ALL GHOST SHOWS THREAD!!!! (etc...)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone been keeping up with the new season of Ghost Adventures? They've all been amazing. The last one with ZOZO was like something out of a horror film.

GA has been pretty good and GH is still as lifeless as the ghosts they're looking for.:lol
There's so many ghost shows on lately I'm starting to lose track of them all, but I'm looking forward to the premier of Ghost Stalkers tonight though.
What happened to Paranormal Witness? I thought it would be starting with Halloween a couple weeks away.

I used to be a huge fan of Ghost Hunters but the shows got worse, and the more popular they got the more douchey they got. Especially Jason.

I used to be a huge fan of Ghost Hunters but the shows got worse, and the more popular they got the more douchey they got. Especially Jason.

That and the South Park episode really let me look at it in a whole new light! :lol

Ghosts are not real! :lol

Necroposting in a ghost thread...

I generally avoid these types of shows because of the formulaic and overtly fake nature of them.

I've always been skeptical, yet the idea that the paranormal is real is appealing.

I want to believe, but these un-reality shows often make it easier not to.

However, I'm conflicted in my skepticism. While I've never experienced anything paranormal, my dad has, and he'd have no reason to lie about it.

His experience relates to when he was working as an engineer repairing television sets in Salisbury, Wiltshire. The building was a disused police station, though not a very old one. The workshop was on the top floor, and sometimes he'd hear footsteps coming up the stairs. Expecting it to be one of the other engineers returning he'd go to open the door to let them in. On multiple occasions there was no one there, but he could still hear the footsteps approaching. They'd always stop before the last flight and never come any closer.

It was an occurrence the engineers got used to and lived with. Like echoes from the past.

Coming back to ghost shows, I actually got hooked on one the other day: Destination Fear.

I've watched half the first season. Even though I expect it to be faked the format of the episodes is nevertheless very effective. It's so easy to make noises off screen, and the main 'investigator' got his first camera work replacing someone on another show who was sacked for revealing how elements were faked to ensure there was something on film.

The four 'investigators' are either good actors, or they really are getting scared. It's a moot point whether this series is about finding the paranormal, or whether it's just an experiment in fear itself.

Necroposting in a ghost thread...

I generally avoid these types of shows because of the formulaic and overtly fake nature of them.

I've always been skeptical, yet the idea that the paranormal is real is appealing.

I want to believe, but these un-reality shows often make it easier not to.

However, I'm conflicted in my skepticism. While I've never experienced anything paranormal, my dad has, and he'd have no reason to lie about it.

His experience relates to when he was working as an engineer repairing television sets in Salisbury, Wiltshire. The building was a disused police station, though not a very old one. The workshop was on the top floor, and sometimes he'd hear footsteps coming up the stairs. Expecting it to be one of the other engineers returning he'd go to open the door to let them in. On multiple occasions there was no one there, but he could still hear the footsteps approaching. They'd always stop before the last flight and never come any closer.

It was an occurrence the engineers got used to and lived with. Like echoes from the past.

Coming back to ghost shows, I actually got hooked on one the other day: Destination Fear.

I've watched half the first season. Even though I expect it to be faked the format of the episodes is nevertheless very effective. It's so easy to make noises off screen, and the main 'investigator' got his first camera work replacing someone on another show who was sacked for revealing how elements were faked to ensure there was something on film.

The four 'investigators' are either good actors, or they really are getting scared. It's a moot point whether this series is about finding the paranormal, or whether it's just an experiment in fear itself.
My life has been an entire supernatural journey, if you are still skeptical to be honest the best show is not even a show but a YouTube channel called NukesTop5, his narration and selection of videos is hands down the best proof of the paranormal on the internet, he posts videos that are up for debate if it’s legit or not but a lot of them have me convinced.

the usual ghost adventures, which I like for their drama and backstory although nothing paranormal normally happens. My haunted house is an amazing show with a lot of good ghost stories.

The Dead Files is my absolute favorite. A Haunting is pretty good but they all focus on demonic possession, still thought although you might not have had anything close happen to you in your life you would be surprised how much paranormal happens behind the scenes in your life that you might not know but still

My life has been an entire supernatural journey, if you are still skeptical to be honest the best show is not even a show but a YouTube channel called NukesTop5, his narration and selection of videos is hands down the best proof of the paranormal on the internet, he posts videos that are up for debate if it’s legit or not but a lot of them have me convinced.

the usual ghost adventures, which I like for their drama and backstory although nothing paranormal normally happens. My haunted house is an amazing show with a lot of good ghost stories.

The Dead Files is my absolute favorite. A Haunting is pretty good but they all focus on demonic possession, still thought although you might not have had anything close happen to you in your life you would be surprised how much paranormal happens behind the scenes in your life that you might not know but still

I'll have a look at NukesTop5.

