1/6 UJINDOU U.S. Military Assistance Command, Vietnam – Studies and Observations Group (MACV-SOG) Recon Team 1-0, Laos, 1967

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Asta

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
u1.jpg
u2.jpg
u3.jpg
u4.jpg
u5.jpg
u6.jpg
u7.jpg
u8.jpg
u9.jpg
u10.jpg
u11.jpg
u12.jpg
u13.jpg
u14.jpg
u15.jpg
u16.jpg
u17.jpg
u18.jpg
u19.jpg
u20.jpg
u21.jpg
u22.jpg
u23.jpg
u24.jpg
u25.jpg
u26.jpg
u27.jpg
u28.jpg
u29.jpg
u30.jpg
u31.jpg

U.S. Army Military Assistance Command, Vietnam – Studies and Observations Group (MACV-SOG) Recon Team 1-0, Laos, 1967

PRODUCT ITEM NO.: UD9021

COSTUME:

1. 1X CISO Cross-border Combat Uniform (Green)
2. 1X GI undershirt
3. 1PAIR Jungle boots
4. 1X M1956 Suspenders
5. 1X M1956 Pistol belt
6. 1X CISO sterile mag pouch
7. 2X CISO ammo pouch
8. 1X CISO rucksack
9. 1X M2 Jungle first aid kit case
10. 1X M1956 First aid/compass pouch
11. 4X M1956 water canteen cover
12. 1X Strobe light pouch
13. 1X CISO recon knife sheath
14. 1X CISO bolo knife canvas sheath
15. 1X Triangle bandage
16. 1X M3A1 hand guard

NEW BOND HEAD SCULPTURE
BODY W/ RELAXED HANDS

PALMS:

1 . 1 Pair gun holding hands

ACCESSORIES :
17. 4X kettle M1956 water canteen
18. 1X M18 smoke bomb white
19. 1X M18 smoke bomb violet
20. 1X M18 smoke bomb yellow
21. 1X M18 smoke bomb red
22. 2X M26 grenades
23. 2X M127A1 signal flare
24. 1X XM166 mini smoke grenades red
25. 1X XM166 mini smoke grenades yellow
26. 1X XM166 mini smoke grenades green
27. 1X XM166 mini smoke grenades white
28. 1X SDU5E survival strobe light
29. 1X SOG CISO recon knife
30. 1X Bolo knife
31. 1X GI whistle
32. 1X Seiko watch
33. 2X O rings

34. 2X Friendly/loyalty bracelets
35. 1X Tape

WEAPONS:
36. 1X M3A1 submachine gun with silencer
37. 4X M3A1 magazines
38. 1X M3A1 submachine gun sling

TourS3_019.jpg

TourS3_018.jpg

Cool figure. For some reason, makes me think of an old TV show, Tour Of Duty, that came out based on the massive popularity and critical acclaim of the film Platoon, where in the third season, they basically ran out of most practical plot lines and had the few core remaining guys in the platoon become MAC V SOG operators.

I remember lots of stunt casting too, to get ratings up. Lee Majors and Carl Weathers both entered the cast.

Great show for it's time. Amazing soundtrack. I watched a few episodes on DVD, and apparently this show was so old, music rights weren't negotiated, so the song "Paint It Black", over the opening credits, had to be removed, along with alot of other music. Made the show just not the same.

Anyway, great figure. Maybe it was inspired by Tour Of Duty, but probably not.

The celebrity headsculpt potential for VN movies however is pretty interesting. For example Greg Kinnear from We Were Soldiers. Or Ryan Hurst. Jon Hamm. Sam Elliott. Don Cheadle from Hamburger Hill. Michael J Fox or Sean Penn ( young versions) from Casualties of War. John C McGinley from Platoon. Lots of interesting actors/celebrities that would not normally get headsculpts made based on most of their filmography, but would be cool to have. Also helpful for people doing customs outside the range of military 1/6th.

Tour Of Duty was a great show for it's time.

The sculpt reminds me of Martin or Charlie Sheen, except the hair parts on the other side.

At first I was thinking Apocalypse Now, then maybe Platoon. I'm not really into the Vietnam War movies, except for Apocalypse Now.

