All things Marvel Legends/Marvel Select/Marvel Universe

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
437d5920-1940-47be-94c8-f0aee9edd249.jpg

Second Age of Apocalypse wave is now up at BBTS and Hasbro Pulse (maybe elsewhere, I haven't checked). :yess:

I only have my order in for Rogue, Shadowcat isn't available on Amazon, might've sold out. I will eventually order the entire wave, just want to commit to the harder to find figures at the moment.
They also unveiled Spider-Man 2099! Awesome since I missed out on the last version and was thinking of buying a bootleg of 2099, glad I can get an official one, not sure I love the body they choose for it though, the torso looks too lanky.

One older figure I did manage to get that's getting a completely new figure is Tigra! New sculpt, double jointed elbows and knees with pinless tech. Multiple heads and she's in her Bikini getup. I didn't think that version of her would be possible so really looking forward to getting this one!

The last reveal is a purple dragon on a sword, the dragon is of course Lockeed, so Sadowcat is coming, no idea which version. I have the black and yellow figure so I'm hoping it's a new version, preferably the classic 80's purple bloused costume.

Here's a bit of a comparison, the only ML Iron Man I have is the 85. ZD slots in about half a head taller than the ML

b4fhq2B.jpg

Though it's not perfect, they look to scale pretty well with Marvel Legends. Better scaled with Marvel Select. I'll have to pick one up eventually, Thanks!

Though it's not perfect, they look to scale pretty well with Marvel Legends. Better scaled with Marvel Select. I'll have to pick one up eventually, Thanks!

I don't have many other Legends unpacked at the moment, but yeah its not terrible (I regularly pair Legends with SHF and Mafex so a bit of inconsistency in the scale is not a deal breaker for me anyway)
PCHvLsm.jpg

Also I never opened my one Select, but here's a shot-
56bmNaW.jpg

The ZD HoA actually scales most accurately with Legends I think, the ZD Iron Men are pretty tall in there compared to the film
LU5YwtI.jpg

OyCsDT6.png

Those ZD look like scaled down Hot Toys figures they make the ML IM look like trash yikes.

Amazing collection btw thanks for posting those great photos.

Amazing how those ZD stick out from the lineup looking equal to the Hot Toys.

I don't have many other Legends unpacked at the moment, but yeah its not terrible (I regularly pair Legends with SHF and Mafex so a bit of inconsistency in the scale is not a deal breaker for me anyway)
PCHvLsm.jpg

Also I never opened my one Select, but here's a shot-
56bmNaW.jpg

The ZD HoA actually scales most accurately with Legends I think, the ZD Iron Men are pretty tall in there compared to the film
LU5YwtI.jpg

OyCsDT6.png

Fantastic photos and comparisons! :clap :clap I quite like your cumulative comparisons between the different brands/scales, variety is the spice of life. I'll have to highly consider picking up the ZD IM figures, for me preferably the Mark II & III, since I'm happy with my HT IV's and VI's and I quite like the first IM film.

New shirtless Wolverine. I'm liking the new headsculpts, wish that one head wasn't busted up for a more neutral expression.

Marvel Legends Shirtless Wolverine 001.jpg
Marvel Legends Shirtless Wolverine 002.jpg

They didn't miss the hair deco for his back..
Marvel Legends Shirtless Wolverine 003.jpg

I'm liking the hair paint, wish it was more directional and not going all over the place. It's also strange that he has no hair on his stomach area.

Is there an issue with characters from GOTG or Guardians 3000?

Other than Vance Astro there's basically zero characters from the series being made.

It's really infuriating as I mainly collect characters and characters who appeared in that series.

Some characters should just never be made

I have to believe they had a spot to fill in the wave and not enough money in the wave's budget to develop a whole figure - so they scrounged for a character design that meant they could just sculpt a new head, throw colossus arms on a one-color buck, and voila, another figure to fulfill the wave requirements and keep the pegs toasty. I "invested" in Cyber's first appearance shortly after it hit stands. That was a mis-fire.

Back