ALL GHOST SHOWS THREAD!!!! (etc...)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know it’s for the “kids” but tik tok has some crazy freaky stuff you should check out. I tend to stay away from that part cause there is just so much creepy crap people either talk about or catch on video. Lots of info people tell explain to you aswell.

I know it’s for the “kids” but tik tok has some crazy freaky stuff you should check out. I tend to stay away from that part cause there is just so much creepy crap people either talk about or catch on video. Lots of info people tell explain to you aswell.

I've only seen the clips from there when they've appeared on Nuke's Top 5 or other shows like The Osbournes Want to Believe and Paranormal Caught on Camera.

Some of those have been the most convincing, because things look like they happen live.

I've become a big fan of Dan Bell over the past few days. Some genuinely scary explores, of which a smattering have odd occurrences that make them even creepier.

He started doing Randonautica recently. While I think it's just a gimmick, it does provide for random 'adventures'. He's been keeping to his local Baltimore, so it's also a travelogue that often resembles scenes from The Last of Us!

I've only seen the clips from there when they've appeared on Nuke's Top 5 or other shows like The Osbournes Want to Believe and Paranormal Caught on Camera.

Some of those have been the most convincing, because things look like they happen live.

I've become a big fan of Dan Bell over the past few days. Some genuinely scary explores, of which a smattering have odd occurrences that make them even creepier.

He started doing Randonautica recently. While I think it's just a gimmick, it does provide for random 'adventures'. He's been keeping to his local Baltimore, so it's also a travelogue that often resembles scenes from The Last of Us!
Yea I’ve seen some creepy stuff. On there. This one vid on there shows that people close there blinds while living in the mountains at night in some parts of America. Apparently it’s a thing a lot of people do cause crazy stuff is outside.

Yea I’ve seen some creepy stuff. On there. This one vid on there shows that people close there blinds while living in the mountains at night in some parts of America. Apparently it’s a thing a lot of people do cause crazy stuff is outside.

Peeping Toms!

It's funny, Dan Bell was telling the story of something that happened when he visited his parents' house, which backed onto woods. He was alone one night and went out to smoke weed, and saw a light moving through the trees. When it got closer the light went out, and in the security lights of the house he saw a man standing and watching from the woods.

I think Dan said he was to the side of the house, so the watcher wouldn't have seen him due to the security lights on the back. He eventually called out asking what the man wanted, and the man took off running calling to someone else.

Dan figured they were a pair of Peeping Toms who came to spy on his parents and sister, because they never bothered with nets or curtains on the back!

:woo

Dan Bell's back making videos.

Not strictly a 'ghost show' as he makes all sorts of videos, but I like his Saturday livestreams driving around and exploring Baltimore.

He's very dismissive of most 'ghost hunters' and Youtubers of that ilk due to the obvious amount of jiggery fakery going on. He is a believer in the paranormal though, as in this very creepy documentary about the Belvedere Hotel where he currently lives:

The amount of urban exploration channels now who are turning to the paranormal is getting ridiculous. It's becoming a rite of passage for them. Every place now has to have a "creepy vibe", unexplained noises and "shadow figures".

I started watching Adam Mark Explores, and everywhere he goes he has to have "a little Necrophonic session". The app invariably broadcasts voices from beyond and he has a conversation with the dead. :lol

Buzz - Ghosts.jpg

Peeping Toms!

It's funny, Dan Bell was telling the story of something that happened when he visited his parents' house, which backed onto woods. He was alone one night and went out to smoke weed, and saw a light moving through the trees. When it got closer the light went out, and in the security lights of the house he saw a man standing and watching from the woods.

I think Dan said he was to the side of the house, so the watcher wouldn't have seen him due to the security lights on the back. He eventually called out asking what the man wanted, and the man took off running calling to someone else.

Dan figured they were a pair of Peeping Toms who came to spy on his parents and sister, because they never bothered with nets or curtains on the back!