The M3A1 Grease Gun with suppressor hasn't featured in many films according to IMFDB, and especially not the well known ones. I could use it in my WWII collection. The detachable suppressor means it could be used from 1943 without, or from 1944 with.

Vietnam! there should ALWAYS be a company making Vietnam war figures, I got bummed out when ACE went out of business and even more annoyed when DAM spent good money on tooling really good parts for the Tet M60 gunner and never using them again.

This figure opens up a lot of options and has a great choice of weapon they need to make more MACVSOG members to form a team as I don't like getting one off military figures but I need this one.

I hope this does well and knowing Vietnam war collectors It definitely will, they have to make a more standard american soldier though because MACVSOG members used very unique and customized equipment and uniforms.

Nice to see some Vietnam era Special Forces from them. Here's hoping they do Willard. Been wanting one for years.

I have two fantasy Vietnam War figures made by ACE.

Not what I usually buy, but I was into female military at the time and thought I'd turned them into war photographers. However, they were so well made and with such accurate gear I left them as is, with the addition of a T-shirt, and imagined maybe they were nurses forced to take up arms in desperate circumstances. :lol

(Even the pink torch turned out to accurate. The MX-212/U for use in an explosive atmosphere, which was coloured pink, or raspberry for ease of identification).

48145135856_3cdacfdd22_o.jpg
48145260882_89057f6350_o.jpg

48145171241_bf2dc7e40f_o.jpg

48145432816_2b3543c5b9_o.jpg

At the time I was almost tempted to buy some actual Vietnam figures, but so far they've remained oddities that don't fit with anything real or fantasy.

I have two fantasy Vietnam War figures made by ACE.

Not what I usually buy, but I was into female military at the time and thought I'd turned them into war photographers. However, they were so well made and with such accurate gear I left them as is, with the addition of a T-shirt, and imagined maybe they were nurses forced to take up arms in desperate circumstances. :lol

(Even the pink torch turned out to accurate. The MX-212/U for use in an explosive atmospheres, which was coloured pink, or raspberry for ease of identification).

View attachment 631381View attachment 631382

View attachment 631383

View attachment 631384

At the time I was almost tempted to buy some actual Vietnam figures, but so far they've remained oddities that don't fit with anything real or fantasy.
I remeber these figures, I think these were the last ones ACE actually made and somewhat feel these are what may have made them go belly up. When they were announced everyone on OSW hated them and these sat around forever and never sold out but they do have some decent parts.

I remeber these figures, I think these were the last ones ACE actually made and somewhat feel these are what may have made them go belly up. When they were announced everyone on OSW hated them and these sat around forever and never sold out but they do have some decent parts.

I meant at first to turn one of them in Catherine Leroy, the first accredited journalist to participate in a combat parachute jump on 23 February 1967.

Catherine_Leroy.jpg

Catherine Leroy2.jpg

Catherine Leroy.jpg

But when I came to put them together I realised how accurately the gear was made. Things attach exactly they way the did in real life, and there are historical details that you're never likely to see again once they're assembled. So I decided to assemble them as intended and imagine some scenario to explain it. :lol

I got hooked on Ujindou's WWII series, and while the 'nam figure wasn't on my radar at all, the level of detail is giving me that comforting Ujindou feel.

If I got him he'd donate his Grease Gun for WWII service, and he can have one of The Dark Knight Joker's Smith & Wesson M76 submachine guns. It was developed in 1967 for the U.S. Navy SEALs.

Like the M3A1 It also saw use in Tour of Duty:

sw76 1.jpg
sw 76 2.jpg
sw 76 3.jpg

Vietnam! there should ALWAYS be a company making Vietnam war figures.....I hope this does well and knowing Vietnam war collectors It definitely will, they have to make a more standard american soldier though....

IMHO, it should be telling that that the most legitimate "squad builder" for VN is still probably Hot Toys Private Chris Taylor from Platoon. Pack, M16A1, standard uniform, standard helmet, LAW rocket, etc, etc.

Something I said on the OSW years and years ago is VN collectors have to hope for a big tie in license. For example, let's say James Cameron did another Terminator, but had a T800 or T100 go back to the Vietnam era ( this would sort of fit with Cameron's age profile, as Aliens had some subtle themes about military hubris and the actual Vietnam War ) If you sold a T800, with a busted up cyborg head and with the classic cyborg mechanical arm, but the rest of him was in a Vietnam era uniform and modern gear, then you could get VN equipment, uniforms, weapons, etc, etc, but still have the sales potential protected by a big IP, a big license and a big film.