I watched all three seasons of Destination Fear. I really got hooked on that one as I liked the four 'investigators' - brother, sister, and two childhood friends.

The brother, Dakota Laden, was the one who stepped in to replace the whistle blower on Zak Bagan's Ghost Adventures. Zak is actually a producer for Destination Fear, so the links go deeper.

I tried a few episodes of Ghost Adventures but it didn't grab me the way DF did. DF is as much about exploring the creepy locations, which they often do alone.

The silliest one lately is The Osbournes Want to Believe. Jack shows his mum and dad a series of videos to try and convince them of the paranormal. While some of the videos are interesting in their own right, the show drags a bit.

I definitely believe in paranormal things. I hope I never experience a strong presence but I have seen stuff while I’m half awake. One time I heard drums while on a plantation in Virginia when no one was there.
I honestly think humans shouldn’t mess with it though cause there is so much about this world we don’t understand. I stay away from bad energy

I definitely believe in paranormal things. I hope I never experience a strong presence but I have seen stuff while I’m half awake. One time I heard drums while on a plantation in Virginia when no one was there.
I honestly think humans shouldn’t mess with it though cause there is so much about this world we don’t understand. I stay away from bad energy

Spooky.

Shortly after my mum died my dad said he saw her standing at the end the bed. He put it down to being only half awake.

There was an old woman who we knew, who firmly believed in ghosts, who asked me a few times, "Have you seen her yet?"

She insisted the dead always come back.

It reminds me that I did experience something as a child. One morning I was sure my step brother hit me hard on the back and woke me up. I was in the bottom bunk, and he in the top. He denied it, and I actually couldn't see how he could've done it anyway. But it was the only logical explanation apart from it being part of a dream. But I don't often feel pain in dreams. It unsettled me for a while.

There was also a time when I was very young that I experienced an hallucination. I remember it very vividly, sitting on the sofa staring past my worried parents, babbling on about seeing aliens! I was conscious of being in the real world (the living room), yet not in control. It was like a paralysing trance until I snapped out of it. I've never read up on it in detail, but I think it's quite common for children to get hallucinations. It never happened again.

For a while I also had recurring night terrors or sleep paralysis. I don't know which, but probably the latter, because it would be as though I was awake but paralysed. It was always the same: somebody was pouring bird seed into my mouth so I was suffocating, but unable to move no matter how hard I tried.

I've been working my way through NukesTop5's videos, from the oldest to latest. It's quite addictive!

While some things can be easily explained, others can't - especially in the context that the videos were made.

Last edited:
I've been working my way through Nuke's Top 5 videos, from oldest to newest.

It is very addictive. While there's a lot of very suspicious entries, others are very convincing - especially the ones with dogs and cats reacting to things that the humans can't see. Also the poltergeist activity where a lot of things are happening that don't look easy to fake.

It gets quite chilling and intense at times!

In the last one I watched a toddler in a car insists there's a dead girl in a tree, and at the end says, "You...hear that?"

Nuke returns a few times to The Ghosts of Carmel Maine, but I think this one is particularly fake. The Shadow Dude supposedly appears either as a human form or an animal. The animal is literally his pet cat! You can see it when it jumps from the window into the room, peaks round the corner at the bottom of the stairs, and is the likely explanation for the moving shape under the bedclothes! lol

It's not all chills though. In the current one I'm watching a pair of Chinese ghost hunters are live streaming their investigation of a supposedly haunted derelict house.

One of the investigators opens a trunk. When he starts to look inside the other investigator farts, scaring the crap out of him! :lol

"F*** you! I really want to punch you right now, Dai. I want to punch you LIVE." :rotfl

Spooky.

Shortly after my mum died my dad said he saw her standing at the end the bed. He put it down to being only half awake.

There was an old woman who we knew, who firmly believed in ghosts, who asked me a few times, "Have you seen her yet?"

She insisted the dead always come back.

It reminds me that I did experience something as a child. One morning I was sure my step brother hit me hard on the back and woke me up. I was in the bottom bunk, and he in the top. He denied it, and I actually couldn't see how he could've done it anyway. But it was the only logical explanation apart from it being part of a dream. But I don't often feel pain in dreams. It unsettled me for a while.

There was also a time when I was very young that I experienced an hallucination. I remember it very vividly, sitting on the sofa staring past my worried parents, babbling on about seeing aliens! I was conscious of being in the real world (the living room), yet not in control. It was like a paralysing trance until I snapped out of it. I've never read up on it in detail, but I think it's quite common for children to get hallucinations. It never happened again.

