ACI Toys: Ringwraith Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It’s pretty foolproof all around! Unlike the Asmus one it doesn’t take much to get it to look great.Basically you just have to trip away some of the excess fabric on the robes specifically around the hood. And I know there’s two one has another sword or something and different knee armor.

It’s a hell of a figure, I totally love it and highly reccomend it (and I’m a picky as hell bastard)

OK thanks.
But really: articulations are stiff and nice? belts and sheaths sturdy enough? Futzing? Water treatment?

And what would be the pattern to cut the robe correctly?

Anybody else anything else?

Thanks,
m.

OK thanks.
But really: articulations are stiff and nice? belts and sheaths sturdy enough? Futzing? Water treatment?

And what would be the pattern to cut the robe correctly?

Anybody else anything else?

Thanks,
m.

Articulations are decent but the armor is very very heavy. I broke a foot ball joint on mine just moving him up and down Asmus horse, and had to replace the whole body (ball joints are one piece with legs). As I now display him with my custom robe (down to the ground) I removed the full leg armor.
Belts and sheats are fine, although inaccurate. You don't need to futz him too much or water treat as the fabric works nicely by itself. Cutting the robe correctly=just remove the torn edges.

Thanks a lot man.
Anybody anything else?
Regards,
m.

Articulations are decent but the armor is very very heavy. I broke a foot ball joint on mine just moving him up and down Asmus horse, and had to replace the whole body (ball joints are one piece with legs). As I now display him with my custom robe (down to the ground) I removed the full leg armor.
Belts and sheats are fine, although inaccurate. You don't need to futz him too much or water treat as the fabric works nicely by itself. Cutting the robe correctly=just remove the torn edges.

Got a pair of this off eBay for a really good price. The elbow joints seems really tight and I am scared to bend them too much. Trying to get one into holding the sword with two hands.

Hey everyone, I finally got my brand new ACI nazgul from China (at a very reasonable price, should have bought the second one they had too) and I absolutely love it, I have the Asmus witchking and nazgul with steed and I love them too, but this ACI figure is serious quality. That being said, the right leg has disconnected at the knee from the rest of the body probably on route and I can tell that the legs are not stiff enough to hold the weight of the figure. Whether or not I can reconnect the knee and it be OK is yet to be determined (I don't dare take the pieces off yet).

Can anyone suggest an alternative body for me to replace the original with? also any tips on when I move all the pieces to that body?

Is this closer to ACI or Asmus scale?
No idea. I've never owned either so I have no idea what difference there might be in the size for Asmus vs ACI. Just going off looks though, this looks more like a KO of the ACI than the Asmus figure. Either way, if you're missing a Ringwraith in the collection, this is an affordable alternative to the official ones by the looks.

I own both ACI and Asmus’ but I cannot remember how different the scale is. I have them displayed together but they are on a high shelf with one in front of the other so any scale difference is minimized.

Asmus have confirmed they will be rereleasing the Ringwraith on Steed! I believe it’s a total upgrade from the first one too. Hold fire people!
Hi guys,

Does anyone have more information about the rereleasing of the Asmus Ringwraith? I ask you for this because I missed the chance to get this figure in the past, and now I have several doubts. If it's truth that Asmus is going to make a new and upgraded Ringwraith figure in the following months, I would wait for it, of course.

But if that isn't confirmed or has been planned for the long term, I'll get this Ringwraith from SYYTOYS since it will come with metal armour in feet and legs, besides the three die cast swords (and it's quite cheap, I should say)

What do you think about it? I would appreciate any advice :)

Last edited:
Yeah I was considering that knockoff figure earlier, but was worried it might end up being undersized or something. I do like that the robes appear to be softer and drape a lot better than the old Asmus version though.

Guess it can't hurt to wait for some in hand reviews before ordering.

Wait
Hi guys,

Does anyone have more information about the rereleasing of the Asmus Ringwraith? I ask you for this because I missed the chance to get this figure in the past, and now I have several doubts. If it's truth that Asmus is going to make a new and upgraded Ringwraith figure in the following months, I would wait for it, of course.

But if that isn't confirmed or has been planned for the long term, I'll get this Ringwraith from SYYTOYS since it will come with metal armour in feet and legs, besides the three die cast swords (and it's quite cheap, I should say)

What do you think about it? I would appreciate any advice :)
Yes, we are proceeding the new version of Ringwraith indeed.
Keep your budget and don't buy the knockoff !! (This is my personal opinion not represented Asmus Official ;))

Wait

Keep your budget and don't buy the knockoff !! (This is my personal opinion not represented Asmus Official ;))
I'm delighted to hear these news, I'll wait in that case. Thanks for the information! 😄

Wait

Will do! Great to hear about the steed as well. I have the first release but seeing how Hess will be updated and I do not already have 9 on my shelf I will definitely be buying a 2.0 version.

Back