Premium Format Aayla Secura Broken Saber - can any freak help?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DRTHV8R

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Help me Freaks, you are my only hope!

Corny intro I know, but in all seriousness it’s you guys and girls that are likely the only ones that CAN help me.

After displaying my Sideshow Collectibles Aayla Secura Premium Format figure (#215/500) since its original release and loving every minute of it, I had to pack up all my Star Wars and move (Divorce :-( ). After trying to carefully get her connected up to show off that awesome saber, I stupidly fractured the internal part of the Saber (two cracks can be seen near the center) by misjudging the clearance to the wall when rotating her into position. Can’t believe I did that and feel terrible about myself for doing so.

I checked the Aayla Secura thread and since there has been no activity for several years, I thought starting a new thread might be the only way to get the attention I am hoping for.

I am hoping that some freak out there has a working replacement arm they would be willing to sell to me, or knows how it may be possible to fix/replace just the saber rod? I am so sad right now and can’t bring myself to display it knowing the Saber is broken.

If anyone can help, it would mean so much to me. Thank you all.

I did try a Sideshow and the rep there said they dispose of any replacement parts after 6 months of production stopping. I thought they used to hold parts longer in the past, so maybe this is something new. Based on feedback so far it seems Pixel may be my best hope. Still open to other ideas if anyone has them.

Last edited:
I did try a Sideshow and the rep there said they dispose of any replacement parts after 6 months of production stopping. I thought they used to hold parts longer in the past, so maybe this is something new. Based on feedback so far it seems Pixel may be my best hope. Still open to other ideas if anyone has them.

That's so stupid to toss parts, typical sideshow.

That's so stupid to toss parts, typical sideshow.

It would be stupid to have parts taking up valuable warehouse space years after a statue has been sold out on the off chance someone will after 10 years want a replacement. Think of the thousands of product sideshow handles over the years and the amount of space they need.

It would be stupid to have parts taking up valuable warehouse space years after a statue has been sold out on the off chance someone will after 10 years want a replacement. Think of the thousands of product sideshow handles over the years and the amount of space they need.

No, you don't get it, it's stupid for them to throw away valuable parts they could sell. Even if they just sold them in bulk to a reseller or repair guy it would be better than tossing perfectly good parts.

Unfortunately it seems Pixel is off-grid. No response to email. I will keep on trying to find other options. Thanks though for all that tried to help here.

Unfortunately it seems Pixel is off-grid. No response to email. I will keep on trying to find other options. Thanks though for all that tried to help here.
Did you find a fix for your saber? I'm having the same issue with a Darth Vader SS. I bought it used and the CCFL tube inside is broken in two places. It is the saber that plugs in like an audio jack. I know a new light tube can be purchased on Amazon, but didn't know if you found a fix.

Last edited:
Hi. I did get my Aayla fixed, but I had to ship the whole arm/broken saber still attached to the philippines if I recall. It was some time back now. They fixed it with a new tube and returned the arm/saber assembled so I just had to plug it in.

Did you find a fix for your saber? I'm having the same issue with a Darth Vader SS. I bought it used and the CCFL tube inside is broken in two places. It is the saber that plugs in like an audio jack. I know a new light tube can be purchased on Amazon, but didn't know if you found a fix.
Likewise, anyone find a fix out there? SS is a waste in asking. They should sell a "blank" solid saber for display and keep the real one in a box safe...

Back