Ha, come to Reddit. [You can just lurk... I do.]

Their "what spooky/unexplainable stuff have you seen in the woods/out camping/on a roadtrip/in the desert/after dark" type threads will make you never make you want to leave your house again.

The "Sailors, what crazy stuff have you seen out on the ocean" thread was also pretty eyebrow raising. But in general: if you are outside away from your house, you better be strapped - because you never know when you are gonna be in a tent with someone prancing through your campsite outside shouting "IF YOU DISRESPECT ME YOU DISRESPECT THE UNITED STATES MARINES!" from midnight to four a.m. Ghosts? Crazy people? People on drugs? I dont know and have no intention of finding out, whatever I might hear.

If I were ever in a tent camping 90 miles from civilization, that is. Which I wont be. I like my house. Or a nice hotel with a complimentary coffee maker.

Also: avoid the Alaskan bush, I mean just never *****ng go there, not once. I dont want to hear a yeti howling fifty feet off in the brush at midnight, I mean who the hell wants to hear that. I guess plenty of people do, but not me.

Last edited:
Controversial Youtuber, Exploring With Danny, who was a prolific faker of the paranormal, and got arrested during his search for Nicola Bulley, is now a debunker.

I never watched him before, but took more of an interest when The Shape reviewed Danny's first debunking video, which Danny deleted because, unsurprisingly, he got a lot of flak from the other prolific fakers.

After that deletion I checked his channel every now and then, and he was flip flopping over what he wanted to do with it. At times all his videos were removed, since he thought he was going to be a gaming channel instead.

Now he seems to have settled into debunking, with a view to also exploring places where activity supposedly happened, to see how it could have been fabricated.

While I don't particularly like the guy, from what I know of him, it's interesting to see a poacher turned gamekeeper. A crook to catch crooks, since he knows the tricks of the trade, from using fishing line or video editing to create 'poltergeist activity'; triggering K2 EMF metres to light up on order to simulate 'contact with ghosts', and even making sounds on the fly by shuffling a foot or rubbing an arm against a jacket during EVP recording sessions.

Watching Nuke's Top 5 there's very few videos that don't look like they've either been intentionally faked, misinterpreted, or where the audience is being lead to a paranormal conclusion. Many viewers are easy to fool because they're desperate to believe, jumping to the illogical before considering the logical.

There was an interesting case yesterday. Two channels happened to put up videos exploring the same house.

Finders Beepers History Seekers are more straight forward urban explorers who don't go looking for the paranormal (though odd things sometimes happen). They explored the house and nothing occurred at all. Their video went up yesterday morning.

Adam Mark Explores and Dead City Paranormal, who collaborate on explores/ghost hunting, both put up their videos of the same house yesterday evening.

From the way certain objects had been left by Finders Beepers, it appears that Adam Mark and Dead City Paranormal, went in soon after (and no one else moved things in between).

Naturally they found lots of evidence with their K2 meters, Necrophonic app, and some very 'convincing footage' of poltergeist activity.

In both Adam's and DCP's videos a clonk, clonk, clonk is heard from another room, which baffles them.

Fortuitously (and suspiciously), Adam had a static camera set up in the room where noise came from to capture the event, which strongly implies it was a set up. The noise was a candlestick being pulled off the mantlepiece, which most viewers regarded as an excellent capture of paranormal activity.

I suspect it was achieved using video overlay. That is, one of them knocked the candlestick down and edited themselves out of the shot by overlaying it with a clean frame. Then a muffled clonk, clonk, clonk would be added later to videos of them in the other room, to which they were shown reacting.

A small table also moved in the room where they were conducting their investigation, which was only caught by a static camera. This one's harder to debunk as they were both visible in the shot, but based on the direction of the channel it was either set up, or explained by some other rational means.

It's sad that so few urban explorers are willing to resist the temptation of faking paranormal, as they all know that's where the big viewing numbers come from. Thankfully there are still a few holdouts, such as Finders Beepers and Hell on Earth. (The latter is my new favourite urban exploration channel).

