1/6 Ujindou UD9022 HJ - AHS (1945)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Asta

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Ujindou HJ 1.jpg
Ujindou HJ 2.jpg
Ujindou HJ 3.jpg
Ujindou HJ 4.jpg
Ujindou HJ 5.jpg
Ujindou HJ 6.jpg
Ujindou HJ 7.jpg
Ujindou HJ 8.jpg
Ujindou HJ 9.jpg
Ujindou HJ 10.jpg
Ujindou HJ 11.jpg
Ujindou HJ 12.jpg
Ujindou HJ 13.jpg
Ujindou HJ 14.jpg
Ujindou HJ 15.jpg
Ujindou HJ 16.jpg
Ujindou HJ 17.jpg
Ujindou HJ 18.jpg
Ujindou HJ 19.jpg
Ujindou HJ 20.jpg
Ujindou HJ 21.jpg
Ujindou HJ 22.jpg
Ujindou HJ 23.jpg

UJINDOU 1/6 Hitler Youth AHS

List:
1. Characters:

1. Head x1
2. Body x1
3. Hand x4

2. Clothing:
4. Brown Shirt x1
5. Black Winter Blouse x1 & Black Winter Jacket x1
6. Black Trousers x1
7. Black Scarf x1
8. Scarf Buckle x1
9. Mountain Boots x1 pair
10. Gloves x1pair
11. Vest x1
12. AHS Shoulder Boards x2 pairs
13. Cap x1
14. Cap Badge x1
15. Armband x1

3. Equipment:
16. Belt x1
17. Sam Browne Strap x1
18. Whistle and Lanyard x1
19. 98K Pouch x2
20. Youth Assembly Medal x1
21. Hitler Youth Medal x1
22. Shooting Medal x1
23. Proficiency Medal x1

4. Weapons:
24. 98K Rifle x1
25. Hitler Youth Knife x1

Last edited:
The subject matter makes me more queasy than I feel about Facepool's teased Jojo Rabbit:

Facepool Jojo1.jpeg
Facepool Jojo2.jpeg

However, my anti-Party rule was broken when I made this creepy fellow from DID's Panzer officer, Jager:

100_4380.JPG
100_4381.JPG

I planned to get Facepool's Jojo because the film left a lasting impression, and this 12. SS Panzerdivision "HJ" Standartenfuhrer would no longer be such an outlyer.

I never expected Ujindou to make their own. In spite of my aversion I would likely get it for Jojo, presuming Facepool ever get him up for pre-order.

Last edited:
UJINDOU (UD9022)

230617uidybgz5jgizu5gz.jpg
230618lf5z1bod5pwcwwc5.jpg
230619iv0qr4grtovoo3co.jpg
230623mbdbbv33v8xahz98.jpg
230626zgc60r63z3a56cra.jpg
230642woljdi11djm1znoz.jpg
230643uci1vymeeim336s3.jpg
230644zf21sguqxt2sf5ko.jpg
230645w8lbccd2ss2oziud.jpg
230647btdoannt7qxdd7ox.jpg
230648ie5ao1chfnafzn6z.jpg
230649agzmqygjqugu5i52.jpg
230650acmkjejgmmqmmqem.jpg
001640fpm3x7x3gn8y8xl7.jpeg
001821gkxmhaas6xoqk99m.jpeg
001822zhysl0nd5nkkpuha.jpeg
005630tz3wp5tzheupu3k3.jpeg
005630vf63z8dhn8sgfjns.jpeg

List:
1. Headsculpt x1
2. Body x1
3. Hands

2. Clothing:
4. Brown shirt x1
5. Black shirt x1
6. Black pants x1
7. Black scarf x1
8. Bow tie storage knot x1
9. Mountain boots x1 (pair)
10. Gloves x1 (pair)
11. Vest
12. ASH Epaulet x2pair
13. Forward cap x1
14. Cap emblem x1
15. Armband x1

3. Equipment:
16. Belt x1
17. Shoulder strap x1
18. Whistle and rope x1
19. Kar 98K bag x2
20. Youth Assembly Medal x1
21. Youth League Qualification Medal x1 21. Hitler youth Medal x1
22. Shooting Medal x1
23. Proficiency Medal x1

4. Weapons:
24. Kar98K Rifle x1
25. Hitler youth Knife x1

Attachments

• 230617uidybgz5jgizu5gz.jpg
    230617uidybgz5jgizu5gz.jpg
    631.4 KB · Views: 2
  • 230616i38jz3tzt6pbvtq1.jpg
    230616i38jz3tzt6pbvtq1.jpg
    627.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Anyone who wants to be taken seriously with such an awful ideology should really reconsider their position on knee socks

Looks like a good release. The only two things I'd like to see improved are the color of the shirt which is a little too yellow and needs to be more on the brown/tan side and the shoes which look like modern hiking boots. They need to be more like regular shoes. Other than that, it looks like a decent release.

