a-dev's - The Hot Chicks Movie/TV Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't personally find it offensive, it's actually a really nicely sculpted statue of a very long existing character. The throne, sculpted soft goods, and side arm are all exquisitely done. It's a tough sell as "art" to a lot of folks though, my gf likely included :lol

I suppose it's one thing to see a scantily clad model in an advertisement for fashion or booze but another to see it in the form of an expensive 3D sculpted statue in your house.

My girlfriend loves boobs so she'd dig it but I suspect she's a bit of an outlier. :lol

Yes I suppose that's true, but the statue at that booth tour I was reminded of DID feel out of place - sort like if you found one of your scantily clad sunbathers on the lawn of your church when you filed out after Sunday service. :lol

I don't go to church. :yess:

Actually it's legal for women to be topless here. Not common, but legal and not unheard of. I hang out with some very uninhibited people too so I guess I'm desensitized. :lol

I don't go to church. :yess:
Neither do I! :hi5:

I'm pretty sure I'll spontaneously combust if required to set foot in a church again. :lol

Actually it's legal for women to be topless here. Not common, but legal and not unheard of. I hang out with some very uninhibited people too so I guess I'm desensitized. :lol

Yeah I'm not offended by it in the least, but knowing what my adult daughter would think of such a pop culture "collectible" it wasn't difficult to imagine what was going through Ms. Chase's mind as she described it. :lol

Neither do I! :hi5:

I'm pretty sure I'll spontaneously combust if required to set foot in a church again. :lol

Yeah I'm not offended by it in the least, but knowing what my adult daughter would think of such a pop culture "collectible" it wasn't difficult to imagine what was going through Ms. Chase's mind as she described it. :lol

I get it. Context is everything and depending on your audience this can veer into dirty-old-man-territory. :lol

I was born in 1989, so grew up on a lot of 80s and 90s movies. In addition to the many amazing movies I watched growing up (Indiana Jones, Star Wars, Jaws, anything Disney, Back to the Future, Jurassic Park etc.), my Dad also brought me up on a lot of movies from the Golden Age of Hollywood. I developed huge crushes on many actresses from the 30s, 40s, and 50s.

Particular mentions should go to;

Katharine Hepburn in "Bringing Up Baby" (1938) - one of my favourite films to this day;

hepburn.jpg

Ava Gardner in "The Killers" (1946);

ava.JPG

Rita Hayworth in "Gilda" (1946);

hayworth.jpg

and Grace Kelly in "Rear Window" (1954);

kelly.jpg

Particular favorite of mine from days long gone. Beautiful, elegant and a great voice.

Absolutely. She's incredibly beautiful.

Moving to slightly more contemporary times, I also found Adrienne Barbeau in "Escape from New York" to be very attractive... can't imagine why though;

escape1.jpg

escape2.jpg

She also has a sexy voice. A voice that she lent to Catwoman/Selina Kyle in "Batman: The Animated Series" in the 90s!

Back