Out of curiosity I took screen caps of the room where the incident occurred, though there was no evidence that Adam had messed with anything prior to knocking the candlestick off.

0 Finders Beepers - before Adam Mark.jpg
0 Adam Mark - after Finders Beepers.jpg

For the record, Finders Beepers' Andy didn't "almost quit" due to anything paranormal (they aren't a paranormal channel), but because Matt was being an utter ass to him for most of the explore. :lol

EDIT:

Forgot that I should've added that Finders Beepers bring Matt's dog, Bear, with them now. He's rigged up with a camera and light, and runs around the houses making his own videos for his own channel, Beeper Bear.

He didn't act any differently to usual, in what was supposedly a highly haunted place. In fact, Bear's only been freaked out once while exploring, and that was because he discovered someone hiding under a bed.

It was also a rare occasion when he actually barked. For several explores afterwards he was noticeably less adventurous, and stayed closer to Matt and Andy.

In another house he stood motionless in a larder staring at a wall for half an hour. However, he's a terrier, and rats had been spotted in the piles of rubbish in the adjoining kitchen.

Last edited:
Shortly after I posted, Exploring with Danny deleted all his debunking videos again. :lol

Today he's announced he's trying something different, yet again.

Exploring With Danny3 hours ago (edited)
Massive series coming to my channel Poltergeist activity They were also be a video of why I don't do abandoned places no more due to my home being really haunted something followed us This is why I think a brake of YouTube but now we're gonna share our experience with everybody Never seen before paranormal activity in my home me and Felicity will be sharing our experiences at some point we will be setting up live cameras throughout the night sleep tighters Poltergeist activity around the house and much more Not going to say much more but wait till you see the evidence we've got on video It's going to shock the audience for sure Never seen before Poltergeist activity on the channel you are all in for one big treat back with a bang 🔥 back with the most biggest series you will see on the channel welcome to my haunted house The series will begin within the next 48 hours Get ready for some action EWD ARMY 🎬🎥👻

:rotfl

No more debunking because he's going full on back into fakery! As if the world needed another Lainey and Ben clone. :slap

In his debunking videos he admitted that his content was for "entertainment purposes", though he never actually wrote that disclaimer in anything I looked at, and complained that so many channels were doing the same but passing it off as genuine.

Is it even entertaining? So many Youtubers are jumping onto the same bandwagon, and still people want to believe, regardless how many times their heroes get possessed, attacked by demons, see shadow figures or have things thrown at them.

This was one of the replies to the announcement:

Oh gosh Danny and felicity you should get a priest in the house and get rid of the ghost s

:rolleyes:

Anything paranormal related gets more views, but I've seen so much of it that I'm more drawn to regular urban exploration. Some places are genuinely spooky, and odd things happen. It's more intriguing than the 'ghost hunters' getting out their silly ghost hunting toys. The SLS camera that looks for human forms (i.e. ghosts invisible to the naked eye), but actually just constructs human forms out of furniture, debris or patches of peeled paint; the apps where spirits can pick a word in order to communicate; K2 EMF meters and motion detectors that can be triggered on cue.

Who created the science of ghost detection and communication? Who made up the rules of what they can and can't do, what they can and can't interact with? If there was a science to ghost hunting, then ghosts would no longer be paranormal (i.e., beyond scientific understanding).

Ghost shows, ever since they began on TV, have been reality TV - scripted for entertainment purposes. You can watch them like you would a horror movie, knowing it's made up, but the presenters want you to believe it's real. Ghost shows have exploded with Youtube, since now anyone can be a filmmaker, and so many of them are looking to make a living out it.

Viewers are more than willing to believe, and will find the paranormal in everything, such as describing normal digital anomalies as 'orbs'.

I've followed a few Youtube 'ghost shows', but after a while they become tedious and predictable. It's now more like watching a magician and trying to figure out how they accomplished the trick.