As per the original thread the specs made a pretty big typo with 'ASH'.

https://www.collectorfreaks.com/threads/1-6-ujindou-ud9022-hj-ahs-1945.248609/

This represents an HJ member selected for the 'AHS' system: 'Adolf Hitler Schulen'.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adolf_Hitler_Schools

His shoulder boards aren't shown clearly, but you can make out that they resemble these:

1609518881IMG_4360-500x500.jpg

ahs.jpg

https://www.hiscoll.com/shop.php?code=59964

The HJ also wore boots depending on their activity. Since the figure is said to represent 1945 that activity is likely to be the defence of Germany.

https://www.dekalegapermilitaria.nl/en/p/german-hiltler-jugend-mountain-boots-1944-du-9

Last edited:
An announcement on BBICN:

According to the valuable opinions given by the majority of players,
Ujindou has made the following adjustments to the UD9022 product:

1. The official retail price has been adjusted from 1080 to 980RMB , please consult each agent for specific discounts;
2. The size of the hat badge and badge will be adjusted accordingly;
3. Optimize and adjust the shoe type;
4. Optimize the wood color of the 98K gun body;
5. Add X1 shorts, X1 socks (pair), and X1 tops shown in the official picture to the list details.

Change the boots to shoes? I'd rather have the boots. :angryfist:

This one will be on the way from Kit soon, and the subject matter still makes me queasy. It won't be so bad if Facepool actually get around to releasing Jojo.

I've settled on the idea of putting him in the shorts to save the ski trousers, because they're practically Waffen-SS Panzer trousers, and I still have the unused Italian camouflage Panzer wrap and cap from the Klaus Jäger figure. (Jäger's wrap and cap look good with the more serious Galland sculpt, and the pipe also wedges in the corner of the open mouth).

I was previously planning to put the HJ figure onto a DID Slim Short body, but now I've settled on having him in the shorts they may be too long for the shorter legs. They're already quite long on whatever body Ujindou are using, so I don't know if it'll work. The socks will probably need to be folded down.

Last edited:
With the box emptied it looks like quite a lot of parts.

IMG_1012.JPG

Ujindou said they were changing the boots to shoes. However, he's still wearing mountain boots. That's still fine and accurate, though I do have a pair of shoes I'm going to use instead.

The shirt, winter blouse and jacket all have working metal buttons.

The 98K is metal and what feels and looks like wood, or else it's a very good imitation in plastic.

The badges are all sticky backed apart from the Sport Proficiency which has a working pin like DID's.

IMG_1013.JPG

In hand the sculpt is very good. It's suitably youthful but the camera seems to add a little age more to him.

IMG_1015.JPG
IMG_1017.JPG
IMG_1018.JPG

Above the soles of his boots he's exactly 12" tall. I'll be transferring him to a DID Slim Short.

Come on Asta, have folks over to your place for some tea and a discussion about your Nazi figures.🍵

Come on Asta, have folks over to your place for some tea and a discussion about your Nazi figures.🍵

I feel very conflicted about this figure. :panic:

As I was working on him I was thinking that I don't want anyone seeing him, including family. I only got him because Facepool are supposed to be making Jojo Rabbit, which was a wonderfully anti-Nazi film.

Folks could come over and discuss my British and American WWII collection, though General Patton was more of a Nazi than most of my Germans. :lol

In fact most of my Germans aren't specifically Nazis. Especially the likes of Hans-Joachim Marseille who was actually anti-Nazi. Though most people wouldn't make the distinction.

As well as being a nightmare subject matter, this one was a nightmare to assemble. Trying to keep the scarf folded in order to both go under the collar and through the woggle was fiddlier than the fiddliest things on most military figures. The scarf also has frayed edges.

The lanyard for the whistle is meant to attach under the button on the shoulder board, but those buttons don't appear to be functional. Couldn't see an eyehole so the lanyard had to attach above the board.

The cap is pretty bad. The strap is too wide for the buckle, so it folds over as it passes through. Then I found it impossible to keep the strap tightened. It didn't look good when worn.

So I ditched the idea of using the winter blouse, rifle and magazine pouches, and went for the more classic HJ appearance.

He's on a DID Slim Short body and is wearing CraftOne Heat Neil McCauley bank robbery shoes.

IMG_1022.JPG
IMG_1023.JPG

I feel very conflicted about this figure. :panic:

As I was working on him I was thinking that I don't want anyone seeing him, including family. I only got him because Facepool are supposed to be making Jojo Rabbit, which was a wonderfully anti-Nazi film.

Folks could come over and discuss my British and American WWII collection, though General Patton was more of a Nazi than most of my Germans. :lol

In fact most of my Germans aren't specifically Nazis. Especially the likes of Hans-Joachim Marseille who was actually anti-Nazi. Though most people wouldn't make the distinction.

