All things Muppets!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are there anything seriously good for Muppet collectors out there right now? Was the last thing not Master Replicas Kermit, Animal and Gonzo? Has there been anything like that since?

Are there anything seriously good for Muppet collectors out there right now? Was the last thing not Master Replicas Kermit, Animal and Gonzo? Has there been anything like that since?

Nope, nothing. Efx got the license after Master Replicas and showed some prototypes, but never made anything. More recently HasLabs tried to do a Cookie Monster, but it didn't get enough backers.

Nope, nothing. Efx got the license after Master Replicas and showed some prototypes, but never made anything. More recently HasLabs tried to do a Cookie Monster, but it didn't get enough backers.

Cookie Monster was such an odd choice to try something life sized like that. If Hasbro did a muppet, I think it would have been a home run.

Are there anything seriously good for Muppet collectors out there right now?
Apparently baby Gonzo recently came out!
\
muppets-balcony.gif

These are re-releases of the old Palisades figures?
It looks that way at first, although this comparison image suggest they are all slightly new sculpts.
N2v2L0A.jpg

I have yet to see a side by side, on their scale?

On a separate note; anyone with a Palisades or Diamond Muppet who also have any standard 1:6 figure side by side?
Would you say the Muppet line (other than larger characters like Sweetums etc.) approximates the scale a Muppet would be next to a human at 1:6 scale?

Last edited:
Diamond figures are significantly smaller than the Palisades ones. Based on the price, you might not expect that. . .

While I don't have pics, I once had the Palisades backstage set displayed on a single Detolf shelf. And I think the Sweetums figure was approximately 12 inches tall. So, Palisades are pretty close to being in 1/6 scale. Diamond figures are too small. They are really tiny.

edit: here is a video that compares scale.

The Diamond figures are more in scale with Neca toys, as they show in the video. Palisades quality is also much higher.

Last edited:
Resurrecting this thread! Has anybody picked up any of the rereleased Diamond Select Muppets "Best Of" Figures?

I haven't as I have the Palisades. I've been watching a lot of The Muppet Show since it's on Disney+ now. I sure wish someone would make life size replicas again. I really just want Fozzie. Of course he would probably cost well over a grand these days.

Never got the DS Muppets as I have (and was only interested in) two Palisades Fozzie Bears bookending my "comedy" shelf in my office; it has all my Laurel & Hardy, Marx Brothers and W. C. Fields Blu-rays, books, statues and steins.

The Adventures of Bunsen, Beaker, and Bender

Bender: "How about something to drink before we start the experiment doc!"
Bunsen: "Beaker, get Mr. Bender something with carbonation please"
Bunsen Beaker & Bender 1.JPG

Bunsen:
"No! That lever is for 'carbonite' not 'carbonation'."
Beaker: "Meep Meep, MEEEEP!"
Bunsen Beaker & Bender 2.JPG

Bunsen: "Well Beaker I guess we're done for today at Muppet Labs."
Bunsen Beaker & Bender 3.JPG

Palisades Muppets were mountains above the DST releases, size, execution, paint... just no contest, IMO.

Those guys at Palisades poured their heart and soul into that line, and it showed through 100%.
One of the BEST action figure lines of all time from any company.
Amen to that.
Never bought the figures but anytime I see this bumped, I wish the Fraggle Rock figures were released.
Did Palisades have Fraggle Rock protos?
I've seen some of the Sesame Street protos and they looked awesome.

Thanks for the link, BoosterGold06!
I wish another company would take up their Seseame Street line, it is so good.

Back