The genuinely spooky stuff occurs in the channels that don't actively look for it.

:lol

Just hours after Exploring with Danny put up his first 'haunted house' video he removed it.

It was obviously as fake as all his other videos, even though it didn't have the '"for entertainment purposes only" warning that he complained ought to be put on all such scripted episodes, yet there were some naïve people in the comments that acutally believed it. :rolleyes:

Exploring with Flip-Flopping Danny has now gone back to debunking. (In a few hours he might've ditched that and gone back to the silly fake paranormal).

Exploring With Danny1 hour ago
Today's video is an interesting video I show you how to open cupboards and move objects just using editing software 👌😁 I will show you how easy it is to fake content So you boys what are playing with your computers like really haunted & smug puppy You've been caught out 😂😂😂😂😂😂 new video to day.

Exploring With Danny19 minutes ago
I've got the biggest debunking video coming to my channel 4:00 p.m. today People are going to be really interested in this video This video will give debunkers something to talk about it's a big video with the truth into the unknown it's gonna open a lot of eyes I put everything into this video.

Exploring With Danny7 minutes ago (edited)
This time next year I will be the best debunker on YouTube 😁👌 If you don't like my debunking content and you can't handle the fakeness of other YouTube channel unsubscribe because this channel will not be for you I'm gonna debunk all your favourite paranormal YouTube channels It's gonna be funny some of you need your head testing if you believe in ghosts the best thing about it I know how it's all done and I know how to edit that's where I win This video tonight is knowledge It will open a lot of eyes This one's been a long time coming🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻

Danny's personal drama is additional to the drama that's currently going on between the debunkers, the ghost channels, and the reacting and 'Top Five' type channels. Caspersight was in tears the other day because debunkers were taking away hope from those who want to believe it's possible to contact lost family members. :unsure:

It's all a bit like professional wrestling...

Last edited:
After departure from producer Zak Bagans, the "Destination Fear" crew are now PROJECT FEAR on YouTube and their episodes have begun.

I haven't started watching them yet, but it looks like they have another hit. Zak did them a favour as they now have full control.

I liked Destination Fear. The team works well together, and the episodes are spooky. When it became apparent they were another scripted reality show, an off-shoot of Ghost Adventures, I stuck with it because the emphasis is fear, and they put themselves into creepy situations regardless whether the ensuing occurrences are genuine or not.

Watching some of the debunking videos by Beardo Gets Scared lead me to two Youtube channels I'd heard of but never looked into: Ouija Brothers and Ghosts on Trent.

Both of these appear to be much more genuine. They debunk themselves as they go, including the rumours that get attached to some of the supposedly 'haunted' places on the Youtube ghost hunting circuit.

They just record their exploration, whether anything occurs or not, without jazzing things up with the sort of manic activity that some channels always happen to miraculously capture. It's a much more down to earth, sceptical approach. From the few videos I've seen there's a quietness to them, so you can actually hear noises, rather than those channels where the presenters can't stop talking.

On the nutty Exploring with Danny front, he either deleted or hid his channel yesterday.

He's been smarting since the Nicola Bulley incident, when a lot of channels snubbed him, and his viewing numbers fell. He keeps re-imagining himself trying to regain his popularity, but everything's failed. He was going to become a gaming channel, then a debunker. He wrote numerous times that ghosts weren't real and you'd need your head checking if you believed in them. Then in the same sentence he also said some channels weren't fake.

Didn't get much traction with debunking so he announced his house was haunted and he was going to start a new series on it. The following day that was deleted and he announced he was going to be the best debunker ever, and put out two videos showing how paranormal activity was faked using video editing software.

Now it's all gone. :lol

Beardo Gets Scared is a debunker who also believes in the paranormal. He debunks the fake channels primarily because they have no interest in seeking actual evidence, but instead manufacture 'evidence' to maximise views.

