All things Marvel Legends/Marvel Select/Marvel Universe

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is Spider-Man grounded?

8QiXB4Q.jpg

Last edited:
Good lord, the knees on the new Daredevil are awful. They've gotta figure out a new way to do double knees for figures with baggy clothes. Not sure why they don't look to SH Figuarts Goku to see how it's done.

Raimi villains are up on BBTS. Goblin is $50, Ock is $40, Sandman is $26.

The three Spider-Men are also available individually for $26 each.

1695943353753.jpeg

1695943362482.jpeg

1695943374470.jpeg

1695943387917.jpeg

1695943414921.jpeg

1695943439063.jpeg

1695943449482.jpeg

Found some of the X-Men ‘97 figures at Target tonight. Picked up Wolverine. My Target also had Magneto and Gambit but I decided to hold off on those two.

Saw Maggot at a clearance outlet while at a brick and mortar.

Headsculpt looks really good. That's something I've observed about Marvel Legends that's pretty consistent IMHO. The heads are done pretty well.

The general problem I see is a lack of accessories. Would help if the figures had swords, axes, shields, guns, grenades, rocket launchers, etc, etc. I recognize that might not be comic accurate nor canon accurate, but if you want toys to sell to kids, it helps to attract kids with more accessories. What's interesting is within the set is the parts for a Bonebreaker build a figure. This set came with, looks like, an extra head with mohawk and sunglasses.

Kind of surreal. There are figures going on clearance now, that no one wants, that I would have literally killed to have as a kid. I remember saving catalog pages or Sunday paper ads, to save the pictures of figures. Because there was no internet back then and it was the only way to know what might be coming out soon.

So I know, from a practical standpoint ,the price points at MSRP are really phasing kids of of many action figures. Not all of them, but some of them. Which goes back to my take on accessories. Whether it's for a kid or adult, more stuff in the package never hurts. I suppose someone will say it will cost more. OK, then give everyone the same four weapons in every set. I just struggle to see how most figures without guns sell. A lot of the Marvel Legends line I've seen, just no weapons at all.

What a find for the beginning of the month…She is worth the hype IMO

Marvel Legends have come a long way

What a find for the beginning of the month…She is worth the hype IMO

Supreme Power Princess looks really well done. Like that she gets a shield and a sword. Unfortunately some Marvel Legends will trim down on accessories, even those seen as necessary for the figures theme/canon.

I don't know if I can speak for anyone else, but if I am on the fence on a figure, I tend to look at the accessories in the set. For example, the Marvel Legends Thor figure. I'm not a huge fan of Thor in general, but he had two crows, his hammer, a lightning effect, the BAF Controller head and spare hands. I pulled the trigger on him because the "value" was there.

I got Quake for the same reason ( she had an extra headsculpt... Maria Hill sculpt?) Then also Spiral ( 5 swords, an ax of some kind, some spare hands) Once I see an extra headsculpt, I'm more interested immediately. More accessories will also draw me in ( which is why all the Deadpool variants are interesting...) I just think some of these sets would sell better with more accessories, even if they are basically just reuse of existing molds.

I don't really do BAF, because I don't want to pick up figures I don't like, but I've always asked myself if it would be worth it to "Frankenstein" a BAF out of random parts from different sets not meant to actually go together. The best sets for me are the ones with the BAF head inside a set I'm already keen towards anyway. The Controller head IMHO is really well done, and I can use that for something else in a custom. I'm not interesting in doing a Controller at the cost it would take to get him in total, but just the head is handy.

More headsculpts, more guns, more accessories. I see more wins that way. Especially for the price points. Just some thoughts.

With the most recent reveal of KaZar, I was wondering if there might be other Savage Land characters. Since I never thought I would see a Savage Rogue, I had one commissioned...along with a Picnic Rogue...why not? So happy with the results
received_3680519562233908.jpeg
received_291261610640967.jpeg

if you haven't heard yet, hasbro previewed some new figures at WonderCon in California this weekend:
https://marvelousnews.com/252-34879

Glad about She-Hulk, but they need to include a neutral head, would be weird her in action/battle poses but smiling?

View attachment 695593
It's weird she's in the Iron Man wave in the first place. I don't recall her ever being in the Iron Man show, but my memory could be faulty here.

So is the Silver Surfer listed today the Walgreens one reissued? That one had an awesome silver paint app and this one doesn't look so much.

Back