1/6th Detention Cell with SSC Leia img heavy

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ProgMatinee

circlesendwheretheybegin
Reaction score
Hey,

Here are pics of my latest project. 1/6 scale Death Star.....detention block that is.

Project is mostly foamcore with some balsa wood detailing and balsa wood thatched floor.

Start with some WIP pics, materials, necessary music, etc.

cellmaterials.jpg

cellwip1.jpg

cellwip2.jpg

cellwip3.jpg

cds.jpg

Completed shots.

interrogate1.jpg

interrogate2.jpg

interrogate3.jpg

lyingdown.jpg

And one deleted scene for the Special Edition 2015.

greatescape.jpg

Hope you enjoyed. Any tips on improving, especially the floor, are requested. Thanks.

That looks awesome. I can already hear Leia say "Aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?"

And the last shot. :lol

That's awesome!! I love it. The last shot is hilarious.:lol

A tip? Well, I've made hundreds of wooden display shelves for action figures and after I paint them I spray them with a matte acrylic finish from Krylon. Really takes the shine off and even ups the look of the paint. That's my only suggestion for this piece.

Well done! :rock:cool:

Very very cool--- I love the use of foamcore to create an authentic looking 1/6 environment to display these awesome collectibles.

Well done! Very inspirational.

that is definitely top shelf work. any chance of a few orange lights to go under the floor grating? that would make an excellent photo op.

That looks awesome. I can already hear Leia say "Aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?"

And the last shot. :lol

looks awsome,ive one of those interigator droids which is beegiing for a workover, but i do think she is actually saying....."your a little short for a sith lord! ":cool:

Great stuff!! That looks awesome! And that last shot...:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

What you might want to do to the floor also, is sand it w/ 0000 Steel Wool. It "flattens" the paint and makes it look like painted metal.

-Rex

Sweet!! it's very pro looking. Might I suggest you do the same treatment for the ceiling that you did with the floor but leave the gaps open and use a light to give it the lighting effect. You could do some really nice camera upshots with leia and Vader that way.

-Mark

Back