Action Force 1:12 scale figures by Valaverse

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"The price of liberty is always eternal vigilance."
Sgt. Slaughter from Series 2A. Love it!!

Attachments

• IMG_1107(1).jpg
    IMG_1107(1).jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_1112.jpg
    IMG_1112.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_1113.jpg
    IMG_1113.jpg
    300.3 KB · Views: 20
My Steel Brigade Trooper unmasked, code name: Warlock.
Action Force Steel Brigade Unmasked 001.jpg

The Marvel Legends Heads sometimes fit perfectly on Action Force necks, like the Winter Soldier here.
Sorry about the blurry pic, my phone camera sucks at macro shots.

The email they sent last Feb(?) said it was stuck at the port but I think it should've been released by now.

So is BBTS or valaverse.com actually getting restock on series 1 or has their sites just not updated? I am in the market for a swarm trooper and pack.

BBTS still has their Series 1 delayed. It's still stuck in the container yard in Cali. waiting for space on a train, they will notify people who still have orders when they're on the train.
That said, I noticed all of series 1 was delisted as sold out, that was probably done to stop people from emailing them about availability and to dissuade people from canceling their pre-orders. There should be stock available to buy from series 1 like the declassified set, but it's not available, which is why I think they will have stock once all the preorders are sent out.

Most importantly, Valaverse has officially stated more of series 1 Swarm Trooper, Swarm Gear pack and Steel Brigade will be produced and available from Valaverse or Dorkside Toys around sometime in Summer (I excluded BBTS because who knows when they'll get them in), most likely the end of Summer. The second production run will have slight improvements to the plastic like V2 Sgt. Slaughter from Series 2 so more reliable than the first series releases.
They also said others from Series 1 might be reproduced, but nothing else has been confirmed.

Ugh. Such a cluster on all levels.
Might just cancel them all. Really wanted the Gung Ho kit, but now is the point moot?

BBTS still has their Series 1 delayed. It's still stuck in the container yard in Cali. waiting for space on a train, they will notify people who still have orders when they're on the train.
That said, I noticed all of series 1 was delisted as sold out, that was probably done to stop people from emailing them about availability and to dissuade people from canceling their pre-orders. There should be stock available to buy from series 1 like the declassified set, but it's not available, which is why I think they will have stock once all the preorders are sent out.

Most importantly, Valaverse has officially stated more of series 1 Swarm Trooper, Swarm Gear pack and Steel Brigade will be produced and available from Valaverse or Dorkside Toys around sometime in Summer (I excluded BBTS because who knows when they'll get them in), most likely the end of Summer. The second production run will have slight improvements to the plastic like V2 Sgt. Slaughter from Series 2 so more reliable than the first series releases.
They also said others from Series 1 might be reproduced, but nothing else has been confirmed.

They're not really delisted, their preorder allotments are sold out. They've been that way for a while now.

I've been checking BBTS multiple times a day since I was hoping various figures from Series 1 would become available to order starting in February. So I've been able to monitor the Valaverse Series 1 stock situation for months.
The Declassified set was always available until all of S1 was marked as sold out on the same day a couple months back. I doubt hundreds of declassified sets were bought all at once especially after the retro Gung-Ho Classified figure was announced.
I've also not seen a single figure from V1 with the exception of the exclusive Botcon Wasp Raider (A figure not in their allotment) become available for order again since they were all marked sold out on that day. This is unusual since I've seen a lot of people say they've canceled their orders after that day and those canceled figures should immediately be listed available. Before you would often see figures that were sold out pop up as available after people had canceled a figure in their order. I've personally seen a Series 1 figure I had to cancel pop up as available immediately after, before the whole wave was sold out. I also had to cancel a Series 1 figure after the sold out day which was never relisted as available.
That makes me think they've stopped Series 1 stock from being listed on their website. I can only speculate as to why, but the stock on Series 1 is completely inactive.
When they finally do get Series 1 in, I think the stock will be reactivated and you'll see some figures become available again. They must have ordered a few extras meant for replacements for defective product that might become available as well as all of the canceled orders. Wait until they get Series 1 in and you'll start to see figures from Series 1 became available again. I'll post about it here when they do,

Just ordered the female Steel Brigade through Valaverse.
Funny thing is I’ll receive her before I ever get the original version.