Or if Sideshow had done a series of their zombie line ( circa like 2011-2014, somewhere around there) but reused their tooling from their Platoon figures, i.e. VN military zombies, that too could have infused more equipment into the secondary market place.

What would also help is if the modern brands in question had another line to repurpose the tooling. For example Dam Toys Gangster Kingdom. If Dam Toys did some licensed film figures with VN themes, they could reuse some of the equipment/weapon molds for their GK line. Add some attachments and different paint and you have a whole new weapon, etc, etc.

So, IMHO, the idea of getting "traditional" VN military boxed sets, I don't think they are going to do very well. They don't sell well in our hobby across the aggregate, and they have never sold well. The few brands that did them ( Toy Soldier and ACE) probably did so to avoid the market saturation in other areas ( Afghanistan, modern SWAT, WW2)

In essence, there need to be more popular film licenses that go back to VN themes. ( I would almost say sci fi movies are the only real shot at that) If Oliver Stone had not made Platoon ( a very personal film for him on an individual level), then what little VN there is in 1/6th would likely be even more miniscule.

They don't sell well in our hobby
I have to disagree, for one example I remember when the DAM USMC Tet offensive M60 gunner was released he sold out extremely fast and on the secondary market he was fetching todays Hot toys prices, I went as far as looking for it on chinese sites because I wanted to buy extra for the M55 flak jacket it came with, even the ACE Vietnam figures from Operation Delaware to the Mike Force figures all sold out fairly quick with the exception of a the last two US Army figures that brought nothing new in terms of parts.

IMHO, it should be telling that that the most legitimate "squad builder" for VN is still probably Hot Toys Private Chris Taylor from Platoon. Pack, M16A1, standard uniform, standard helmet, LAW rocket, etc, etc.
I never liked the Hot toys platoon figures mainly because the uniform colors were so off, I Don't think anyone ever did vietnam war figures good untill ACE came in and perfected it.

What would also help is if the modern brands in question had another line to repurpose the tooling. For example Dam Toys Gangster Kingdom. If Dam Toys did some licensed film figures with VN themes, they could reuse some of the equipment/weapon molds for their GK line. Add some attachments and different paint and you have a whole new weapon, etc, etc.
DAM had the opportunity to reuse the molds/tooling but they decided right after their very successful USMC M60 gunner that was loosely based of Animal mother from Full metal jacket that they would shrink down the tooling and make more molds for vietnam war figures but in the crappy 1/12th scale.

In essence, there need to be more popular film licenses that go back to VN themes. ( I would almost say sci fi movies are the only real shot at that) If Oliver Stone had not made Platoon ( a very personal film for him on an individual level), then what little VN there is in 1/6th would likely be even more miniscule.
I don't think these Military brands need to be making figures based on a movie to be successful but it certainly helps, example people buy Captain Miller from SPR just for the movie character but don't collect anything else military.

I have to disagree, for one example I remember when the DAM USMC Tet offensive M60 gunner was released he sold out extremely fast and on the secondary market he was fetching todays Hot toys prices, I went as far as looking for it on chinese sites because I wanted to buy extra for the M55 flak jacket it came with, even the ACE Vietnam figures from Operation Delaware to the Mike Force figures all sold out fairly quick with the exception of a the last two US Army figures that brought nothing new in terms of parts.

Over time, IIRC, both Greg Brown ( currently of Cotswold but back then ran Eklyps) and one of the co-owners of Echo Base Toys, have both talked about in the past about the "chicken and egg" problem.

What makes many people take a chance on a niche figure is partially based on value against price point. But to get a favorable price point, you need a much larger sized edition run of production. Hence, since the area of the hobby is very niche in the first place, the demand just isn't there to pump out that many figures.

The reason old Dragon Models figures over twenty years ago were 30-35 bucks, aside from inflation , only held to generation 1 level production standards, etc, etc, was that they were producing on a much larger scale than military figures being made today.

