1/6 1/6 Tusken Raider Hot Toys [The Mandalorian]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tuskens are tuskens. They dont share a factory for their wardrobe 🤷‍♂️. There really isnt a right or wrong look.
No, aside from different weapons and bandoliers, and the fact the costumes are hand made, all three ANH Tuskens are pretty much the same.

The wonky Mando Tuskens look like they come less from a professional wardrobe department like on ANH and more from a SDCC cosplayer's garage.

Even today, the ANH Tuskens feel scary and very real - totally convincing creatures - whereas the Mando versions never felt very real to me; you're sort of aware of actors in somewhat unconvincing costumes.

No, aside from different weapons and bandoliers, and the fact the costumes are hand made, all three ANH Tuskens are pretty much the same.

The wonky Mando Tuskens look like they come less from a professional wardrobe department like on ANH and more from a SDCC cosplayer's garage.

Even today, the ANH Tuskens feel scary and very real - totally convincing creatures - whereas the Mando versions never felt very real to me; you're sort of aware of actors in somewhat unconvincing costumes.
Interesting you mentioned the cosplay thing. I think they used cosplayers in season 1 for not having enough troopers? There were notable inconsistencys there for sure

Interesting you mentioned the cosplay thing. I think they used cosplayers in season 1 for not having enough troopers? There were notable inconsistencys there for sure
Yup, Mando producers have used cosplayers in sizable numbers wearing their own (sometimes clearly identifiable as a particular cosplayer manufacturer's suit) costumes.

It clearly saved the production a huge amount in costume budgeting but I'm not sure it was worth it.

Yup, Mando producers have used cosplayers in sizable numbers wearing their own (sometimes clearly identifiable as a particular cosplayer manufacturer's suit) costumes.

It clearly saved the production a huge amount in costume budgeting but I'm not sure it was worth it.

There was some noticeable cost cutting in The Mandalorian and those Gamorreans were criminal.

Then came BOBF. Now there was some low budget low quality nonsense that never, ever should have made it into Star Wars period. Light literally passes through Boba Fett's flimsy plastic shoulder armor that he picked up at Dollar Tree.

There was some noticeable cost cutting in The Mandalorian and those Gamorreans were criminal.

Then came BOBF. Now there was some low budget low quality nonsense that never, ever should have made it into Star Wars period. Light literally passes through Boba Fett's flimsy plastic shoulder armor that he picked up at Dollar Tree.
Book of boba looked shockingly cheap at times

I don't know what it is.. but I just never liked these HT sand people. Somewhere in the face / eyes they just look wonky.

To me the Mando and ANH Tuskens look totally different, even if they share very similar elements. The robes, the smaller Mando-style head (along with noticeably smaller "John Lennon glasses" sized eye tubes) and differently styled hands/gloves are the main differences. The Mando versions look similar to PT Tuskens.
OK. Do you think Hot Toys would ever take these differences to heart and produce a New Hope Tusken? Staring at the screen used costume and reference photos in the book by Brandon Alinger "Star Wars Costumes The Original Trilogy" (a beautiful book BTW), the biggest difference to me is the sleeve length. I do not see the same differences you do. I wish Hot Toys spent more time to nail the details on such a basic figure but I am content. I will be more happy when his new robes arrive.

t514.jpg

t614.jpg

t714.jpg

t814.jpg

t914.jpg

t1013.jpg

t1113.jpg

t1213.jpg

t1313.jpg

Last edited:
While i wait cocoboloboy robe i have to Say this figure out of the box its already really cool!

Attachments

• IMG_20220504_170118.jpg
    IMG_20220504_170118.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_20220504_164629.jpg
    IMG_20220504_164629.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 21
Wanted to display my tusken close to Indiana Jones but side by side Indy look like a baby ...this creature Is huge,have to stay alone i think lol

Attachments

• IMG_20220504_200558.jpg
    IMG_20220504_200558.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_20220504_200611.jpg
    IMG_20220504_200611.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 51
15% off at Sideshow and $5 shipping.

SWC15

Got my order in - needed to pay off the Boba set and keeping an eye on the budget, but need at least one Tusken. Wish I could go for two, but Kuill and the new Mando $$$$$$ are priorities. 5$ shipping these days is pretty good.

Back