Last edited:
Yeah I would like to order a bunch of series 3, but it'll have to wait since Valaverse charges you immediately.
I like the AF females for the most part, just those hips are a little too narrow. If it was just the one or two characters then it would be fine since there are women with hips that narrow, but over 3 characters and three troop builders and probably a few more female characters in the future, it's a bit much.
I would've liked some hip holsters & pouch options that could hide the same narrow hips, got a feeling we'll se some options coming up at Joe Fest in a gear pack.

I like the female soldiers as well, my fave is Eclipse, but I like the Delta trooper also. I'd imagine that they will eventually make tac vests and other gear for them like they do for the males. What I'd really like is a head pack of males and females for customizing.

I ordered Weapons Pack Charlie off of Valaverse today because it was in stock.
Subsequently, I have cancelled my pre-orders for Weapons Pack Bravo and Kerak from BBTS that have been ordered for over a year now. I am keeping regular Steel Brigade and Weapons Pack Alpha pre-orders from BBTS.
Considering the rising costs of everything these days, I have decided to just collect the GIJOE Classified Series figures going forward. And out of that, I’m only getting the figures I really want because of inflation and plastic-free products of the future.
Regarding Action Force, I will continue to get weapons packs, accessories and highly rumored vehicles if they can fit with Classified.
Also, I have an Ultimate BAT coming from Super7. That will be my one and only figure from that company.
I also have a Mezco Destro coming as well. I got him because he’s my favorite character. For the $100 price point, I may pick up some future figures if they’re one of my top favorites and look excellent (Beachhead, Zartan and General Hawk to name a few).
Action Force is a great line don’t get me wrong but I just can’t keep up anymore (price wise and space wise).

With the price of Kamakura, a basic figure coming in at $34. I can understand where you're coming from. I've canceled the Joe figures from Super 7 too, just too expensive for what you get.
And I've doubled down on Valaverse after getting Desert Rat and ordering a set of Green Shirts with gear from Valaverse after watching this review:

Some of the same gear that comes on Tim Kennedy and Desert Rat and it looks very accurate to a SOF loadout. The only issue I have is the lack of magazine pouches around the figure (often soldiers carried about 8-10 mags on themselves) even with the limited 1 mag per pouch I would like to see more mag pouches, and the helmet doesn't look quite right without the chin strap system. I have two more sets on order with BBTS along with one additional gear set. I think I want at least 5, Ideally I want 10 so I can outfit different loadouts.

Some interesting reveals here:

MMA fighter Danielle Kelly is getting a figure releasing later this year as a part of series 3.
Sand and Blue BDU Female Troop builders.
Female Gear packs are coming.
Expression Heads for the females are coming.
A Pandora Bloody Variant will be exclusive to the Valaverse website.

Special Deployment Series (SDS):
Rereleases of Steel Brigade, Swarm Trooper & Swarm Gear pack in the wave. Available in October/November.
Also in the Special Deployment Series:
Blowback
Swam Sentry (gold & black Swarm Trooper variant)
Steel Brigade Heavy Weapons Gear Pack (includes new color head variant for the SB figure)
Infantry Commando (Dorkside Exclusive pictured in the post above).
More reissues of series 1 in the SDS releasing in January of 2023; Condor, Kerak, and Bone Collector confirmed. Every regular figure in Series 1 will get a rerelease. Possible rereleases for the trooper & gear sets.

More weapon packs coming. A modernized scoped Winchester rifle, AK (74?), a tricked out M4, handguns with their slides back (D-Eagle, M1911, Glock, Maxim 9), a Glock with spare mag mounted underneath, a Tapanga Machete. FN EVOLYS machine gun, M82 Barret .50 anti-material rifle, handheld Minigun with Drum & Feed Chute. Also new blast effects and smoke effect.

Director on the Action Force Movie is Scott Waugh. 3 movies planned.

Series 4 & 5 will be Divers and "HALO jumpers" or Paratroopers.

Last edited:
Got Weapons Pack Charlie today to help complete Destro's MARS HQ. Pretty solid set.

Attachments

• IMG_1181.jpg
    IMG_1181.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1182.jpg
    IMG_1182.jpg
    267.4 KB · Views: 0
Back