A98TOYS A001 1/6 “Mr Dowson” / Titanic Jack Dawson

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nagoya

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Attachments

• IMG_2880.jpg
    IMG_2880.jpg
    231.5 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_2883.jpg
    IMG_2883.jpg
    511.7 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2881.jpg
    IMG_2881.jpg
    582 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2882.jpg
    IMG_2882.jpg
    179.7 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2884.jpg
    IMG_2884.jpg
    181.4 KB · Views: 0
Saw it on Facebook a couple weeks ago. Kind of a plain looking figure but I guess it’s from a popular movie and Leo is a popular actor.

Has someone already made a figure of his more recognizable ''gutter rat'' look from the movie? The slicked back hair is pretty boring.

“Blackbox” and “Chong Toys” have each taken a stab at him before with the more classic look. Say what you will about the sculpts:

IMG_3485.jpg
IMG_3486.jpeg

So many jacks. No Rose

It’s more difficult to nail female sculpts.

Also, I’m guessing the 1/6 demographic is 99% male so there might not be much of a market for Rose.

Personally, I want Rose to complete the Titanic duo.

It’s more difficult to nail female sculpts.

Also, I’m guessing the 1/6 demographic is 99% male so there might not be much of a market for Rose.

Personally, I want Rose to complete the Titanic duo.
There are plenty female figures on the market and most sell to the male demographic for their sex appeal.

Jack Dawson isn’t some sort of action hero, which 99% of 1/6 figures are. He’s just a protagonist from a romance movie. The fact that they keep making Jacks and he actually sells, already proves Rose would sell just as well. There’s a lot of people who love this movie.

I just think they don’t tackle Rose becauae of how detailed her dresses are. They would be hard to produce. And she would need a seamless body which are expensive.

A figure of Jack is utterly pointless without Rose. Unfortunately the companies best equipped to make characters from a movie like this wouldn't touch it with an 882foot pole.

Back