It's why vintage collectors were phased out so brutally. It was a group that was already generally price resistant to newer stuff coming out. But their dwindling numbers couldn't support edition run sizes to make the price points feasible enough for those few remaining who were willing to pay at that rate of cost. You'll see it happen even to "modern" collectors. When HT figures jumped from 150 on average to around 270-300, it naturally shed certain tiers of collectors.

The only variance to that, as explained to me by an overseas dealer years ago, is if two brands get into a grudge match. I observed this in a thread where I posted about Intoyz weapons sets. When Intoyz released those, DML started pumping out carded sets to counter them. Whereas before, DML carded stuff was simply reusing weapons from their boxed sets, Dragon was starting to infuse new items not in boxed sets into the cards. Since carded sets have a razor thin profit margin in general, the dealer told me DML was probably losing money on the cards, in order to muscle out Intoyz.

I guess the first question I'd have is what was the edition size of the DAM Tet figure. That's not to pick on you, but if DAM didn't make a ton of them, just like Toy Soldier and ACE were notorious for small edition runs, then they might have gauged the market correctly. I.E. they were not stuck holding the bag on X number of figures that wouldn't move nor were their distributors and dealers.

I would like to see more VN figures, for sure, on that point, I agree with you wholeheartedly. I just don't think the overall demand is there. If there was, brands would make more figures from the era/niche. But they don't. And since they don't, what does that say? And as time moves on, the VN theme becomes more and more outdated, it's principal role in mainstream entertainment also diminishes ( i.e. no films like Deer Hunter or Platoon / Hamburger Hill / Casualties of War / Full Metal Jacket and TV shows like Tour of Duty to keep the interest alive. )

I still hold these this is a niche that needs quasi license support somewhere.

Over time, IIRC, both Greg Brown ( currently of Cotswold but back then ran Eklyps) and one of the co-owners of Echo Base Toys, have both talked about in the past about the "chicken and egg" problem.

What makes many people take a chance on a niche figure is partially based on value against price point. But to get a favorable price point, you need a much larger sized edition run of production. Hence, since the area of the hobby is very niche in the first place, the demand just isn't there to pump out that many figures.

The reason old Dragon Models figures over twenty years ago were 30-35 bucks, aside from inflation , only held to generation 1 level production standards, etc, etc, was that they were producing on a much larger scale than military figures being made today.

It's why vintage collectors were phased out so brutally. It was a group that was already generally price resistant to newer stuff coming out. But their dwindling numbers couldn't support edition run sizes to make the price points feasible enough for those few remaining who were willing to pay at that rate of cost. You'll see it happen even to "modern" collectors. When HT figures jumped from 150 on average to around 270-300, it naturally shed certain tiers of collectors.

The only variance to that, as explained to me by an overseas dealer years ago, is if two brands get into a grudge match. I observed this in a thread where I posted about Intoyz weapons sets. When Intoyz released those, DML started pumping out carded sets to counter them. Whereas before, DML carded stuff was simply reusing weapons from their boxed sets, Dragon was starting to infuse new items not in boxed sets into the cards. Since carded sets have a razor thin profit margin in general, the dealer told me DML was probably losing money on the cards, in order to muscle out Intoyz.

I guess the first question I'd have is what was the edition size of the DAM Tet figure. That's not to pick on you, but if DAM didn't make a ton of them, just like Toy Soldier and ACE were notorious for small edition runs, then they might have gauged the market correctly. I.E. they were not stuck holding the bag on X number of figures that wouldn't move nor were their distributors and dealers.

I would like to see more VN figures, for sure, on that point, I agree with you wholeheartedly. I just don't think the overall demand is there. If there was, brands would make more figures from the era/niche. But they don't. And since they don't, what does that say? And as time moves on, the VN theme becomes more and more outdated, it's principal role in mainstream entertainment also diminishes ( i.e. no films like Deer Hunter or Platoon / Hamburger Hill / Casualties of War / Full Metal Jacket and TV shows like Tour of Duty to keep the interest alive. )

I still hold these this is a niche that needs quasi license support somewhere.
That's a lot of good insight and points! I don't think it's that niche if they were being produced the military collector market would most likely still get it, at least I would as I try and get a little of everything if it's Military/War/History. I think one of the problems is that most of the established military manufactures are all settled into their respective eras and topics and know what they can get out of what they already make so exploring Vietnam comes down to a slightly newer/mediocre brands.