For a while I also had recurring night terrors or sleep paralysis. I don't know which, but probably the latter, because it would be as though I was awake but paralysed. It was always the same: somebody was pouring bird seed into my mouth so I was suffocating, but unable to move no matter how hard I tried.

I've been working my way through NukesTop5's videos, from the oldest to latest. It's quite addictive!

While some things can be easily explained, others can't - especially in the context that the videos were made.
Yea. I believe that. I see my grandfather regularly in my dreams after he died if that counts. I feel like if your under stress you get those really terrible dreams cause Everytime I do I have bad dreams. One time after a break up I was sleeping and I woke up and saw a girl on the end of my bed. I jumped and then she jumped and I pretty much ran out the room scaring everyone in the house. Lol

I've been working my way through Nuke's Top 5 videos, from oldest to newest.

It is very addictive. While there's a lot of very suspicious entries, others are very convincing - especially the ones with dogs and cats reacting to things that the humans can't see. Also the poltergeist activity where a lot of things are happening that don't look easy to fake.

It gets quite chilling and intense at times!

In the last one I watched a toddler in a car insists there's a dead girl in a tree, and at the end says, "You...hear that?"

Nuke returns a few times to The Ghosts of Carmel Maine, but I think this one is particularly fake. The Shadow Dude supposedly appears either as a human form or an animal. The animal is literally his pet cat! You can see it when it jumps from the window into the room, peaks round the corner at the bottom of the stairs, and is the likely explanation for the moving shape under the bedclothes! lol

It's not all chills though. In the current one I'm watching a pair of Chinese ghost hunters are live streaming their investigation of a supposedly haunted derelict house.

One of the investigators opens a trunk. When he starts to look inside the other investigator farts, scaring the crap out of him! :lol

"F*** you! I really want to punch you right now, Dai. I want to punch you LIVE." :rotfl
You should watch buzzfeed unsolved. Scary stuff sometimes. I remember them talking to that Annabelle doll. That thing is definitely alive lol

You should watch buzzfeed unsolved. Scary stuff sometimes. I remember them talking to that Annabelle doll. That thing is definitely alive lol

I'll give that one a look after I've worked my way through Nuke's.

Only another 56 videos to go. :lol

(I try to watch something else before I go to bed, because this much concentration of creepiness can't be good!)

While watching one of Nuke's videos I looked at the sidebar with other suggested videos, and this channel was there:

https://www.youtube.com/c/ExposedExposed/videos

There's a lot of videos there exposing some of the people that Nuke regularly features, either through their own footage, or by showing how some of the effects are created.

In one video he showed how easy it was to fake the moving of objects simply by the person moving the objects by hand, and then masking themselves out with editing.

This doesn't account for the videos that air live, though in some of those it's easy to see how the 'shadow figures' are merely accomplices that the hunters are careful to avoid filming once they give chase, giving their accomplices time to duck down and sneak away before they finally pan the camera to the area they were hiding in. One of Exposed's videos actually showed a hunter's cut footage where the accomplice was clearly spotted in frame hiding behind a doorway.

Others were caught out due to their poor editing skills, and in one they were literally caught up in the fishing line they'd used to pull an object - and tried to say it was their fishing rod. :lol

It's also been pointed out that some of the film makers have 'For entertainment purposes only' disclaimers, such as Frankos TV, and one of the prominent Russian 'ghost hunters' - I think it's the one who did investigations of really creepy cottages, where an accordion is played and a ghost supposedly activated a Polaroid camera. Both instances now easily explainable by 'masking' in video editing.

Exposed doesn't discount everything though, just those that are out to fool the audience in order to get more views, since this is a lucrative business for Youtubers.

I've watched all of Nuke's To 5 videos now.

Knowing what I know now about some of the channels he features repeatedly, and how easy it is to fake even sophisticated looking 'paranormal events', I think around 90% of the entries are fake, and the remaining 10% unexplained.

As Nuke asks, "is it real, or just a very elaborate hoax? You decide."

He knows full well it's usually the latter, but it's earning him millions of views per video. It's also pretty entertaining for the most part.

Last edited:
I've watched all of Nuke's To 5 videos now.

Knowing what I know now about some of the channels he features repeatedly, and how easy it is to fake even sophisticated looking 'paranormal events', I think around 90% of the entries are fake, and the remaining 10% unexplained.

As Nuke asks, "is it real, or just a very elaborate hoax? You decide."

