3.75" Collecting Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I've not been able to bring myself to consign my 3.75 inch StarWars to the past. I did have a period where I was really pissed off with Hasbro for denying me all avenues to the Sailbarge except the aftermarket, a time when I considered quitting their products and offloading everything I had - but things have changed. Hasbro Pulse EU now ships to all of Europe which they didn't before. This means I was able to get the Boba Fett Throne Room, that recent set of Jabba goons etc. And there's always a chance they'd make the Barge available again. It's the only major gap in my collection.

They're still making some good stuff - great vehicles, diorama playsets and background characters.

Ahh ***t!
And even with the quite a bit higher prices of the past decade-plus (seemed like Hasbro finally figured out that older dudes could afford to pay much more, especially for incredibly accurate figs/vehicles/playsets dressed up as a 40 year old Kenner release) they are still a good deal for what you get, which are some staggeringly well done display pieces.

The barge was my turning point - where I finally broke my 3 3/4" habit (becoming a faithful 1/6 collector only), and was kinda glad I couldn't order it because in seeing all the YT videos of it in collections it really needs half a room to display it.

But not having had my 3 3/4" stuff out after quite a number of years just reinforces why I got these pieces in the first place: they are really, really well done. With a few puffs of Tamiya weathering, the Hasbro snowspeeder and cloud car could pass as fully built high end model kits (but with opening cockpits etc,) and many of the super articulated figs of maybe a decade ago are remarkably accurate and pose so well.

I know there's a ton of complaints around Hasbro (fig choice, omissions, stupid decisions etc) but when you look back, its remarkable what they've achieved in the past 20 years alone. I'm taking out figure after figure and just being blown away at how well done they are. And NO, I'm NOT buying more. :unsure:😬:lol

Far from finished but here are some work in progress renders of a 3.75 inch / 1:18 scale Battle Star Galactica Wars mashup Republic Viper that will be 3D printable.
IMG_20231123_172450_472.png

IMG_20231123_172450_494.png

IMG_20231123_172449_943.png

IMG_20231123_172449_681.png

IMG_20231123_172449_803.png

IMG_20231123_172449_876.png

IMG_20231123_172450_212.png

BOBF DC15S v63i.png

Still lots of detailing and final adjustments to do then obviously cutting and keying the parts for easier printing and assembly but it is taking shape.

Wow. Nice job on the Viper. Such a great design. Too bad BG does not get more love in the collectable community.
I think that someone actually made files for an upscaled version of the old BSG Viper toy from the 80's that when printed can fit 3.75 inch figures. Since that already exists I feel comfortable doing a mashup fan design intended fr Star Wars figures. I do hope someone eventually does the 2004 show version though

I think that someone actually made files for an upscaled version of the old BSG Viper toy from the 80's that when printed can fit 3.75 inch figures. Since that already exists I feel comfortable doing a mashup fan design intended fr Star Wars figures. I do hope someone eventually does the 2004 show version though

Well, Gambody did a modern viper 3D model which can be scaled up, but I had to do some work on the cockpit to get it to fit 3.75" figures. If I remember right, I had to widen and deepen the cockpit tub, chair, and that section of the fuselage. But it works.

BTW, I love the little cylon droid socket!

Attachments

• IMG_7292.JPG
    IMG_7292.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
Well, Gambody did a modern viper 3D model which can be scaled up, but I had to do some work on the cockpit to get it to fit 3.75" figures. If I remember right, I had to widen and deepen the cockpit tub, chair, and that section of the fuselage. But it works.

BTW, I love the little cylon droid socket!
Oh dang! nice mod! I might have to get that file then and see if I can do the same mods. I love the 2004 version a lot. would be cool to have an entire line up of various Vipers.

Thanks :) I will try to make the full droid to go with the ship so that anyone wanting to display a mashup cylon atromech in their droid lineup will be able to :)

Back