Two channels Beardo recommended are The Ouija Brothers and Ghosts on Trent, as I mentioned in the previous post. They take a much more scientific approach, and instantly try to debunk themselves as they go, looking for rational explanations first instead of going straight to the paranormal.

https://www.youtube.com/@TheOuijaBrothers/videos
https://www.youtube.com/@GhostsOnTrent/videos

A third recommendation was Ghost Theory.

https://www.youtube.com/@GhostTheory/videos
I started looking into them tonight, beginning with their earliest video:

As per the title I did find this one "intense". It's a really unsettling place, the same location where The Bearded Explorer got terrified by noises, and filmed a figure. There's still a new looking camp bed in one of the rooms, so someone was probably living in there.

The building is in such a bad state that it's literally falling apart on camera, so some of the sounds would be due to decay and dripping water.

Ghost Theory's explore is also dripping with atmosphere, reminiscent of a horror videogame.

Not quite sure about them yet. While they appear very genuine, and very unlike the blatant fakers, they did get some extremely intelligent responses from the K2 metre. Certain devices are known to be able to trigger a K2 on command, making it look as though you're having a full on conversation with a ghost.

Nevertheless, Ghost Theory's first two videos are so creepy, and more towards the realistic end of the ghost show spectrum, that their channel is begging to be binge watched.

With channels that I discover late, and have too much content to watch, I'll pick the videos that sound interesting, and sometimes skip through them to gauge whether they're worth the time.

Then comes Ghost Theory. I've watched the first three videos in full because they're truly gripping. I'm skeptical with all claims of the paranormal, so I always have my debunking mode activated, but there's a quality to this team and these videos that I find convincing. Plus Beardo recommended them as a 'real paranormal' channel.

The third one, the 300 year old cottage, had a very claustrophobic atmosphere, and what frequently sounded like footsteps.

There's a jump scare that almost gave me a heart attack. :lol

One the team looked like he was having a heart attack too, but it was the symptoms of a panic attack. There was such an oppressive feeling coming through the screen from that place. 😱

Asta, why'd you have to dig up this thread? I'm just a sucker for these kinds of things. I tend to go through cycles with topics, but now I'm just getting recommendations for this ghost, that cryto, and so on. Lucky for me I have to like the "host" for most of these things to grab me. I don't like very many people.

Asta, why'd you have to dig up this thread? I'm just a sucker for these kinds of things. I tend to go through cycles with topics, but now I'm just getting recommendations for this ghost, that cryto, and so on. Lucky for me I have to like the "host" for most of these things to grab me. I don't like very many people.

I started watching urban exploration channels, then realised that most of them end up becoming ghost channels because that's where the views are.

Nuke's Top 5 was recommended here, and that lead to a lot of other channels. As I learned more about the tricks of the trade I started to spot the blatantly fake ones. I was getting sick of all the fake paranormal, and moved back to strictly urbex teams like Hell on Earth, Finders Beepers and Samandjessexplore.

Then the debunker The Shape lead to the UK debunkers, Beardo Gets Scared, Parrple Lives and World of MrGrey. In turn they took me to what they viewed as the 'real paranormal' channels, such as The Ouija Brothers, Ghosts on Trent and Ghost Theory.

Youtube is such a huge rabbit hole that you have to draw the line at some point, so I'm sticking with the latter three for paranormal.

I understand that my friend, but you are like the guy on the corner offering "free stuff." Then it's try this or maybe this. I have to fight the urge.

After watching the first nine Ghost Theory videos it was hard not to suspect fakery.

They were getting too much activity in every location, and there was a predictable pattern - hearing footsteps, hearing voices, and much of it I couldn't hear at all, and sometimes it had supposedly occurred off camera.

Since Beardo recommended them I checked through his more recent videos, and found this one from three months ago where he reassessed his opinion: "I'm convinced they're not real."

Compared to The Ouija Brothers and Ghosts on Trent, who sometimes capture nothing at all, Ghost Theory were capturing far too much 'paranormal' not to be making it up. They do make very atmospheric quality films though.

Back