I like this one for loose parts. My initial thought regarding the head sculpt was that it had some Charlie Sheen, especially in the eyes.

Some excellent insights into the hobby, Chambea1114 and MeatHookGecko.

Long ago I did my own custom versions of MACV-SOG and LRRP from DML/Dragon parts and haven't felt the need to replace them yet. (Please disregard the dusty displays, though...)

Vietnam figs 2.jpg

Vietnam figs 1.jpg

The uniform is CISO produced for cross-border missions where US involvement was required to be denied as well as giving teams the appearance of North Vietnamese troops. They can be seen in use throughout the war by the indigenous members of recon teams.

CISO​

The Counterinsurgency Support Office was established on Okinawa in 1963 to supply clothing, weapons and equipment to Special Forces operating in Vietnam. Principally run by Ben Baker, the office issued standard and untraceable (sterile) gear as well as locally developed items such as the bolo knife, the indigenous rucksack, tiger stripe fatigues and Viet Cong style black pajamas.

http://www.vietnamgear.com/dictionary.aspx?s=ciso

Special Forces Bolo Knife​

The Counterinsurgency Support Office (CISO) procured bolo knives for Special Forces in Vietnam, who found the standard 18-inch machetes to be too long. The knife featured a wooden handle and had an 11-3/8 inch long round-tip blade. It was carried in a cotton sheath that had a riveted metal throat and a belt loop on the back.

sogbolo.jpg
SOGBoloshth.jpg

BoloSheath2.jpg

I don't think these Military brands need to be making figures based on a movie to be successful but it certainly helps, example people buy Captain Miller from SPR just for the movie character but don't collect anything else military.

Something I said years ago on the old Warrior Forum, was that a huge missed opportunity for VN 1/6th was actually Richard Marcinko.

His first book, Rogue Warrior, was vastly different from all his later cash grab / fiction / spy thriller type books. In it, he talked a good amount about his time deployed into Vietnam and his special operations there.

Back in the day, BBI/Elite Force made both Marcinko and Rudy Bosch figures. BBI could have easily transitioned into VN era figures with Marcinko as a type of celebrity driver. IIRC, the Marcinko and Rudy figures just didn't sell well. But a lot of those kind of tribute figures don't sell well unfortunately. Valaverse apparently got into that recently when one of their figures was a celebrity tribute figure and they said they ordered a lot of it, and it just didn't move.

I do think there's a bit of a cautionary tale there for 1/6th VN. You get one shot at something, then odds are the line dies fast. For example, if Hot Toys had made Barnes and Elias first, and thought to wait in Taylor, we might not have gotten a Charlie Sheen based squad builder. If SSC decided on a three figure wave for Platoon, and removed King from the lineup ( since his M60 would cost more in tooling), then odds are we wouldn't have gotten a King at all.

Had BBI started with Marcinko themed VN, then they would have realized too late that he couldn't drive sales of figures, but only after the hobby had gotten some more good VN gear into the overall marketplace.

I hate to say that, but that might be the best many can hope for now. A brand enters into VN with a single figure, realizes it's a money sink hole for them, then stop. While it would be nice to have a dedicated brand with a consistent pipeline of VN, a series of "one and dones" wouldn't be the worst thing in the entire world, as long as they were made really well.

review_nam_1.jpg

http://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW_051006b.htm

Here is an example of "one and done" by a brand.

Hot Toys actually made a couple of VN figures back in the day. They used to release new sets in "pairs". Always two military figures at a time. That was their pattern of doing things. So instead of just one figure, we all got two. And damn, I remember these guys and it was really well made stuff. HT also believed in the "three weapon" standard back then. Each figure got a pistol, a main weapon ( usually something unique and new to the hobby) and an accessory weapon of some kind. In this case, the 60 gunner got a M79 grenade launcher and the Stoner gunner got a LAW rocket.

Of course, if you only get "one shot" before a brand figures out that VN is a production sinkhole, maybe it would have been helpful if one of those guys was a standard VN era infantryman/rifleman. But I can see HT's reasoning here. They wanted enough unique gear to draw in modern collectors who might pick up these sets for the raw amount of useful / unique parts.

That being said, anything is still better than nothing, of course.