He knows full well it's usually the latter, but it's earning him millions of views per video. It's also pretty entertaining for the most part.
See the thing is I grew up in a very supernatural country, I would disagree and say that I legit have seen 90% of the stuff that nuke shows. Those black shadows, I lived through some of those, white shadows also, granted some stuff like he mentioned is for entertainment only and that’s how I take but you have to admit that YouTube shows have gotten better than 100% than all horror movies nowadays

I will legit **** my pants if I see a ghosts peeking halfway through a door sideways hahahaha

See the thing is I grew up in a very supernatural country, I would disagree and say that I legit have seen 90% of the stuff that nuke shows. Those black shadows, I lived through some of those, white shadows also, granted some stuff like he mentioned is for entertainment only and that’s how I take but you have to admit that YouTube shows have gotten better than 100% than all horror movies nowadays

I will legit **** my pants if I see a ghosts peeking halfway through a door sideways hahahaha

It is mostly very entertaining - especially when it's not made by those who are known fakers - because I want to believe.

The trouble is that there is so much incentive for these channels to fake content to keep the viewers coming back.

For years people were trying to catch paranormal activity, and now there are many who are supposedly capturing it on a regular basis.

Exposed showed how easy it was to fake even elaborate poltergeist activity - it's really convincing until you realise it's possible with video editing. On occasion the editing skills aren't great and you can see the mismatch between the two sets of overlayed film. There was one where a guy was laying on a bed outside, and the bed suddenly turns over throwing him to the ground. The overlayed images didn't match and you could see the farthest bed rail wasn't straight. In another case a guy is laying in a tomb and 'something' pulls his shirt. Again the editing is poor, and masking out the person pulling his shirt left a lot of blurring.

When 'ghost hunters' go live to try to make it look more realistic they usually capture slamming doors and 'peaking ghosts', since these are the easiest things to fake with an accomplice. Sometimes the accomplice is accidentally caught on camera when the camera person neglects to keep them out of shot as they rush into a room, and sometimes they're seen creeping around in the background as spotted by viewers. These are then explained as legitimate ghost 'sightings'.

After watching so many videos I started to spot the patterns and tactics used regularly by the different makers. The trouble is that the amount of fakery discredits what might actually be real, and Exposed doesn't discredit all paranormal activity, just that which has been debunked, and those who have admitted that they faked it for entertainment purposes.

Some of the most convincing evidence is from official CCTV cameras, police body cams, or where dogs and cats are seeing and reacting to things. Also events filmed by those who don't specialise in the paranormal, such as urban explorers . Nuke featured one by FINDERS BEEPERS HISTORY SEEKERS that lead me to their channel. Walking up a set of stairs one of them spots a pair a legs on the landing above walking left to right. When they get up there they can't see where a person could've gone in that direction. Sometimes when they're exploring larger properties they say that there are other explorers in there with them, but this case was inexplicable to them.

https://www.youtube.com/c/FINDERSBEEPERSHISTORYSEEKERS/videos

Last edited:
I still watch every Nuke's Top 5 when it airs, but he fake is strong with most of the videos. Even so they're usually worth a watch.

Some are genuinely mysterious.

Every Sunday morning I watch the latest 'Finders Beepers History Seekers' urban exploration. This pair are certainly not ghost hunters, but more interested in the history and architecture of the places they visit. However, they've had a few unexplained events - a couple of which reached Nuke's Top 5, which in turn lead me to Finders Beepers.

https://www.youtube.com/c/FINDERSBEEPERSHISTORYSEEKERS/videos
Some of the locations are just genuinely spooky, and lend themselves to thoughts of the paranormal.

It seems that all urban explorers get more and more into the supernatural as time goes on, because those are the videos that get the most hits. So they emphasise any bang or creak for effect, or actually go out of their way and create events.

'Urbex Hill' seemed a pretty reasonable channel, exploring creepy places and being spooked by the unexplainable. However, he got much more extreme in his latest video, which was an homage to the 2011 April Fool's 'Sewer Creature' hoax played by United Utilities.

https://www.youtube.com/c/URBEXHILL/videos
From 'Urbex Hill' I found 'This is Dan Bell', which I like a lot. He's more of documentarian, with various specialities such as dead and dying shopping malls, and dead hotels.

I watched years worth of his videos over the past few days, and he's gradually gone from confirmed sceptic to begrudging believer in search of rational explanations. In most of his videos it's the living he tries to avoid, since they're more dangerous. Some of the finds left by the living are bizarre as well.

Then, par for course, he moved more into the paranormal. Yet he does it more as a documentarian than a ghost hunter. He's a very good film maker so there's an artistic quality to the videos. In fact he went from sceptic to moving into an apartment at the notoriously spooky Belvedere Hotel in Baltimore.

He has at least three channels now:

https://www.youtube.com/MovieDan/videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfCM_TfrSDMkkMpKuLNWuXA/videos
https://www.youtube.com/c/DanBellFilmIt/videos

Back