ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If anyone is interested shoot me a PM

IMG_6399 (1).jpg

IMG_6401 (1).jpg

IMG_6403.jpg

I was in that boat a couple of years ago while building up my Transformers Masterpiece collection while still actively collecting 1/6 figures. I got my TF collection to where I wanted it (aside from Defensor which it looks like it has X-Transbots and MMC finally making) and I decided to restrict my 1/6 collecting just to new characters which I really want...which are not many. I think I have three 1/6 figures on preorder right now and that's about it.

The downside happens to be where you start looking for other less expensive lines to collect, which is what got me back into vintage 80's GI Joe :D

He looks great but I am starting to see a few reports of cracking on another forum. How is yours?
I saw that too so checked mine over straight out of the box and no cracks. I do have the problem where one arm panel won’t close flush, and there were several VERY tight points on first transformation to the point that I was convinced it would break, but second transformation was smooth sailing.

03ABA02B-901A-4E40-9A3B-ECFD8D33A42A.jpeg
BE2FF4B8-28CF-4E4A-B86F-B41F74F5A4EC.jpeg
CA7FC1CC-4F7E-4767-A69B-09269F0AEF28.jpeg
12C62CA3-1C07-435B-985E-FBA9BB30E3CD.jpeg

I saw that too so checked mine over straight out of the box and no cracks. I do have the problem where one arm panel won’t close flush, and there were several VERY tight points on first transformation to the point that I was convinced it would break, but second transformation was smooth sailing.
Glad to hear you've got a good copy. Great pics by the way he is so photogenic.

Looks great, only reason I held off is I wish it was bigger, I don't like how small they make these. Hoping a 3rd party does an "oversized" version that would be around 11-12 inch tall. I'd be all over that!!

Looks great, only reason I held off is I wish it was bigger, I don't like how small they make these. Hoping a 3rd party does an "oversized" version that would be around 11-12 inch tall. I'd be all over that!!
All of the Masterpiece figures are scaled with one-another so I'm not sure what one would do with an oversized figure?
Glad to hear you've got a good copy. Great pics by the way he is so photogenic.
Thank you and yes he is! Been taking tons of photos and haven't even gotten to airplane images yet.

DSC_0231.jpg
DSC_0184.jpg
DSC_0185.jpg
DSC_0190.jpg
DSC_0197.jpg
DSC_0118.jpg
DSC_0116.jpg
DSC_0174.jpg

I know they are in scale with each other, but I'm not crazy about that scale. I like the oversized line as it just feels more like a collectible to me I guess. Not to mention the Weijiang Megatron is probably the best version of Megatron we have to date (IMHO), though I will say this is absolutely the best starscream we've got so far.

I think this is also my vice with collecting transformers and Hot Toys, now I want my transformers in 1/6 scale LOL.

If you get the WeiJiang Megatron, Robot Hero Starscream, and WeiJiang MPP10 you'll see what I mean. Then again, could just be my preference.

I know they are in scale with each other, but I'm not crazy about that scale. I like the oversized line as it just feels more like a collectible to me I guess. Not to mention the Weijiang Megatron is probably the best version of Megatron we have to date (IMHO), though I will say this is absolutely the best starscream we've got so far.

I think this is also my vice with collecting transformers and Hot Toys, now I want my transformers in 1/6 scale LOL.

If you get the WeiJiang Megatron, Robot Hero Starscream, and WeiJiang MPP10 you'll see what I mean. Then again, could just be my preference.
Admittedly I have never owned one of the oversized movie masterpiece figures, but I do like how the official releases sit on the shelf.

I actually got out of the Transformers Masterpiece line for several years when they rebooted it with MP-10 because I too was put off by the smaller size compared to MP-01. But eventually I came around, sold MP-01 through MP-05, and am a total convert at the smaller size. It’s far more manageable, the figures don’t collapse under their own weight, and it opens the door for larger figures (like the upcoming Jetfire) that would just not be possible in the oversized scale.

View attachment 529757View attachment 529758View attachment 529759View attachment 529760
Looks great he has that retro look like the Super 7 figure. what brand is this may i ask?

Back