All things Muppets!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree. I wish they had done the Veterinarian's Hospital playset.
The Palisades playsets were so good, that would've been a nice one.
The Chef's kitchen is one of my favorite, so many accessories.
Muppets Chef Kitchen.JPG

This is the original, but you are right. It's been a while but the pizza, banana, green tomato are accessories from other figures. Also a few original accessories stuffed in the cupboards.

I'm guessing they will be priced around the same as the Diamond Select ones, and with the decreased articulation they aren't too much of a draw to me. Personally, that itch was scratched with the Palisades Muppets.

They remind me a bit of the old Muppet stick figures. I got the main set for Christmas as a small kid, and still think they are pretty great.

https://muppet.fandom.com/wiki/Muppet_Show_Stick_Puppets

I'm guessing they will be priced around the same as the Diamond Select ones, and with the decreased articulation they aren't too much of a draw to me. Personally, that itch was scratched with the Palisades Muppets.

They remind me a bit of the old Muppet stick figures. I got the main set for Christmas as a small kid, and still think they are pretty great.

https://muppet.fandom.com/wiki/Muppet_Show_Stick_Puppets

I wouldn't open these. I think the main draw of the Reaction figures is the packaging...at least for me anyways. I'm curious to see what it looks like.

I wouldn't open these. I think the main draw of the Reaction figures is the packaging...at least for me anyways. I'm curious to see what it looks like.
Yeah, early on with the Reaction figures they were replicating a specific style of toy that would have existed at a particular point in time (late '70s and early '80s). And that made sense for the Alien prototypes, Jaws figures, etc., but made less sense for franchises from the mid-80s on, after GI Joes and larger, more detailed figures like Super Powers, the Real Ghostbusters and TMNT really revolutionized what figures could be. Now these figures are getting better, with the recent GI Joes looking like something straight out of the cartoon. But the Muppets is a line that fits perfectly with the original mission and focus of this line, given that it comes from the '70s and there weren't too many plastic toys for the franchise. So, if the packaging is appropriately retro, then I suspect these will be a real draw once we see them carded. Because that's one area where the Diamond line really struggled. Huge, plastic shells don't do it when you are going for nostalgia.

Boss fight Studio ‘Fraggle Rock’ 5” figures. Finally!!!!
0DE8F98E-BFA5-411A-8B99-797D9E0F8EB5.jpeg

Attachments

• BA2E8F62-5EE7-4C12-BF44-D82C272AFAB5.jpeg
    BA2E8F62-5EE7-4C12-BF44-D82C272AFAB5.jpeg
    119.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 5CBF8C29-58CD-43A7-9C53-2835D495F7AD.jpeg
    5CBF8C29-58CD-43A7-9C53-2835D495F7AD.jpeg
    120.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 0C342C22-E9A1-4724-B504-680EFE3374C3.jpeg
    0C342C22-E9A1-4724-B504-680EFE3374C3.jpeg
    105.4 KB · Views: 0
  • CD4ABCD3-D19E-44A6-BD05-859F52046ABC.jpeg
    CD4ABCD3-D19E-44A6-BD05-859F52046ABC.jpeg
    364.3 KB · Views: 0
I saw on one of the Muppet forums that these should be roughly in scale with the Palisades muppets. If so, would be nice to have them, though sadly I don't even have the space to display my Muppets collection at the moment.

This is the Palisades version of Electric Mayhem, in my wall mounted medicine cabinet. I remember Palisades was releasing the musicians in dribs and drabs... I think Janice was Wave 9.
View attachment 629770
I really do need to get my Electric Mayhem display back on the Detolf. They were one of my favorite things about the Muppet Show. Dr. Teeth is underrated!

New Super 7 super sized Count
439096-21DDA96A-7039-43CC-8F0C-317320402BF0.jpeg

View attachment 630563
Scale?
So does this put them in scale with 1:6 humans? Has there ever been a 1:6 compatible line of Muppets?
And would anyone even do or want the actual human cast in 1:6 scale? They'd have to be in their retro 70s grooviness. :lol
Cause anything after Mr. Hooper passed, I have no idea who joined ?
Mr. Hooper
Gordon & Susan
Luis & Maria
Bob & that deaf sign languaging chick.
David & that other lady (maybe Native American? Buffy?
4b838e5be57120f1f2e33035a07f1294--sesame-streets-my-childhood.jpg

Kidding! Though I would consider the two lead puppeteers Henson & Oz
If they came with a couple of in scale characters to swap out on their hands. (maybe with separate attachable legs, so you could alternately pose the muppets standing next to the "humans")
Make it a two-set , and included among the alternate "hands", a couple of swappable characters to have them pose with.
7bgknr.gif

7bgo1d.gif

-
Should these threads be merged? - Post your top 5 1/6 Figures that you want made
And both be moved to the actual 1/6 Action Figures forum? - General Collectibles - Action Figures

Last edited:
Scale?
So does this put them in scale with 1:6 humans? Has there ever been a 1:6 compatible line of Muppets?
I think the Diamond Select figures are roughly in scale with 1/6 scale figures (though maybe something between those and the Palisades figures would be more accurate). I have Rowlf on my computer desk at home and when I see him next to HT Captain America they seem more or less in scale with one another.

In terms of large figures, Palisades did a Beaker and Gonzo. . .they didn't cost $300 (I think they were like $30?). In fact, I don't think the prop replicas cost that much when they were released, which is insane to think about.

Back