Aliens,Predator and Terminator Q&A (Anything!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey all,

What Alien statue do you guys recommend I hunt?
Alien wise I have the following:
- AVP Diorama
- Legendary Alien Bust Exc (pre order)
- Legendary Big Chap Bust Exc (pre order)

Thanks

RP
The set of 4 sideshow pieces are very nice, and are a good size to go with the AVP dio and LSBs. I would start with a Warrior and Chap, but the Dog and Resurrection ones are good too.

Ahhhh cool... Have you got those?

.'. /_\ RP /_\ .'.
Yes, I have all 4 EXs, plus an extra regular Resurrection warrior. I love the set, but they are boxed up ready for a trade with another member plus some other pieces towards a Wolf LSF. We made the deal, just have not met up yet. I recommend getting any of the 4 you are able to.

Wow what a trade off that is... The Wolf LSF is EPIC in my opinion bud. I have mine coming ;)))) CANT WAIT!!!!!
Do you have any pics of the four you had before boxing away?

.'. /_\ RP /_\ .'.

Wow what a trade off that is... The Wolf LSF is EPIC in my opinion bud. I have mine coming ;)))) CANT WAIT!!!!!
Do you have any pics of the four you had before boxing away?

.'. /_\ RP /_\ .'.
Yea, I am giving up a lot, but getting a lot in return too. I am focusing more on the larger pieces and he wanted to focus more on smaller and easier to display pieces. I think he also mentioned his wife liked Aliens more too so that helps:lol

Hello everyone,

Do you think Sideshow will do a life size alien ? I am in the market for a life size alien, and there only seems to be two that were made / are being made. The HCG which I was debating, but I don't like the pose and then there's the mageefx one. However I heard the mageefx may have some cracking issues. The HCG one I was tempted by, since there's a few floating around for 4,500. I'm not sure if that's a good price, since it's below retail which is surprising considering they only made 100 in 2009? I do like that it's officially licensed and made from the same molds as the original alien? Which means more to me then a custom made interpretation of the alien design.

Anyway, should I pull the trigger on the HCG or wait for a sideshow version? Hopefully they will see some demand for a life size one if the legendary scale aliens sell well? I'm new to this higher end collector market. If the HGC is the best it's gonna get, then I'll go for it. However, I would hate for a newer, better version to come out and be stuck with one with a pose I'm not in love with.

Any suggestions? :)

Does anyone know if sideshow will release a new 1/5 predator statue?i was hoping for a city hunter because i cannot afford for the maquette.An ancient would be awesome too

Does anyone know if sideshow will release a new 1/5 predator statue?i was hoping for a city hunter because i cannot afford for the maquette.An ancient would be awesome too

There will not be any more 1/5, at least for a long time. They planned the 4 as a set like with the 4 Aliens they did, 1 for each movie. Your best bet for a reasonably priced P2 would be the diorama, Legendary scale bust, Hot Toys 1/6, or NECA 1/4 figure(the Maquette is poorly done anyway).

After avoiding the 1:5 Predator line for a while I ended up getting them all...
Would love to see more.
Easy to display and affordable. Can't justify $1,200, plus extras, on a 1:4 Statue.

Most people didn't like them but i was ok with the serie even though they had same paint issues.My favorite are Elder and Classic Predator.I will hope for a new one.I think they should do a 1/5 predator from the movie Predators.The 1\6 maquettes are not good especially Berserker.Why not a 1/5 Berserker like the Narin Studio pose.The set would be much better

1:5 Berserker would be an instant buy along with City Hunter.

The Classic was poorly made, ill fitting parts, and the Scar pose was awful but they all look cool.

I had at one time 3 out of the 4 1/5 ones, all EXs. They are good for the money, Elder is the best and the only one I still have for now. I even picked up an extra EX skull for him so they can flank him on both sides. Wolf was good, EX was ok, but not an EX or fail like Scar. Scar I don't like at all unless you have the Alien pieces which really makes a huge difference to the pose and overall quality of the piece. Same with the classic, EX really makes a big difference. I ended up selling both Wolf and Scar, and may sell the Elder too soon to focus on larger pieces.

Does anyone know where I can find a smaller scaled replica of the giger designed alien 3 statue?

image.jpg

I've only seen one example from a collector called cellar online but no other examples anywhere:

image.jpg

Hello everyone,

Do you think Sideshow will do a life size alien ? I am in the market for a life size alien, and there only seems to be two that were made / are being made. The HCG which I was debating, but I don't like the pose and then there's the mageefx one. However I heard the mageefx may have some cracking issues. The HCG one I was tempted by, since there's a few floating around for 4,500. I'm not sure if that's a good price, since it's below retail which is surprising considering they only made 100 in 2009? I do like that it's officially licensed and made from the same molds as the original alien? Which means more to me then a custom made interpretation of the alien design.

Anyway, should I pull the trigger on the HCG or wait for a sideshow version? Hopefully they will see some demand for a life size one if the legendary scale aliens sell well? I'm new to this higher end collector market. If the HGC is the best it's gonna get, then I'll go for it. However, I would hate for a newer, better version to come out and be stuck with one with a pose I'm not in love with.

Any suggestions? :)

I'm a pretty hard core alien collector as well, but I couldn't pull the trigger on the hcg because of the head. The mouth was botched so badly I couldn't convince myself enough that it was worth it. The head is the most iconic part-- the face, the mouth, that if I were to get a life sized figure, it'd have to be sculpted to perfection....even the legendary scale, with its problems has a better shape ...no horse mouth.

The smaller hcg bust supervised by giger was also better. Not we just need a life sized version.

Back