I think those sets were like 100 each back in the day. Lots of people were up in arms about the price points. But wow does 100 bucks for something like that look like a huge bargain in today's time.

I posted the MWC review in a link above as well for both sets.

https://bbs.bbicn.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=393238
Post made by Battle Road identifying the parts on the figure:

Ujindou's new product MACV-SOG Vietnam War U.S. Military Research and Observation Brigade Equipment Introduction
152324lo4zglg81lxtinl4.png
1. Background (a little chatter, students who are not interested can skip directly to the second part)
Beginning in the late 1950s, the people of southern Vietnam united to carry out various forms of armed struggle against American imperialist intervention and the incompetent puppet government. Small groups of units can appear in South Vietnam to support local armed forces without anyone noticing.

It is the famous "Ho Chi Minh Trail" that is used to transport these people and materials. Although it is called a trail, it is actually a huge transportation network from North Vietnam to South Vietnam and across the border areas of Laos and Cambodia. Consisting of several roads, facilities such as underground barracks, warehouses, and oil depots were secretly built along the entire road network.

The U.S. military has been trying to cut off this north-south traffic artery, but the roads are hidden deep in the jungle, and some of them are located in Laos and Cambodia. It is very difficult to find and attack. After many failed attempts by the CIA, the U.S. imperial military finally mobilized special warfare elites from the entire army to establish MACV-SOG to destroy this important logistical supply route. Due to the need to cross the border into two non-belligerent countries, Laos and Cambodia, to perform missions, SOG’s weapons and equipment all need to be “de-Americanized”. Even if it is killed or captured, the team’s American attributes cannot be exposed. Going to Laos and Cambodia for military operations, so what SOG does is shady black work, the real "black operation".

1. Equipment introduction
This time it is set in 1967. The SOG reconnaissance team performing missions in Laos belongs to the earlier SOG model. Because North Vietnam did not have enough awareness of the reconnaissance and harassment of such small units at the beginning, and did not have mature countermeasures, SOG's previous operations were generally relatively smooth, so the overall equipment was not as "heavy firepower" as in the later stage. This time we chose the shape of the M3 silencer submachine gun as the main weapon, which can also avoid too many repetitions with the 2 SOGs before ACE.

Head:
Cross-border missions require long distances behind enemy lines. The helmet has many disadvantages such as making abnormal noise, adding hooks, exposing the outline of the head, and increasing physical energy consumption. Compared with these shortcomings, its poor protection performance is dozens of times larger than its own. It is negligible when the troops are on the hunt, so no one will use the helmet on long-distance reconnaissance missions. Basically, there are only two options for head equipment: boonie hat and turban. The reason why some people don't choose boonie hat is because the brim of the hat will block the view. These are purely personal habits and preferences. Of course, in the subsequent development of new products, we will also try our best to produce as many SOG-themed products in different periods and styles to meet the needs of players.

u1.jpg

Group photo of the SOG reconnaissance team. In the picture, you can see three states of wearing hats, headscarves and nothing

Combat Uniform:
The cross border uniform customized by CISO, CISO specially provides "de-Americanized" clothing and weapons for the CIA and US special operations. Different from the OG color TCU commonly used by the U.S. military and the tabby camouflage favored by special warfare, this combat uniform is designed to imitate the military uniform of the North Vietnamese People’s Army. It does not have such strong American imperialist/South Vietnamese characteristics. It has been widely used by SOG and has multiple colors. Various versions.

u2.png

The CISO combat uniform in the picture above is from a team member of RT Alaska

u3.jpg

Carrying gear:
This product uses the M1956 series of shoulder straps and belts, compass bags and kettle bags, which are the pieces of equipment labeled 1.2.3.7 in the picture below. Due to the perennial wars, the equipment of these US military leaders has already flooded into Southeast Asia. Disasters, even if they are used directly, they will not be labeled as Americans.

u4.jpg

CISO Universal Magazine Bag:
Compatible with M16/AK47 and various submachine gun magazines, SOG is generally used with submachine guns or AK47, this item gives 2. ACE was given in the SOG of LUCKY SIX. It belongs to a piece that has been extinct for many years. It is necessary for DIY early SOG modeling.

