Alert Line AL100040 - 1/6 WWII German Red Cross Nurse

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Asta

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Alert Line DRK 1.jpg
Alert Line DRK 2.jpg
Alert Line DRK 3.jpg
Alert Line DRK 4.jpg
Alert Line DRK 5.jpg
Alert Line DRK 6.jpg
Alert Line DRK 7.jpg
Alert Line DRK 8.jpg
Alert Line DRK 9.jpg
Alert Line DRK 10.jpg
Alert Line DRK 11.jpg
Alert Line DRK 12.jpg

1. Head sculpture×1
2. Body×1
3. Hands× 4
4. Uniform cap×1
5. Uniform coat×1
6. Uniform skirtx1
7. Shirt×1
8. Overcoatx1
9. Pantyhose×1
10. Leather shoes×1
11. Leather medical bag×1
12. Nurse uniform×2
13. Nurse cap×1
14. Apron×1
15. Collar×2
16. Uniform cap badge×1
17. Nurse’s cap badge×1
18 . Armband×1
19. Armband×1
20. Neckline badge×1

I'm assuming this is part of their Unsere Mütter, unsere Väter (Generation War, 2013) series, which DiD are also doing, though the cap is different.

She's reminiscent of DML's version from the early days of the growth of 1/6. I think it was also Alert Line who remade DML's Red Army Traffic Controller, Anna, copying her short skirt in the process. This DRK nurse looks to be more historically accurate.

But three uniforms with only one pair of shoes and stockings?

unsere.jpg
unsere-muetter-unsere-vaeter-072752656.jpg

Wow! I really like this one.

Although not based on the same nurse, what immediately came to mind was the Belgian nurse Renee from the "Band of Brothers" episode "Bastogne".

She would make a great display with a custom medic Eugene Roe.

The outfit isn't exact but it may work.

roe and renee.jpg

Wow! I really like this one.

Although not based on the same nurse, what immediately came to mind was the Belgian nurse Renee from the "Band of Brothers" episode "Bastogne".

She would make a great display with a custom medic Eugene Roe.

The outfit isn't exact but it may work.

View attachment 599169

It's an interesting and unusual subject, and I can't remember another since Dragon's Elsa over twenty years ago.

Chances are probably zero, but the version I would really want, of course, would be the tropical uniform:

drk.jpg

I presume in North Africa they also wore the grey pleated blouse and skirt (which Alert Line have made as a dress) or the pinstripe ward dress worn by Helferin (assistants who weren't trained nurses), but it's difficult finding evidence.

So far all I've found are these images:

A DRK nurse saluting Luftwaffe Generalmajor Stefan Fröhlich in North Africa, 1941:

german nurse luftwaffe officer saluting north africa.jpg

DRK North Africa.jpg

A German hospital in Tunisia, 1943:

German hospital Tunisia 1943.jpg

In both cases the colour and style of the uniforms look different to the standard versions. :unsure:

The black cuffs of the colourized photo may be an error by the colourist.

The one thing Alert Line may have wrong is the white cap, which they look to have copied from Dragon's Elsa. Osprey's WWII German Women's Auxiliary Services doesn't describe a cap with the big red cross on it, but one with a band stitched along the front edge with red crosses alternating with 'RK', as in the photos from the mini series in the first post, and the three images in this one.

Another search and I started finding photos of the plain white cap with the single red cross on Alarmy:

Nurse with a wounded German soldier in an amusement park, Germany, 1941:

drk1.jpg

Nurse writing a letter for a German soldier with an arm injury, 1941:

drk2.jpg

giphy.gif

Alert Line have the jacket buttoned up the wrong way.

407675-Alert-Line-DRK-10.jpg

407698-drk.jpg

DRK1.jpeg

The collar should be also be dark grey, but they've gone with the colour used in the mini series:

DRK2.jpg

There doesn't appear to be enough buttons on the skirt either.

This may not be Alert Line's finest hour.

Back