3.75" Collecting Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Easily one of the nicest Vader sculpts Hasbro has done in any scale

GoCRHMh.jpg
Received him yesterday and I concur, beautifully and well executed figure. Sculpt and articulation are incredible. Could only be improved with the provision of a plastic cape as an alternate.

Though ironically I receive him after I've started putting away more of my 3.75'' stuff in an attempt to declutter and make my collection look more 'adult'. I ended up not boxing away quite as much as I originally intended on this round but it may be inevitable that my displayed SW collection gets reduced to some absolute basics.

Though ironically I receive him after I've started putting away more of my 3.75'' stuff in an attempt to declutter and make my collection look more 'adult'. I ended up not boxing away quite as much as I originally intended on this round but it may be inevitable that my displayed SW collection gets reduced to some absolute basics.
I find it hard to make the 3.75 and even 6 inch figures look nice in an adult display. They always look really cheap compared to 1/6 scale figures. However, I do think that displaying a few at a time and not cluttering the shelf with all the figures helps a lot. Recently, I have moved towards only displaying 10 to 12 figures at a time. I just rotate them out every now and then based on different themes. I have the black series 40th anniversary Vader set and use the backdrop from that. While it is supposedly scaled for 6 inch figures, I think it works even better as a backdrop for the 3.75 scale as the smaller figures are less crowded on the stands. When I have the figures displayed like that, I think they hold their own with my hot toys collection.
52CF6FFF-6D60-497D-BFB1-AAF0AE7C3BF6.jpeg

Last edited:
Received him yesterday and I concur, beautifully and well executed figure. Sculpt and articulation are incredible. Could only be improved with the provision of a plastic cape as an alternate.

I'm just here waiting for the next terrific vehicle Hasbro makes :tap

The vehicles are what elevate the figures to a level that is display worthy. Clearly Hasbro has not accepted their customer feedback from their failed Haslab projects as they have just released the "firespray".

Hasbro's partnership with Lucasfilm is literally the blind leading the blind.

the vehicles do elevate the figures! I have the smuggler's run millenium falcon and it makes for such a nice display. The paintwork on the exterior of that ship is so much better than any other hasbro vehicle i have owned. Only problem is that it is HUGE. Requires a desk to display. Because of the space required, I try to be really careful about adding new vehicles to my collection so i skipped the razor crest and sail barge. I bet they are awesome as well.

I find it hard to make the 3.75 and even 6 inch figures look nice in an adult display. They always look really cheap compared to 1/6 scale figures. However, I do think that displaying a few at a time and not cluttering the shelf with all the figures helps a lot.

It doesn't seem so long ago in this very thread when I was arguing one of the merits of the 3.75'' line over the 6'' being the depth of the line and all the obscure characters that would take 20 more years to hit Black Series if ever. And related to that the greater diorama potential of 3.75''.

But now I seem to have had a major shift in priorities. I now have little to no interest in dioramas due to space requirements and I think a shelf that's packed front to back and left to right with little figures just doesn't look good. Packed shelves with figures of any size doesn't look good for that matter - there's some really ugly Hot Toys collections like this.

And by the way, I don't yet live up to these new standards of mine. I'm working on the SW collection now but truth be told my NECA collection might need similar reduction.

Recently, I have moved towards only displaying 10 to 12 figures at a time. I just rotate them out every now and then based on different themes. I have the black series 40th anniversary Vader set and use the backdrop from that. While it is supposedly scaled for 6 inch figures, I think it works even better as a backdrop for the 3.75 scale as the smaller figures are less crowded on the stands. When I have the figures displayed like that, I think they hold their own with my hot toys collection.View attachment 593978

Rotation is an idea although part of my problem is I already have so much stuff packed away in boxes. Desperately need to start getting rid of stuff for good, one way or another. Endless procrastination :gah:

Last edited:
That Jabba's Palace diorama might have been an exception to the dioramaless direction I'm heading but by making it seemingly so difficult for me to collect their most impressive releases except through the aftermarket, they make it easy for me to say ''y'know what, **** 'em''.

4 months ago I gifted out approximately $10k in BS/ML/DS/SHFA/Amazing Yama/NECA 7” and 1/4 scale/Koto/Enterbay and never looked back. I didn’t charge 1 cent.

Less is definitely more and easier to dust lol

For 6” and 7” I now only own 13 figures

1 DS Colossus
1 DS Hulk
1 DS Watcher
1 ML Thor (2011 SDCC Exc)
1 ML Doom
2 BS Hoth Luke
1 BS Xwing Luke
1 BS Dak
1 SHFA C3PO
1 SHFA R2D2
1 Mafex ESB Boba Fett
1 DS Boba Fett

My only 3.75 is a Boba Fett and Luke.

My only Hasbro vehicles are:

Ywing
XWing
Slave 1
Snow Speeder

That’s it!

