18" Iron Throne - Dark Horse

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't get why companies insist on making these things out of polyresin and raising the cost so high.

Chairs, display pieces, diorama add ons can easily be made with lesser materials and on the shelf you're none the wiser. This could have been a number of cheaper plastics, hollow, and the price would have been lower.

I don't get why companies insist on making these things out of polyresin and raising the cost so high.

Chairs, display pieces, diorama add ons can easily be made with lesser materials and on the shelf you're none the wiser. This could have been a number of cheaper plastics, hollow, and the price would have been lower.

Because casting in resin is cheaper on the front end. Rubber molds are significantly less than the molds for PVC and plastic that require metal tooling. If your going to make a limited edition of a few hundred, you wont make your money back on molds for plastic.

Surely that's too big to work for sixth scale? Wouldn't a sixth scale Iron Throne only be about thirteen inches high or so at its tallest point? Or is my math way off?

Nope. Way too much money. I also dont need a super heavy poly resin statue. Mass produce a cheap hollow plastic version for less please. I do think I've seen a third party version in various sizes on Ebay a while back though.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

For whatever it's worth, I just measured my V.1 Dark Horse Iron Throne and it's about 14" tall, not including the platform (this new one doesn't seem to come with a platform). So it does seem like it's been scaled up a bit. But that may mean it's actually closer to 1/6 scale since the original is a bit undersized.

For whatever it's worth, I just measured my V.1 Dark Horse Iron Throne and it's about 14" tall, not including the platform (this new one doesn't seem to come with a platform). So it does seem like it's been scaled up a bit. But that may mean it's actually closer to 1/6 scale since the original is a bit undersized.

Thanks for the info. Considering getting this but the price, ouch! Own the 3rd party though.

Back