Action Figure 1/6 VTS - Ghost of Battlefield (Tsushima) - Jin Sakai Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
View attachment 551148View attachment 551147
Bad photo in bad lighting but, I think I got it all figured out now.

He’s incredible! Only annoying thing is the green ribbons around his shins constantly falling off. And I still have no idea where the little bombs are supposed to go on the armor 🤔
The short sword goes on his back. The tanto(knife) and katana goes on his waist. Lol

After some time with this figure I think it could be figure of the year for me. I hope like how VTS is doing a lot of Final Fantasy figures they consider doing more outfits for Jin. The travelers attire, Ronin, Kensei, and Sakai Clan armour would be amazing to own.

It took forever to get the vest on this guy because of the armor, then I look at the pictures and I see the rope and green sash go on top of the vest. :gah:Then I untie the green sash and realize, it has Velcro under the arm :slap The kunai don't stay on the chest. It would probably be more effective to use actual straps instead of those pins.

Anyway it looks really cool once its all set up. I put some tape on the inside of the mask to protect the face. Not sure it'll make a difference. How do you swap the hands on this figure? The gloves seem to be sewn to the sleeve

The deluxe base is beautifully painted. I'd only pick it up from the bottom, all the leaves look really delicate/fragile. And be gentle when placing the figure on it to avoid scratching the paint.

It took forever to get the vest on this guy because of the armor, then I look at the pictures and I see the rope and green sash go on top of the vest. :gah:Then I untie the green sash and realize, it has Velcro under the arm :slap The kunai don't stay on the chest. It would probably be more effective to use actual straps instead of those pins.

Anyway it looks really cool once its all set up. I put some tape on the inside of the mask to protect the face. Not sure it'll make a difference. How do you swap the hands on this figure? The gloves seem to be sewn to the sleeve

The deluxe base is beautifully painted. I'd only pick it up from the bottom, all the leaves look really delicate/fragile. And be gentle when placing the figure on it to avoid scratching the paint.
The gloves have elastic straps you'll have to be careful and slide them off the fingers. Use tweezers if you have them (ideally the clear plastic kind) I just got the vest today from ebay and put him on no issues. I'm a perfectionist so I try to get it to look as close to the game as possible but VTS didn't consider accuracy when making the figure so I have to live with what we got. Lol

I have had my issues with VTS figures in the past, but this is easily one of my favorite figures this year.
38790671-6680-45A0-BEFF-7C732988ABE9.jpeg

Decided to remove all of Jin's gear and redo the belt/rope and sash. Since I'll be displaying Jin with the vest and long cape(when the cape arrives from ebay) I had to make it accurate enough to how it looks in game so far I was able to manage. I also will be buying another tanto knife to use the handle for the wakizashi as it's actually short and not the longer handle like the katana.

Decided to remove all of Jin's gear and redo the belt/rope and sash. Since I'll be displaying Jin with the vest and long cape(when the cape arrives from ebay) I had to make it accurate enough to how it looks in game so far I was able to manage. I also will be buying another tanto knife to use the handle for the wakizashi as it's actually short and not the longer handle like the katana.
Sounds great, I think some photos of the result would be welcome, if you can/want to share them.

Last edited:
Sounds great, I think some photos of the result would be welcome, if you can/want to share them.
Yeah no problem. I didn't have time last night to post but here is a quick image. And a in game comparison not 100% but I got the belt line as close as possible.
20211223_144154.jpg
233ec734f44521500ca773e0355732a8.jpg

Yeah no problem. I didn't have time last night to post but here is a quick image. And a in game comparison not 100% but I got the belt line as close as possible.View attachment 552093View attachment 552094
Wow, this is really amazing, you can see the care you have put into every detail. If you don't mind, I will use this photos as a reference to arrange my figure. Congratulations and thanks for sharing! 🤗

Wow, this is really amazing, you can see the care you have put into every detail. If you don't mind, I will use this photos as a reference to arrange my figure. Congratulations and thanks for sharing! 🤗
No worries, glad I could be of help can't wait to see your posts. Cheers.

No worries, glad I could be of help can't wait to see your posts. Cheers.
Sure, I'm trying to get one. By the way, what do you think of the strings with the figure in hand? They look a bit thick in photos, but they don't look too bad either. Do you think it would be worth looking for a thinner cord to replace them? Regarding the cape, I have the doubt whether it would be worth buying the deluxe version, because the standard one seems more attractive and dynamic. Maybe I'll get one to try...

Sure, I'm trying to get one. By the way, what do you think of the strings with the figure in hand? They look a bit thick in photos, but they don't look too bad either. Do you think it would be worth looking for a thinner cord to replace them? Regarding the cape, I have the doubt whether it would be worth buying the deluxe version, because the standard one seems more attractive and dynamic. Maybe I'll get one to try...
I was thinking of doing that but I would need to find that type of cord/string. To be clear I have the standard version and bought the vest and long cape from the deluxe set which was parted out on ebay. I prefer him with the vest and long cape.

I was thinking of doing that but I would need to find that type of cord/string. To be clear I have the standard version and bought the vest and long cape from the deluxe set which was parted out on ebay. I prefer him with the vest and long cape.
I'm tracking a standard version too, because I don't like the stand anyway, and I'll get loose pieces like the vest and long cape to complete the look. About the cords, I think it would be possible to find similar ones in a haberdashery, or perhaps on Aliexpress, something like this 2 mm diameter paracord also available on a darker brown color:

cordali.jpg

I would really prefer to choose it in person, because here the important thing is the diameter of the cord. Also, according to the model of the game, the ropes that go in the waist have different thicknesses:

cords.jpg

The truth is that these things could have been contemplated before launching the figure, it is not something that they should do a mold or something.

Can you explain what you did if it's not to much to ask?
Jin Sakai mods :
Mask teeth repainted
Kunais repainted
Repainted shoulder plates
Repainted hand guards
Repainted breastplate
Rope forearm redone
Wired belt
Modified and repainted thigh plates
Rectangles thigh protectors repainted
Torn thigh protection fabrics
Weathering on the pants
Repainted shin guards

Jin Sakai mods :
Mask teeth repainted
Kunais repainted
Repainted shoulder plates
Repainted hand guards
Repainted breastplate
Rope forearm redone
Wired belt
Modified and repainted thigh plates
Rectangles thigh protectors repainted
Torn thigh protection fabrics
Weathering on the pants
Repainted shin guards
I meant what was the process, like the paint you used, and how you got the armour for the legs more up and closer to the game. Thanks for your reply.

Back