1/8 GONG - Lightyear - Buzz Lightyear Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sox arrived today - he has 8 points of articulation one of those being his magnetic head…the paint work is flawless and the detail and sculpt is perfect. Which after how amazing Buzz turned out I’m not surprised how good this little guy is. I was lucky enough to grab one as soon as Ryokosama announced it here. Is he overpriced??.. absolutely! 😂 but he’s also absolutely worth it. The minute I opened him up and was snapping quick pictures I was grinning ear to ear like an idiot. As for the price - I always take into account that Kit ships for free which has got to add to the price. Love he comes in his own little Gong Studio/Pop Mart box. Definitely another 10 out of 10.

Anyway enough rambling here are some quick pics -
0D786F6E-495B-44A9-96B7-87CE08301716.jpeg
4ED79F7F-CD83-4C97-8D53-9F9D3BF978A4.jpeg
CA42AB60-CB77-4022-AFD4-8B9FACE497A5.jpeg
A1955CA6-40DA-42C6-BD0B-A7FD5ED24AA7.jpeg
8E61579F-6F4D-4E92-9097-2A8303643121.jpeg

454E68A4-25AE-4EFD-82D8-B09879F3B758.jpeg
22593214-FAF3-4F19-8FCB-0C584F77E124.jpeg
D8E2686E-FDBA-4E7E-83BA-896FA2CE6767.jpeg
4217FE80-3D71-477C-BF63-E64E41B8D58D.jpeg
7F445C5E-030C-4909-9072-730CA4AC0A72.jpeg

Everything ive seen on this figure is screaming to just buy it as it looks phenomenal but im just scratching my head that is will look too out of place with all my 1/6 and 1/12 collection. Any one who has it already, are you displaying as just a stand alone piece or mixing it in?
That’s what I talked about in my review. He doesn’t fit in - he’s his own entity, which isn’t a bad thing at all. He literally is perfect head to toe. There isn’t anything on him I’d change and that includes his scale. I would never have him on a shelf with Star Wars, Marvel, DC, or my Horror figures. What I do have is him posed with is my Lightyear statue from Beast Kingdom and my Bandai X-15 and some other little Lightyear items….so it’s more of a movie/genre specific shelf. I really hate for any collector that liked the movie or loves Buzz from their Toy Story days to miss out on a piece like this, and no I don’t work for Gong Studios. I’m an old fart collector at 53 that can appreciate the hell out of something that turned out better than I envisioned because it doesn’t happen often.

Honestly the only downside to this piece is when I get my Hot Toys version. Because then I will compare the two….and unless something drastically changes from HT prototype pictures the Unibrow Buzz with his rubber pelvis/upper leg covers is going up for sale the day after I review him.

Was in a pretty bad mood last week because 4PX recently switched over to using a highly unreliable new US courier for final delivery called SpeedX, so one of my $300 figures from Giantoy that was marked as 'delivered' never was and SpeedX told me it's not their problem (thankfully, Giantoy are refunding me because of how bad SpeedX have been for them). Luckily, Sox was transferred to USPS. Definitely glad I picked him up.

PXL_20230312_160311047.PORTRAIT.jpg

Last edited:
I got mine from a courier I've never heard from called Sekoaircity. I was expecting USPS, but it came from a woman in a random car.

Was in a pretty bad mood last week because 4PX recently switched over to using a highly unreliable new US courier for final delivery called SpeedX, so one of my $300 figures from Giantoy that was marked as 'delivered' never was and SpeedX told me it's not their problem (thankfully, Giantoy are refunding me because of how bad SpeedX have been for them). Luckily, Sox was transferred to USPS. Definitely glad I picked him up.

View attachment 627681
Glad Sox arrived safe and sound but that absolutely blows about your other package.

Glad Sox arrived safe and sound but that absolutely blows about your other package.
I appreciate the sympathy! On the plus side, Giantoy have already arranged to have shipments delivered exclusively by USPS due to how many issues SpeedX have caused and I believe Kit is looking into avoiding SpeedX too, so I don't have to panic cancel all of my pre-orders with those stores!

Firstly I would like to thank Kit because is the first time that I receive an order from them and it has been amazing. Just 7 days from paying to having the figure in my house from Hong Kong to Spain. No extra taxes, no surprises. All super smooth and fast.

I have to say that this figure is maybe one of the top 3 figures from the last years for me. AMAZING figure, quality, weight, painting... No words. I just hope this company do more. If you can buy it, do it.

Having just watched FabsFigures review of Buzz, I want to warn people about the potential to chip paint off Buzz's arm sockets when not adjusting the deltoid armour prior to raising the arms. There is noticeable damage to FabFigure's Buzz arm socket in his video on both sides (and no, it is not weathering). The instructions do advise you to move that shoulder plate away before raising the arm for exactly that reason, but some people may have missed that, so wanted to mention it here.

buzz.png

Last edited:
Yeah it states to move them out of the way before posing. It’s funny how many people will spend hundreds of dollars on a collectible but not take the 3-5mins to basically read a pamphlet. At least he could just chalk it up to weathering.

Last edited:
Finally caved and order this guy from kit after watching the movies again with my son today. Cant wait to get him and have a play with poses, now just need to find an in scale Sox.

Mine has shipped today! Like many have said this figure really has me excited to get in hand more than many have recently.

View attachment 627681
Ok, this is amazing! Think I’m gonna have to hit buy! 🙈

What’s the chances of more Sox being released somewhere, anyone know?

Ok, this is amazing! Think I’m gonna have to hit buy! 🙈

What’s the chances of more Sox being released somewhere, anyone know?
Im not sure if they will as I read somewhere he was initially a preorder bonus and then guessing they had a few more to sell. I wouldnt mind getting one myself but not sure if pop mart do reissues. @Kit Chen do you know if there maybe a potential for more Sox figures?

I got mine from a courier I've never heard from called Sekoaircity. I was expecting USPS, but it came from a woman in a random car.
This post is very useful two months on, haha. I'm in the process of filing an FTC fraud report against SpeedX, as since I added them to Trustpilot last month, they've had nearly 100 negative reviews about them either not delivering at all, leaving packages to be stolen in the street or stealing packages themselves. I finally found the CEO of SpeedX on LinkedIn today and his previous businesses were Seko and Air City...

pretty good price and of course Sox is the cherry on top. still bummed i missed out on the first release and not sure if this is enough consolation, or if i'd rather splurge for the 1/6 hot toys version...

Back