All things Marvel Legends/Marvel Select/Marvel Universe

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Saw that this morning. Sucks it's a 3pk. I only want the Venom. Guess the other 2 will go up on Ebay.

Hopefully there won't be tons of them for sale after it's release...

I finally got the animated vhs Wolvie..I like it a lot , the cell shading works for the figure despite why people complain about it

FZzy0kDXgAI8WC6
FZz1nQdXkAApDa0

Morph came in the post this week. I wasn’t excited about him at all, as I never really wanted a Morph. But my X-Men display is going to be built around a Haslab Sentinel, and as a huge fan of the 90s cartoon, that made Morph an integral piece to have.

I’m surprised at how well the figure came out though, and how much I actually like it, considering it’s essentially Cyclops with a different paint job and sculpt. I like it a lot!

Attachments

• AB8D76C9-DE07-4D05-AE68-8FD417FE8765.jpeg
    AB8D76C9-DE07-4D05-AE68-8FD417FE8765.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
Marvel Legends Comic Gorr the God Butcher - Amazon exclusive up for preorder tomorrow at 1 PM est

FbVlRp9XwAInNmn

This looks cool, but I'm not a big enough fan of Ghost Rider to justify a $350 price tag. I think that's a bit much. Like a good $100 too much. I might have considered it a bit more at $250. As it is, I have 0 Ghost Rider figures or related characters. And the previous motorcycle set looked too small & under scaled next to the car in pictures.

I just don't see how this costs so much. Galactus could step on this thing and he was only $50 more. The last year with all these price increases has gotten out of hand. It's like they are testing to see what the market will bear. Galactus would've been $500 if made this year. The G.I.Joe Hiss tank seemed a bit much at $300 as well, but since that sold so well, that gave them a reason to jump this another $50.

But for those that are big Ghost Rider fans, this will be a cool addition to the collection. Congrats to those excited for this. :clap

The extra $100 is from all the tacked on figures hidden in the tiers and early bird offer. They used to be perceptibly free additions and now they’re baked into the price at launch despite not being shown.

The Hellcharger Haslab is a joke. $350 for something that another company could put out for$100 at retail. Remove the light up function and ask yourself how much should a 1/11.5 scaled plastic car with flame effects and a single Marvel Legends figure cost? Yeah, they're including the add ons to their price but without knowing what those are, how would anyone predict the value of this? That early bird figure offering is stupid, the same exact character but without what makes the character look cool and it's animation styled for some reason, very few Marvel Legends figures are styled that way. You also can't display the two figures side by side like the early bird offer on the Hiss Tank because they're the same character.
I was never going to buy this unless it was priced around $75 because I just don't care for this version of Ghost Rider much, but if those add on figures are characters that I do care about like Mephisto (teased) or Danny Ketch It'll just piss me off that those more desirable characters are being used to prop up this overpriced cash grab. Hasbro will likely wait on offering those characters on their own for years just to let the customers know that missing out on any haslab will have some kind of penalty, otherwise why offer those characters in the haslab as an incentive if they make them eventually?

If the rumors of McFarlane producing a 1:10 scale light up '89 Batmobile for $80 at retail are true, then that'll just put the nail in Hasbro's haslab coffin.

Hasbro threatened very clearly the only way those demonic figures were happening was through this Haslab. That’s a load of BS as con exclusives and fan channels easily could have supported those.

Todd loves sticking it to Hasbro about outselling them. It being Batman Day today, it would be a perfect time to announce that Batmobile and really stick it to them. They might have to scramble to salvage this thing if it’s clear how much price gouging they are doing on this one. We really need those Kickstarter pie charts that break down where all the money is going towards. How much is pure profit or bonuses on this one?

Hasbro threatened very clearly the only way those demonic figures were happening was through this Haslab. That’s a load of BS as con exclusives and fan channels easily could have supported those.

Todd loves sticking it to Hasbro about outselling them. It being Batman Day today, it would be a perfect time to announce that Batmobile and really stick it to them. They might have to scramble to salvage this thing if it’s clear how much price gouging they are doing on this one. We really need those Kickstarter pie charts that break down where all the money is going towards. How much is pure profit or bonuses on this one?
Honestly, you bring up a good point. I remember when Todd revealed the Batmobeast vehicle. It's gargantuan, especially at a 7" scale... and it's $60 at my local Gamestop.
Batmobeast-06__scaled_800.jpg

Back