ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The KO... I only want a robot mode look. How good do they look?
Here's a video review of the latest version of the KO (4th version I believe) with a good comparison to the official. The KO is not painted but rather colored plastic in most places unlike the official which has the nice gloss paint and chrome accents. You can judge for yourself if you think it looks nice enough (y)

Blackout is supposed to be this Fall but we still don’t have final pricing, availability or the ability to pre-order.
(...)
I wonder if MPM Blackout not having pricing yet has anything to do with the leaked CAD files that Black Mamba (BMB, Ayoi Mech, Deformation Space, etc.) was going to use to create their KO that was more than likely going to be cheaper and better painted than Has/Tak but also released before Has/Tak? 🤔 Apparently due to the bold move by BMB, they've now gone into hiding for the heat to cool off so that Has/Tak won't catch them. Most retailers are heavily discounting their products to try to get rid of stock as fast as possible as well.

The KO... I only want a robot mode look. How good do they look?
If you haven't bought one yet, I recommend: [Pre-Order] Transform Element TE-01 Optimus Prime

It looks better than the MP-44 as it doesn't have the kibble backpack, it's US$79 and is great quality. I've had mine for over a year now and pairs well with this Megatron: Infinite Transformation IT-01 Emperor of Destruction Megatron

Jobby the Hong has a review of this OP on YouTube and it was how I discovered it.

I got the Magnificent Mecha (MPM Bumblebee movie Optimus Prime) yesterday and WOW is that thing impressive. Never though I'd spend that much on a 3rd Party Transformer but I think it was worth it. I took $100 off with my ShowZ points, so I didn't have the big hit to the wallet like some so maybe that plays a bit into it. But, It's definitely a huge leap above the MPM12 that I have and would recommend it if you're looking for a really good Knightverse Prime. It's solid, painted well and really heavy.

If you haven't bought one yet, I recommend: [Pre-Order] Transform Element TE-01 Optimus Prime

It looks better than the MP-44 as it doesn't have the kibble backpack, it's US$79 and is great quality. I've had mine for over a year now and pairs well with this Megatron: Infinite Transformation IT-01 Emperor of Destruction Megatron

Jobby the Hong has a review of this OP on YouTube and it was how I discovered it.
The new KO MP44 doesn't have the big kibble backpack like the original or the previous KOs and it's on sale for only $89.99 at ShowZ as well, so for $10 more get the BD Prime head and stomach piece, Starscream head and shoulder intakes, jet pack and blast effects. If those things matter, it’s better bang for the buck at only $10 more.

Also, the thing about the current run of TE01 is that it's a branch of the BMB (Black Mamba) brand and with BMB going underground, there's no telling if/when they'll actually produce that new run of TE01. It’s been on PO for awhile now.

With that said, I have TE01 as well and it's been a really nice stand in for an MP Optimus in my collection. But something about it looks a little out of place to me (I can't put my finger on it) which is why I bought the MP44 KO myself to see if I like how that one looks more than the TE01 figure. Could be that he’s the only one of my G1 MPs that’s not a Takara mold. I do love the accurate Matrix chamber and the way the legs transform for a solid and smooth truck bed in alt mode on the TE01 though. One thing I don't like about the TE01 is the seam on the forehead of the season 1 sculpt for transformation. I wish they would've remolded it a bit to be like the season 2/movie sculpt for later batches to get rid of that line. And if I'm nitpicking, I would prefer the chest to be more toon accurate for bot mode, which is something I do really like about the MP44 since I keep my TF's in bot mode 99% of the time.

Last edited:
I know they’re statues but just wanted to share my XM pieces on their new pedestals.

Attachments

• AB7C7267-2B60-4B0D-B9FC-400D8FEA07CC.jpeg
    AB7C7267-2B60-4B0D-B9FC-400D8FEA07CC.jpeg
    137.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 8B5694EB-0661-4381-A218-039843EB171C.jpeg
    8B5694EB-0661-4381-A218-039843EB171C.jpeg
    127.4 KB · Views: 0
I’m liking how the third party companies like New Age and Magic Square are tackling the G1 or OG animated versions more accurately than Hasblo

I wasn't a fan of Magic Square until their newest reboot of their legends figures. I got their legends Optimus in hand and it blew me away.

I'm debating to just give up on the masterpiece line and go with these. They've been very Autobot heavy it seems apart from devastator, but I went with the Newage version of that.

My dudes, this has got to be the best playset of all time!! Micromachines x Transformers, spotted in the Philippines so far
7B9D6355-6FE6-4DD8-8A3A-B9A149E9D4B1.jpeg

Francisco off of MicroMachines FB group was the OP
81837962-7891-469D-89F2-F1E074F7B4C8.jpeg
3650B8B8-91C5-4E61-9FF5-70B62421D9C6.jpeg

Snagged a MPM-13 Blackout this morning! More to come but first in-hand impressions are very positive. They really went all out with this guy!

DSC_0232.jpg

DSC_0236.jpg

DSC_0237.jpg

DSC_0241.jpg

DSC_0242.jpg

My dude this is nice!! Is target stocking them yet or did you get this overseas? This a day one purchase for me! The details are insane, I always dreamed of them producing it from this line up!
Target is stocking them now! Got mine in-store today after someone at tfw2005 reported that the listing was live which allowed me to check local stores for stock. They were shipping them too but looks like they’re sold out for now. Transformers Movie Masterpiece Series MPM-13 Decepticon Blackout and Scorponok Action Figures

Fantastic pictures! I know people hate on the bay verse but seeing blackout in the first transformers was mind blowing at the time!! This is one of the few I have personally been waiting for and it does not disappoint your pictures give it the much needed justice!!
The stickers on my local target have gone up and all the stores on my city don’t have them yet!

DPCI: 087-16-7802
UPC: 5010993977482
8F45D1FD-D957-455C-9A50-61524DDE583C.jpeg

8C72D3DB-B02D-4B12-9F93-3E98D5B04F83.jpeg

Just these 😍

Transformers Movie Masterpiece Series MPM-13 Decepticon Blackout and Scorponok Action Figures

Last edited:
Fantastic pictures! I know people hate on the bay verse but seeing blackout in the first transformers was mind blowing at the time!! This is one of the few I have personally been waiting for and it does not disappoint your pictures give it the much needed justice!!
The stickers on my local target have gone up and all the stores on my city don’t have them yet!

DPCI: 087-16-7802
UPC: 5010993977482View attachment 592382
View attachment 592385
Just these 😍

Transformers Movie Masterpiece Series MPM-13 Decepticon Blackout and Scorponok Action Figures
For sure! Glad somebody shares my love for Blackout! It's a good sign they've got the tag up, I'd just keep checking in every few days. This guy has been worth the wait!

DSC_0429.jpg
DSC_0430.jpg

DSC_0441.jpg

DSC_0432.jpg

DSC_0410.jpg

Back