, you will absolutely loose your mind. On direkt figure opinions:
- Fans Toys Sovereign: THE Galvatron to get, to date Amazing, heavy, beautifully painted, in toon-, movie- and toy-decos, but not without it's downsides, a the transformation can be challenging, but the space howitzer is worth it (XTB, reportedly brings their's; Abbadon, end of the year, no word on quality).
- Fans Toys Rig (Huffer): toon perfekt in proportion, heavy, paint's even more gorgeous as on Sovereign, slightly limited in articulation, but enganging and fun transformation and great little truck.
- Fans Toys Hunk (Brawn): pretty much the exact same. So much so, that I bought both, although I never needed the characters, but the bots scream quality
- Fans Toys Tesla 2.0: BEAUTIFUL sculpt and paint. The Perceptor to have, but don't transform him. Just don't. Fiddly, pegs don't hold 100% and I have extremly bad paint chipping all over now, which even more aggrevating, as it was a gift.

For some combiners I can only say, as a first, that it's rough to believe opinions. Everybody you will read about will tell you how great and stable Toyworld/Zeta combiners are. They only are with more or less percentage of margins of errors. Means that people tell you how great it all is, but there is a good chance that they have a way different quality standard than you and they will just 'ok' some fairly big, faulty points. I, for myself, had Toyworld Constructor (Devastator). Amazing look, but when I wanted to review him, their Bonecrusher broke on the shoulder connector. I was able to temporarily repair him, but it didn't survive the move and I was going legends anyway, so my Devi now is Newage Toys Hephaestus EX.

I STILL own Zeta Toys Superitron (as you might suspect: Superion, but their boxset), which looks great, but has some of the worst QC ever.
- Slingshot's back wings sheared clean of the 3rd time I moved them
- Superion's diecast chest shield wasn't properly chamfered and the edges cut in the hips, when I rotate it
- hip panels were assembled wrong, just squashed in the holdings, but once you look inside, you see that the pegs are broken off.
So I had to wait for some replacement parts and still then he is wobbly and not super stable and can tip over rather easy.

These, or other mistakes you can also have on official MPs:
- MP52 Starscream doesn't stand straight
- MP47 was manufactured in a different factory and has parts breaking off
- MP44 has a certain badge where knees break, they all have varying degrees of tolerance issues and big time paint chipping

For your question on MP and Studio Series: It is pretty much just what you think:
MP is collector line. More accessories, better paint, pretty much a fully closed bot, more complex transformations.
Studio Series is main line. Everything is simpler, bots can be hollow in lower arms and legs.

I hope this helps, but at the end of the day, no one can tell you how to safely spend your money.
There are always varying degrees of badges, with varying degrees of problems.
Good luck and stay in touch:
would love to know with what you started.

Last edited:
Well, by Fans Toys you will get possibly the best quality you can have, with some really bad transformations.
Which means fiddly, but not all of them are like this. There's also X-Transbots, which are doing their versions, but, what transformations are concerned,
there are sometimes worse and not as stable. It comes down to your liking and your definition of scale. If you want it having to fit to the Sunbow chart, you will absolutely loose your mind. On direkt figure opinions:
- Fans Toys Sovereign: THE Galvatron to get, to date Amazing, heavy, beautifully painted, in toon-, movie- and toy-decos, but not without it's downsides, a the transformation can be challenging, but the space howitzer is worth it (XTB, reportedly brings their's; Abbadon, end of the year, no word on quality).
- Fans Toys Rig (Huffer): toon perfekt in proportion, heavy, paint's even more gorgeous as on Sovereign, slightly limited in articulation, but enganging and fun transformation and great little truck.
- Fans Toys Hunk (Brawn): pretty much the exact same. So much so, that I bought both, although I never needed the characters, but the bots scream quality
- Fans Toys Tesla 2.0: BEAUTIFUL sculpt and paint. The Perceptor to have, but don't transform him. Just don't. Fiddly, pegs don't hold 100% and I have extremly bad paint chipping all over now, which even more aggrevating, as it was a gift.

For some combiners I can only say, as a first, that it's rough to believe opinions. Everybody you will read about will tell you how great and stable Toyworld/Zeta combiners are. They only are with more or less percentage of margins of errors. Means that people tell you how great it all is, but there is a good chance that they have a way different quality standard than you and they will just 'ok' some fairly big, faulty points. I, for myself, had Toyworld Constructor (Devastator). Amazing look, but when I wanted to review him, their Bonecrusher broke on the shoulder connector. I was able to temporarily repair him, but it didn't survive the move and I was going legends anyway, so my Devi now is Newage Toys Hephaestus EX.

I STILL own Zeta Toys Superitron (as you might suspect: Superion, but their boxset), which looks great, but has some of the worst QC ever.
- Slingshot's back wings sheared clean of the 3rd time I moved them
- Superion's diecast chest shield wasn't properly chamfered and the edges cut in the hips, when I rotate it
- hip panels were assembled wrong, just squashed in the holdings, but once you look inside, you see that the pegs are broken off.
So I had to wait for some replacement parts and still then he is wobbly and not super stable and can tip over rather easy.

These, or other mistakes you can also have on official MPs:
- MP52 Starscream doesn't stand straight
- MP47 was manufactured in a different factory and has parts breaking off
- MP44 has a certain badge where knees break, they all have varying degrees of tolerance issues and big time paint chipping

For your question on MP and Studio Series: It is pretty much just what you think:
MP is collector line. More accessories, better paint, pretty a fully closed bot, more complex transformations.
Studio Series is main line. Everything is simpler, bots can be hollow in lower arms and legs.

I hope this helps, but at the end of the day, no one can tell you how to safely spend your money.
There are always varying degrees of badges, with varying degrees of problems.
Good luck and stay in touch:
would love to know with what you started.

Thanks for the info. It helps.

It’s just all a bit overwhelming. I look at pics and videos and some look amazing but then I read on forums abkut QC issues and such. That’s why I usually stick with official releases figures. But even then they either don’t have the figure I want or the 3rd party is superior.

I guess I just need to do more homework.

Thanks for the info. It helps.

It’s just all a bit overwhelming. I look at pics and videos and some look amazing but then I read on forums abkut QC issues and such. That’s why I usually stick with official releases figures. But even then they either don’t have the figure I want or the 3rd party is superior.

I guess I just need to do more homework.

That and also don't try to make sense of the 3rd Party company swamp.
Example:

Wei Jiang does oversized KOs of Studio Series Bayverse bots.
Transform Element did OP leader (the best Optimus Prime, to me).
Per rumor, TE is WJ department for own creations, which means they fund their projects through the KOs.

And that's just the very visible example. It just goes downhill from there. :lol

Back