Agonistes' collection

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Given the new display space, and having some more 1/6 on pre-order that I need to fit somewhere in the near future, I decided to use the space on top of the Detolfs for 1:6 as well. With the added height and so as not to be overshadowed by the Batmans on Gargoyles, I wanted some mini bases that highlight the figures some more.
I decided to go with the Predator and Gandalf. Funnily enough, I got all the items in garden and aquarium stores.
For Predator, I used real wood and plastic miniature plants that I decorated it with. Gandalf is simply an aquarium base.

IMG_8463_2_small.jpg

IMG_8467_2_small.jpg

IMG_8459_5_small.jpg

IMG_8422_2_small.jpg

IMG_8518_2_small.jpg

IMG_8525_2_small.jpg

Amazing, which brand is that Alien figure come from? looks amazing.
Thanks!
The Alien is Kotobukiya. It's really a beautiful statue, and I think the best representation in figure form outside of extremely high end versions like Prime 1!
On a sidenote, while my wife fully supports my collection, she doesn't want to have it in the living room. But this statue is one of those rare exceptions that she really likes and wouldn't mind on display in the living room (which I actually did before we moved).

I finally got around to installing lights on top of the Detolfs, so the figures on top are no longer in shadows.
I used a combination of cool white and warm white IKEA dioders (which is simply what I had on hand from years ago), which I think adds some nice variation.

Next step is to figure out how to light the 1:12 figures to the right of the room.

IMG_9444_2_small.jpg

IMG_9466_3_small.jpg

IMG_9399_2_small.jpg

IMG_9411_3_small.jpg

IMG_9426_2_small.jpg

IMG_9435_3_small.jpg

IMG_9436_2_small.jpg

After receiving a new sculpt a few months ago, it was time to completely overhaul my custom NOES 3: Dream Warriors Freddy Krueger.
Really happy with how he turned out! Now he's up to my standards again and fits the rest of my collection.

Recipe:
  • sculpt: IrettansStudio), slightly repainted
  • hat: SS Freddy, modified to fit the sculpt
  • body: VTS with HT slim arms, and heavily modified neck to fit sculpt
  • glove: original SS dream warriors Freddy, resculpted, metal blades added, and weathered
  • hand: HT MJ Thriller, scars added & repainted
  • sweater: custom by TerminatorFanGame, weathered and repainted
  • pants: ebay, resewed and weathered
  • shoes: ebay

IMG_9860_2_small.jpg

IMG_9851_2_small.jpg

IMG_9833_3_small.jpg

IMG_9868_3_small.jpg

IMG_9887_2_small.jpg

IMG_9881_4_small.jpg

I also never posted the shots of my InArt Joker in here, which I received last month:
IMG_9794_2_small.jpg

IMG_9798_2_small.jpg

IMG_9799_2_small.jpg

IMG_9729_2_small.jpg

IMG_9728_2_small.jpg

And finally a sneak peek of my custom ESB Fett that I worked on in december. He's about 95% now. I'm still trying to get a new legacy helmet, so I haven't taken final pictures for the "big reveal" yet until he's really finished.
IMG_9623_small.jpg

IMG_9599_2_small.jpg

IMG_9613_2_small.jpg

IMG_9602_2_small.jpg

My local shop where I pre-ordered this (26 months ago :horror) finally got him in, so I finally received my Sonar Bats last week!

Overall I'm super happy with him! He definitely has that man in a suit vibe, and I love the color finish of the suit that changes depending on the lighting. He's more silver/black under the Detolf lights, and more silver/blue during daylight. This is also the first HT cape I don't feel the need to replace as it drapes really well.

And while this is definitely a museum pose type of figure for me, I still like how subtle changes to his pose gives him some attitude.
It's been a great year for DC figures in my collection so far with this and InArt Joker.

IMG_9929_2_small.jpg

IMG_9906_2_small.jpg

IMG_9923_2_small.jpg

IMG_9941_2_small.jpg

IMG_9910_2_small.jpg

Time for a big collection update again.

My collection and character choice is predominantly based on nostalgia. And that nostalgia is not only based on the movies I used to watch on repeat, but also based on the toys I had.
Since I recently got most of my old childhood toys out of storage from my parents' attic to sell it all off, I thought it would be fun to display my figures with their childhood counterpart for a while.
My collecting life (i.e. my entire life, as there was never a period in my life where I didn't buy toys) is basically built around constantly upgrading the same characters. The focus just became more and more narrow over time as I moved to 1:6 and customs.

Some fun facts:
  • Nicholson Joker is the oldest toy here. I must have got him when I was around 3-4 years old.
  • Gandalf and the Ringwraith are the only 1:6 figures I don't have an earlier version of. At the time of LOTR release, I was already into McFarlane, and the Toybiz versions just didn't cut it back then.
  • Agonistes (the 6" tortured souls figure next to the Alien) is the only figure that I'm still displaying from my childhood/teenage time. Everything else is from after I transitioned to 1:6, which I see as the large cut in my collecting life, as it coincided when I started college.

IMG_0188_small.jpg

IMG_0181_2_small.jpg

IMG_0198_2_small.jpg

IMG_0074_2_small.jpg

IMG_0072_2_small.jpg

IMG_0070_3_small.jpg

IMG_0076_2_small.jpg

IMG_0083_3_small.jpg

IMG_0097_2_small.jpg

IMG_0089_2_small.jpg

IMG_0085_2_small.jpg

IMG_0112_3_small.jpg

IMG_0104_2_small2.jpg

IMG_0203_2_small.jpg

IMG_0100_2_small.jpg

IMG_0183_2_small.jpg

IMG_0120_2_small.jpg

IMG_0122_2_small.jpg

IMG_0125_small.jpg

IMG_0127_2_small.jpg

Last edited:
Time for a big collection update again.

My collection and character choice is predominantly based on nostalgia. And that nostalgia is not only based on the movies I used to watch on repeat, but also based on the toys I had.
Since I recently got most of my old childhood toys out of storage from my parents' attic to sell it all off, I thought it would be fun to display my figures with their childhood counterpart for a while.
My collecting life (i.e. my entire life, as there was never a period in my life where I didn't buy toys) is basically built around constantly upgrading the same characters. The focus just became more and more narrow over time as I moved to 1:6 and customs.

Some fun facts:
  • Nicholson Joker is the oldest toy here. I must have got him when I was around 3-4 years old.
  • Gandalf and the Ringwraith are the only 1:6 figures I don't have an earlier version of. At the time of LOTR release, I was already into McFarlane, and the Toybiz versions just didn't cut it back then.
  • Agonistes (the 6" tortured souls figure next to the Alien) is the only figure that I'm still displaying from my childhood/teenage time. Everything else is from after I transitioned to 1:6, which I see as the large cut in my collecting life, as it coincided when I started college.

View attachment 661862

View attachment 661864

View attachment 661865

View attachment 661867

View attachment 661868

View attachment 661869

View attachment 661870

View attachment 661871

View attachment 661872

View attachment 661874

View attachment 661875

View attachment 661876