Less clutter = More room for Hot Toys and Prime 1 lol

Right now as far as vehicles I've still got on display

Millenium Falcon
X-wing
A-Wing
Y-Wing
Snowspeeder
TIE Fighter
TIE Bomber
TIE Interceptor
Slave 1
Cloud Car
Desert Skiff
Landspeeder

If I was really brutal I'd shave that down to just the Falcon, an X-Wing and a TIE...maybe Slave 1 because of the way that displays on its stand. It hardly gets more representative of Star Wars than those. The main thing stopping me is that to box away all that other stuff will mean more stacks of boxes in the attic making everything even harder to access than it already is. I need to be able to access the stuff that's up there that I'm planning to get rid of.

Right now as far as vehicles I've still got on display

Millenium Falcon
X-wing
A-Wing
Y-Wing
Snowspeeder
TIE Fighter
TIE Bomber
TIE Interceptor
Slave 1
Cloud Car
Desert Skiff
Landspeeder

If I was really brutal I'd shave that down to just the Falcon, an X-Wing and a TIE...maybe Slave 1 because of the way that displays on its stand. It hardly gets more representative of Star Wars than those. The main thing stopping me is that to box away all that other stuff will mean more stacks of boxes in the attic making everything even harder to access than it already is. I need to be able to access the stuff that's up there that I'm planning to get rid of.
The attic is no joke when I moved my attic kicked my ass lol

If ones goal is to “adult” their collection than downsizing of their “little stuff” is very necessary.

But whatever you do never get rid of that Falcon, never!

I will never get rid of my SW vehicles and one day I would love to add that Falcon into my collection.

The attic is no joke when I moved my attic kicked my ass lol

If ones goal is to “adult” their collection than downsizing of their “little stuff” is very necessary.

But whatever you do never get rid of that Falcon, never!

I will never get rid of my SW vehicles and one day I would love to add that Falcon into my collection.
I was surprised not to see it on your list. The Smuggler's Run Falcon is the closest hasbro have come to high-end with a paintjob I've ever seen. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure a customizer would do it better still but I'm happy with it.

I put away the AT-AT because of its complete lack of a paintjob in comparison. Though I suspect they'll revisit it one day.

I was surprised not to see it on your list. The Smuggler's Run Falcon is the closest hasbro have come to high-end with a paintjob I've ever seen. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure a customizer would do it better still but I'm happy with it.

I put away the AT-AT because of its complete lack of a paintjob in comparison. Though I suspect they'll revisit it one day.
Yeah I regret not jumping at it during the last release but my problem is always horizontal space not vertical.

I’ll make it work one day I always do much to my wife’s chagrin lol

Unrelated but I made an offer to an ebayer for Enterbay T-800 parts that would help restore my Clean figure back to (almost) completion and he replied with a message asking if I'd pay by paypal outside of ebay because their seller fees are high. Now, his feedback is 100% from over 500 transactions, but technically what he's asking breaches ebay rules. I dunno, should I go for it?

Unrelated but I made an offer to an ebayer for Enterbay T-800 parts that would help restore my Clean figure back to (almost) completion and he replied with a message asking if I'd pay by paypal outside of ebay because their seller fees are high. Now, his feedback is 100% from over 500 transactions, but technically what he's asking breaches ebay rules. I dunno, should I go for it?
Oh hell no dog!

Hey I thought of you yesterday when my wife bought Kerry Gold Irish butter lol

It does break the rules but he may have offered it as a way to make the deal work mutually for the price you offered. He saves on the fees and you get a lower price.

As long as they’re asking you to pay through goods and services, there’d be little to no risk to you. You have buyer protection. If they asked for friends and family payment then that’s definitely a no.

If you want to keep it to eBay, maybe ask what their best price would be on the platform. Maybe they can meet you in the middle.

Oh hell no dog!

Hey I thought of you yesterday when my wife bought Kerry Gold Irish butter lol

20220813_142328_resized.jpg

It does break the rules but he may have offered it as a way to make the deal work mutually for the price you offered. He saves on the fees and you get a lower price.

As long as they’re asking you to pay through goods and services, there’d be little to no risk to you. You have buyer protection. If they asked for friends and family payment then that’s definitely a no.

If you want to keep it to eBay, maybe ask what their best price would be on the platform. Maybe they can meet you in the middle.
Yeah I think that's the gist of it. He didn't specify in the message that he wants me to pay by 'friends & family', perhaps that could yet come after I agree to go the paypal route outside ebay.

Thing is I also want to ask him if he marks the value lower on customs forms - which might come across hypocritical, expecting him to do everything above board except that. :lol

Sorry for more off-topic posting

Decided to go for those parts off ebay. The seller said he does declare low value. I paid on paypal by Goods & Services.

Now, I today receive a message saying he needs to ship by SpeedPak which only serves ebay orders. Thus he created a new ebay listing for one of the items and asked that I make an offer of $1.00 and pay that so that he can print their shipping label. I made the offer and await him to accept it.

Anything fishy here? Any reason to think this extra step would impact my ability to get a refund if the package never arrives which, after doing a search on SpeedPak, feels very much like a possibility? :lol

Last edited:
Back