3D printing and airbrush projects - X-Wing, Rebel Blockade Runner

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kamandi

Super Freak
Reaction score
My current build - The USS Enterprise!

I printed this on an Anycubic Photon Mono X. The model is just under 28" long. This is an assembly of 3D printed parts over a steel frame. The stl data is from Merlin Models.

This is a work in progress. I still have some painting to do on the underside and a bit of overall blending/filth/weathering. The engines are lit with LEDs. The cockpit is not lit since it was not lit the first movie. I'll probably put the Playboy centerfold in there at some point. All paint is airbrushed ArchiveX enamel.

Pardon the clutter in the background. I'm painting it in my messy storage room where I keep my paint area.

dlQryWz.jpg

u677dJH.jpg

uvbZB4r.jpg

dhi4bPW.jpg

dhi4bPW.jpg

cJslwNa.jpg

NaiiaIS.jpg

SVDruk4.jpg

1xCOiZ6.jpg

98sGluB.jpg

GFzd7rb.jpg

Last edited:
Incredible work! I love Star Trek!:banana
Seriously though, this is one of my grail ships that I would love to tackle in the future. The teeny Bandai kit just doesn't quite cut it.
Jealous of the ArchiveX too.

Another personal build. I just started printed X-Wing bits over the weekend:

bK6Cpj2.jpg

chzDrIN.jpg

87C8tux.jpg

While I'm sharing recent works these are projects from the last year

Perfect Grade Bandai Millennium Falcon
VVFqUpO.jpg

4f6xgiQ.jpg

tlSiRMu.jpg

sTCk6Si.jpg

mMe2BLF.jpg

e1YyLj5.jpg

L4AmGy6.jpg

eWcS6jO.jpg

dS4yQwY.jpg

Awesome work! Great painting skills, how long have you been into models?
The Bandai models pulled me back into building kits. Then last year I picked up a SLA 3D printer. That really opened things up. There's a ton of great stuff out there to print and build that isn't available to the pre-built collector's market. It was time to start building again.

I have a backlog of cool sh-t I've printed. The painting hasn't quite caught up.

6QgpViM.jpg

IBjjzEC.jpg

B7gjIZy.jpg

qzTcqV9.jpg

EYi4oO0.jpg

More Work on the X-Wing. I hope to have everything buttoned up and ready for a base coat tomorrow.

Aydvsi7.jpg

UcbHFoM.jpg

Nice @Kamandi! Do you create the models your self or download/buy data sets online? Your models look really good, would like to get a printer in the future and do something similar!
I've done some hard surface modeling in Blender but I'm really only fair at it. Everything I've printed so far is downloaded/purchased. Gambody, Myminifactory and CGTrader are really good sources.

I've set my X-Wing to the side briefly because I'm torn between painting it to match Red 3 (Biggs) or Red 4 to participate in the ArchiveX group build on FB.

In the meantime there was a sale on the TIE Bomber mesh I've wanted. So now I have this. I'm doing a dry test fit here, minus a few smaller bits that need glue.

SR5m7ou.jpg

3dZAo1a.jpg

RLBJGAz.jpg

d8qL2sN.jpg

I finally found some some LEDs that work without heat or ugly hot spots. These are COB LEDs and there's no ugly gaps. They are brighter than f too!

I'm have a bit of light blocking to do, you'll see a few light leaks. That's easily fixed with a bit of black gaffer's tape here and there on the inside.

vWq0zWQ.jpg

i0sRmnp.jpg

jPcTfx3.jpg

FOTsB5L.jpg

GNn5O7N.jpg

Back