1/6 1/6 Tusken Raider Hot Toys [The Mandalorian]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Despite the production oddities, I still quite like him.

6208CA09-62E1-4755-A880-6EB13B61EA7D.jpeg

Sideshow are selling alot of returns from what I am seeing in collecting groups. Lucky I dontt buy from them

Sideshow should read this feedback from a customer

An opened figure is still an opened figure regardless of the reason for returning it. Selling it as a new and unopened figure without letting customers know would be considered shady. It is when selling on forums and such.

I'm very certain mine wasn't a return, at any rate. Just bad QC. I've requested replacement parts on the website.

Okay, before we start a panic based on anecdotal evidence, I’m going to give some input on this issue as I’ve been tracking it for a while now.

I am very critical of Sideshow when warranted, but I don’t think it’s alright to just say they sell returns “a lot”.

There have been some reports in the past of people receiving statues people have returned based on the edition number. Others have received figures and statues that feel like they’ve been opened because they didn’t come in a sealed shipper. That’s where most of the complaints seem to stem from.

There was a point about a year or so ago that I noticed the no shipper complaints reached an all time high. Sideshow’s standard excuse was that it’s because the shipper and/or figure box was damaged but the figure is still new. However, many buyers outside of Asia (who don’t even get shippers) don’t see it as such and regard a sealed shipper as new.

Even I got a figure without a shipper during this period which was the first and only time out of 249 orders with Sideshow. While the figure didn’t seem used per se, I still didn’t like it because it made it feel questionable at best. So I wrote them explaining why I didn’t feel that was acceptable, and encouraged others to do the same.

I think they took these complaints -
and probably losing some customers - seriously because they started something called Sideshow Seconds, where they sell these figures with damaged boxes separately now.

https://help.sideshow.com/hc/en-us/articles/4406773466139-Sideshow-Seconds
So while I am not defending them as a whole because they do get some things wrong, I’m currently willing to give them the benefit of the doubt on this because the practice seems to have dropped off.

They did lose some trust from me after that incident and didn’t buy from them for a while. I prefer to buy from authorized retailers anyway. But if someone needs to buy from Sideshow because it’s an exclusive or everywhere else is sold out, they should be okay.

Glad I’m not the only one, I broke two wrist pegs on this Tusken Raider. No issues on an my other figures before.

I ended up getting a replacement body and left hand (the one with the broken peg stuck in it) fromToy Anxiety — kind of pisses me off having to go this route. Hot Toys makes cool “looking stuff” but some of the materials they use are just cheap junk.

Last edited:
I ended up getting a replacement body and left hand (the one with the broken leg stuck in it) fromToy Anxiety — kind of pisses me off having to go this route. Hot Toys makes cool “looking stuff” but some of the materials they use are just cheap junk.
Worry no more theyre age is at its end

Congratulations!
I gotta ask…how many are in your tribe? I have 3 and another 3 from Sideshow but I am always humbled by the mighty Canadaclone.
10 ….pictures are coming, the sand in the display is a bit of a challenge…

Cruising around looking for a decent deal on this fig and came across Pop Collectibles' own in-hand pics and it really looks almost like what you'd imagine a Hasbro 12" Tusken figure would look like in 2022.

It feels like HT not even bringing its B game, so many corners cut.:(

I kind of felt the same way with the Imperial Gunner fig (which felt like a half-hearted quickie release) but this one almost seems more so.

Still planning to get this at the right price but to see such an iconic SW character given such half-hearted treatment is a little sad and to me lessens HT's status.

4rHCKBW.png

Last edited:
I cant believe people are sleeping on this figure. I would love a 1/6 bantha with junk mounted on its back.

I cant believe people are sleeping on this figure. I would love a 1/6 bantha with junk mounted on its back.

I'm not sleeping on it; funds are limited and I collect all kinds of stuff. I feel like I have to argue with myself over every purchase. But I definitely want a Tusken. Or two $$$$. Was determined to get the Boba set paid off first. And THEN am eyeing Kuill + blurrg which I think is a must $$$$.

Tho with getting more or less routine delay notices - I just got one for the Grogu accessory set #1 delayed to May - maybe we all don't have to worry. Because we won't see our orders until 2030.:monkey3

Just received mine today, it's actually pretty good. I'm not a big fan of the outer robe or the boots, but everything else is nice and I like the cloth wraps on the hands. Admittedly, I purchased one to go with my Nomad Fett but I'm kind of tempted to pick another one up and give him two buddies.

Agreed that the Mando Tusken fell a bit flat for me. I'm sure Hot Toys will do a perfect fully weathered ANH Tusken, with articulated ankles, and enrage all those who bought this one...

There are not many differences between ANH and Mando Tuskens so I doubt there will be another release. I could see Hot Toys doing the black robed version from Book of Boba. Looked so cool.

Agreed that the Mando Tusken fell a bit flat for me. I'm sure Hot Toys will do a perfect fully weathered ANH Tusken, with articulated ankles, and enrage all those who bought this one...
Im sure they wont. Its not a character they will visit again in the next 10 years I bet. Its rare for them to put focus on such characters and the fact this release hasnt been so popular hurts the chances even more

There are not many differences between ANH and Mando Tuskens so I doubt there will be another release. I could see Hot Toys doing the black robed version from Book of Boba. Looked so cool.
To me the Mando and ANH Tuskens look totally different, even if they share very similar elements. The robes, the smaller Mando-style head (along with noticeably smaller "John Lennon glasses" sized eye tubes) and differently styled hands/gloves are the main differences. The Mando versions look similar to PT Tuskens.

To me the Mando and ANH Tuskens look totally different, even if they share very similar elements. The robes, the smaller Mando-style head (along with noticeably smaller "John Lennon glasses" sized eye tubes) and differently styled hands/gloves are the main differences. The Mando versions look similar to PT Tuskens.
Tuskens are tuskens. They dont share a factory for their wardrobe 🤷‍♂️. There really isnt a right or wrong look.

Back