As well as being a nightmare subject matter, this one was a nightmare to assemble. Trying to keep the scarf folded in order to both go under the collar and through the woggle was fiddlier than the fiddliest things on most military figures. The scarf also has frayed edges.

The lanyard for the whistle is meant to attach under the button on the shoulder board, but those buttons don't appear to be functional. Couldn't see an eyehole so the lanyard had to attach above the board.

The cap is pretty bad. The strap is too wide for the buckle, so it folds over as it passes through. Then I found it impossible to keep the strap tightened. It didn't look good when worn.

So I ditched the idea of using the winter blouse, rifle and magazine pouches, and went for the more classic HJ appearance.

He's on a DID Slim Short body and is wearing CraftOne Heat Neil McCauley bank robbery shoes.

View attachment 661387View attachment 661388
Don't feel conflicted you don't have to justify what you collect to anybody. I could care less what someone thinks of my collection it's mine, not theirs, besides I have Knights, samurai, Napoleonic and have tons of WW2 figures from any nation that has an interesting figure, and many "Nazi" figures, but mostly collect modern military figures and LOVE my American Delta figures with huge flag patches on the plate carriers. Anyone who is actually going to see my collection knows who I am and what my interests are and that is Military/History. I don't care what the figure is, If it looks cool and has significance in those two categories then good chance I'll get it.

ANYWAY, the figure came out really good and the head sculpt looks to be one of the better ones they've done. Good idea with the short DiD body it fits the subject, how well did the head sculpt fit onto it?

I like the all-black uniform, gives me defense of Berlin vibes.

Don't feel conflicted you don't have to justify what you collect to anybody. I could care less what someone thinks of my collection it's mine, not theirs, besides I have Knights, samurai, Napoleonic and have tons of WW2 figures from any nation that has an interesting figure, and many "Nazi" figures, but mostly collect modern military figures and LOVE my American Delta figures with huge flag patches on the plate carriers. Anyone who is actually going to see my collection knows who I am and what my interests are and that is Military/History. I don't care what the figure is, If it looks cool and has significance in those two categories then good chance I'll get it.

That's a point. If anyone did see the collection they'd see a huge variety of science fiction, fantasy, horror and history including the American West, Romans, Celts, gladiators, knights including three Joan of Arcs (and I'm not even remotely religious), and WWII represented by British, American, Russian and German figures.

It crossed my mind yesterday whether there would be any stigma attached to Qorange's Confederate, especially in America? :unsure:

But it's all history and rather than glorification with the most problematic ones, they serve as reminders.

ANYWAY, the figure came out really good and the head sculpt looks to be one of the better ones they've done. Good idea with the short DiD body it fits the subject, how well did the head sculpt fit onto it?

The sculpt is definitely one of their better ones, and as good as any of DID's.

Whenever I have to put a non-DID sculpt onto a DID body I have to cut down a DID neck plug to fit the new sculpt, because DID uses smaller ball joints than other companies.

The cutting is easy because the plugs are soft rubber, and you don't have to be very accurate as being soft it doesn't take much to slot them into the new sculpt.

I like the all-black uniform, gives me defense of Berlin vibes.

That was my initial intention. Then I was going to go with the black blouse and shorts, until the cap issue changed my direction.

I have quite a few parts left over. The winter blouse, jacket, vest and cap will probably never find another use since they're so specific. The 98k and magazine pouches can be used to upgrade or change a figure in the future.

The ski trousers have enabled me to use up some spare parts from DID's Jager and Galland:

IMG_1026.JPG

Twinsies:

IMG_1029.JPG

This will end up as my blackest WWII shelf when Otto Funk arrives:

IMG_1028.JPG

It crossed my mind yesterday whether there would be any stigma attached to Qorange's Confederate, especially in America?
No, American Civil War stuff is generally accepted, the only people who are going to see the figure is us anyway. And I'm from Texas I need my Texan Johnny Reb figure just like I need some Federal boys in the collection.

I love the scarf you put on SS Adolf Galland He look's like he's ready for an offensive to take back Caen.

No, American Civil War stuff is generally accepted, the only people who are going to see the figure is us anyway. And I'm from Texas I need my Texan Johnny Reb figure just like I need some Federal boys in the collection.

I was thinking back to when Confederate statues and flags were being removed, and how different things are now compared to when Sideshow was making their Brotherhood of Arms series.

And talking of Federal boys, I've been wanting US cavalry from the 1870s onwards for years. I wonder if that's Qorange's next logical step?

I love the scarf you put on SS Adolf Galland He look's like he's ready for an offensive to take back Caen.

That's the scarf Galland came with, and it does add an unusual dash of colour. Apart from the Ujindou trousers it's Galland's sculpt, scarf, belt, holster, PPK and Iron Cross, and Jager's jacket, cap and pipe. The boots were one of the Dragon Models pairs I bought recently.

Back