u5.jpg
u6.jpg

Use examples, it can be seen that real soldiers are used with AK47 or SMG

CISO Ammo Satchel:
The appearance imitates the style of the Warsaw Pact country magazine bag, and the M3 submachine gun magazine can be inserted inside, and there is also a version that can be inserted into the rifle magazine. It should have been supplied to CIA consultants at the earliest, and later not only used by SOG, but also used by SEALs, FR and other units. The Delta Force was also seen using this bag during Operation Eagle Claw after the Vietnam War. It should be 1/6 for the first time.

u7.jpg
u8.png

On the left is the historical photo of Operation Eagle Claw, and on the right is the exhibits commemorating the 40th anniversary of Operation Eagle Claw

M2 medical kit:
It is also a bag commonly used by SOG. For activities behind enemy lines, survival is the top priority, and medical emergency equipment is absolutely indispensable. Some players even take two.

u9.jpg
u10.png

CISO three-pocket backpack:
It is customized by CISO, and it imitates the equipment of North Vietnam. It is a large-scale cosplay scene. There is no need to talk nonsense about this backpack. As long as there is a place where SOG appears, you can basically see it. The real objects are also very shoddy, and are consumables, so you don’t feel bad if you lose them when the enemy’s rear is attacked.

u11.png
u12.jpg

Example of use, it can be seen that there are a lot of water bottle bags at the back waist

SOG Scout Dagger:
Brand new production, supplemented by ACE's two SOGs without daggers, designed by CISO, in addition to SOG, 5th SFG green hats are also used. The classic knife shape has continued to this day.

u13.png
u14.png

Real soldier use case​

XM166 mini smoke bomb:
New production, some old photos can be seen similar to the film box, in fact, it is a mini smoke bomb, used to call the helicopter to evacuate and mark your position. Very characteristic fun piece, the first time 1/6.

u15.jpg
u16.jpg

Bolo chopping:
SOG Jungle Opening Mountain Chop, brand new production, also developed by CISO, it is said that the shape is improved from the choppers used by mountain people to harvest pineapples and bananas. It is shorter and easier to carry than the jungle chopping gun issued by the US military.

u17.png
u18.png

Seiko watches:
SOG's iconic objects are also brand new. SOG has almost one piece of staff, so I won’t post too many pictures. Simple meaning.

u19.jpg
u20.png

Friendship bracelet:
The traditional accessories of the local mountain people symbolize the long-lasting friendship between the giver and the receiver, and it is also the supreme honor for the giver.

u21.png

u22.png

u23.png

SOG use case, Hollywood actors messing around

M3A1 Suppressed Submachine Gun: .45 caliber subsonic ammunition with a silencer, essential for home travel and murder, especially suitable for activities behind enemy lines, and as a weapon of World War II, there are a lot of local stocks, meeting the requirements of "de-Americanization" and becoming some SOG players Some veterans mentioned in interviews that the silenced M3 has a lower rate of fire, is very easy to control the gun, and is more reliable than the silenced Sten, which is very suitable for capturing prisoners.

u24.jpg

Example of SOG use, note that both M3 and M3A1 models are featured

In addition, we also opened molds and made M18 smoke bombs, M26 grenades, SDU5E survival lights and M127A1 signal sticks. I won’t say much about these. They are all necessary items for the Vietnam War. Survival items behind enemy lines. In the 1990s, old school players can also use it.

Having said so much, let's stop here for this popular science sharing, and see you in the next new product.

Your best source of information regarding MACV-SOG history are the books written by John L. Plaster. I've got the following three and they are fantastic. Highly recommended if you are interested in the subject matter.

Not really, but I've lined up the 2017 ten-part documentary series, The Vietnam War, for another watch. It's over seventeen hours long, but since the war has always been a complicated dead zone for me it puts everything into perspective by moving chronologically from 1858 to 1973 and beyond.

resized_250499-tvondvd-1008_76-23713_t800.jpg

Not really, but I've lined up the 2017 ten-part documentary series, The Vietnam War, for another watch. It's over seventeen hours long, but since the war has always been a complicated dead zone for me it puts everything into perspective by moving chronologically from 1858 to 1973 and beyond.

View attachment 631947
I never really liked the other Ken burns documentaries but this is the best documentary I've watched and I've seen it twice. Perfectly edited and just for covering the French involvement heavily alone made it a 10/10.

Back