1/6 - West(ern) World

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
81eHL3b3uPL.jpg

they are a bit late to the party for figures
maybe a year ago
Yes this is late in the game, just a guess: A year ago Diamond Select (although at a smaller 6" scale) had official license rights and were producing figures, likely with a vested interest in having payed for the license, likeness' brand name , etc, Diamond would have (either themselves, or asked HBO legal) to pursue anyone trying to do simultaneous bootleg figures and infringing on their albeit tiny action.

Supermad who (for better or worse) unashamedly do unlicensed "customs" as they call them, likely just waited for the Diamond Select licensee to officially burn out and expire, before pursuing their own unlicensed figures. Knowing Diamond having dropped the licensees, the much bigger MGM, HBO, whoever they revert to and owns it outright?) would not bother with some minor bootleg company, and won't pursue them.
Hence they are starting them late.
Not saying they'll have much success (I doubt it, although there is apparently a 4th season in the works), just speculating why they waited till Diamond was done with it.

Last edited:
There was a company that released some female figure a couple of years back that had a sculpt that looked like Delores. I picked four of the sculpts up just in case no-one ever released a Delores but as of yet haven’t made any customs. I’d like to get the first one in the series just in case it helps them make more.

There was a company that released some female figure a couple of years back that had a sculpt that looked like Delores. I picked four of the sculpts up just in case no-one ever released a Delores but as of yet haven’t made any customs. I’d like to get the first one in the series just in case it helps them make more.
Was it this one..?
The 1:6 Lady Adler comes pretty close to being Dolores.
1477688850-dolores-westworld-shoots-dudes.gif

8gsEo4C.jpg
5gcd1w.gif

5YhSDMW.jpg

etIeE5A.png

Last edited:
Was it this one..?
The 1:6 Lady Adler comes pretty close to being Dolores.
8gsEo4C.jpg

That is close in looks to Delores as regards her costume, but the figure i was talking about just had a Delores headsculpt.
The figure was "Ace Playgirl Series Vietnam War Play Company"
I didn't buy the figure, but spotted the head when it was previewed, and bought four of the sculpts for future customs.

1-6-scale-Collectible-figure-doll-Female-soldier-U-S-Vietnam-War-Play-Company-12-action.jpg

That is close in looks to Delores as regards her costume, but the figure i was talking about just had a Delores headsculpt.
The figure was "Ace Playgirl Series Vietnam War Play Company"
I didn't buy the figure, but spotted the head when it was previewed, and bought four of the sculpts for future customs.

I bought the pair of those girls for the Tank Girl/Colonial Marines vibe.

This is that sculpt in hand:

48145260882_89057f6350_o.jpg

It's an unusually intense expression for a female sculpt. The eyes are amazing too.

Despite being fantasy figures the level of detail and historical accuracy with the parts (and the way they attach) is very impressive.

Spoiler Spoiler:

I bought the pair of those girls for the Tank Girl/Colonial Marines vibe.

This is that sculpt in hand:

It's an unusually intense expression for a female sculpt. The eyes are amazing too.

Despite being fantasy figures the level of detail and historical accuracy with the parts (and the way they attach) is very impressive.

I thought that too, but was only interested in the Delores head.
I was always tempted to get that dark haired figure, and although the head reminds me of someone, i can't put my finger on who it is. The only person it looks close to is a very young Kate Mulgrew, but i might not even know the person it's modelled on(Or maybe it's not based on anyone)

I thought that too, but was only interested in the Delores head.
I was always tempted to get that dark haired figure, and although the head reminds me of someone, i can't put my finger on who it is. The only person it looks close to is a very young Kate Mulgrew, but i might not even know the person it's modelled on(Or maybe it's not based on anyone)

This is the other one:

48145171241_bf2dc7e40f_o.jpg

Yeah. I had deselected the images from your previous post just for brevity's sake.
I just can't put my finger on who it might be modelled on.

I don't know either. Which is good because I prefer sculpts to be original, as sometimes they're too recognisable to use when I'm putting together a generic figure.

"The Seditious Painted Lady" & "The Scarred Latin Renegade" (Western World
5gcdms.gif

"The Seditious Painted Lady" & "The Scarred Ronin Renagade" (Eastern World
5gcdsm.gif

...with parallel East/West "world" packaging design.
Somone just give me these wonderful analogues worlds and characters to stand opposite each-other on the shelf.
5gcfod.gif

5gcg67.gif

5kd6hc.gif

For the parallel World, POPTOYS EX033 "Brave samurai" UJIO Kendo version Hiroyuki Sanada comes pretty close to being his same character as Musashi, you just need to add the pleated leather element to the kimono collar which ties it to Hector Escaton, and of course the hat and scar.
5gcfod.gif

5gcg67.gif

5__26380.1628005138.1000.1200.jpg

2__84978.1628005138.1000.1200.jpg

Wish there was an as easy sub for Hector Escaton, but his likeness, gear and particularly his jacket are pretty specific.
f40e7c67edac461a034329d5b4ca16e2.gif
604f0d.gif

Westworld-Hector-Escaton-Leather-Jacket-510x600.jpg

westworld-musashi-hiroyuki.jpg

5wzrxxym62551.jpg

myk0vlqpzbotqiywjvvk.jpg

Last edited:
So.. this is Hiroyuki Sanada as Musashi in West world.. Interesting choice.
Did this actor play Musashi in any other movies?
Pretty much he played Ujio (in The Last Samurai) This is a pastiche, they are calling "Musashi" after the classic character.
601izv.gif

For the parallel World, POPTOYS EX033 "Brave samurai" UJIO Kendo version Hiroyuki Sanada comes pretty close to being his same character as Musashi, you just need to add the pleated leather element to the kimono collar which ties it to Hector Escaton, and of course the hat and scar.
And of course they've added some necessary elements.
In particular the unusual goring weapon, the unique pleated leather element to the kimono collar, which parallel Hector Escaton's, and of course the Scar and the Hat!
5gcfod.gif

45e5c86c29.jpg

Last edited:
Back