1/6 1/6 Tusken Raider Hot Toys [The Mandalorian]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Because then people would complain that they both have the same head shape and were both the same height with the exact same outfit and weathering.

You could easily have two different looking Tuskens with the ammo belts and weapons included. The snowtrooper and stormtrooper two-packs were exactly the same and they sold out...these would too...
I think it's more to do with HT being greedy as a two-pack would work out cheaper than buying two separate figures

Too clean but I'm otherwise starting to warm up to their overall look.

Looks better there.

Yeah, so long as you aren't trying to make this an ANH Tusken it's a nice looking figure. It actually matches the PT Tuskens pretty well too.

But almost everything is slightly different when you place the head next to an OT Tusken, even besides stuff like the neck scarf and different cloak - eye pipes, cheek tubes and "teeth" are smaller, the mouth is flatter to the face (the OT version has the whole mouth angled downward more.) The mouth surround straps have more "steps" in the Mando version.

Even the colors are a slightly different palette - the OT version is a little more yellow and the leather more reddish than the Mando/PT version.

This is the pre-production prototype costume on left, OT screen tusken on right and HT Mando Tusken fig in the middle with heads around the same size.

0of7IC0.png

It's interesting that people were initially rejoicing that so many cool OT characters like Biker Scout, Tusken and Jawa were getting major cameos in Mando because it meant HT figures of those characters, but because Mando has saved $$$ by using PT costumes or cosplayer costumes, what has ended up onscreen isn't quite the same as the OT versions, especially when HT tries to match what's onscreen so closely.

I wonder if one of the talented folks on here will make an alternate Tusken Raider sculpt, so that the people picking up more than one can have a slight variation in the sculpt and outfit.

There's nothing "fierce" about the look of the HT - it just looks goofy.

Yeah, so long as you aren't trying to make this an ANH Tusken it's a nice looking figure. It actually matches the PT Tuskens pretty well too.

But almost everything is slightly different when you place the head next to an OT Tusken, even besides stuff like the neck scarf and different cloak - eye pipes, cheek tubes and "teeth" are smaller, the mouth is flatter to the face (the OT version has the whole mouth angled downward more.) The mouth surround straps have more "steps" in the Mando version.

Even the colors are a slightly different palette - the OT version is a little more yellow and the leather more reddish than the Mando/PT version.

This is the pre-production prototype costume on left, OT screen tusken on right and HT Mando Tusken fig in the middle with heads around the same size.

0of7IC0.png

It's interesting that people were initially rejoicing that so many cool OT characters like Biker Scout, Tusken and Jawa were getting major cameos in Mando because it meant HT figures of those characters, but because Mando has saved $$$ by using PT costumes or cosplayer costumes, what has ended up onscreen isn't quite the same as the OT versions, especially when HT tries to match what's onscreen so closely.

I did not see myself passing up on these... but after closer inspection, the SSC tuskies still look the best with their OT styling of the facemasks, robes, fit etc.

These look cool, but they are too different for me. It would be like buying the Mando Biker scout, it's not the same imo.

They'll be fine enough for me, it's not like I've got any options though, I'm not going to pay $300+ for a Sideshow Tusken Raider or whatever they were going for.

The Sideshow Tusken is one of my favorites. Took a body swap and a lot of futzing but worth it.

If the show version looked more like the OT version, I?d be all over the Hot Toys version. Only a couple let downs for me on the show; the Tusken design being one of them.

Attachments

• 5CA63665-6935-469E-AAF9-904764243A2E.jpg
    5CA63665-6935-469E-AAF9-904764243A2E.jpg
    314.9 KB · Views: 122
I love my ssc tusken. I passed when it was released and paid more later on but I’m glad now as it was still a lot less than the ht one.

It's more of an OT vs Mando/Prequel costume design than it is Sideshow vs Hot toys design thing I'd say.

Well, I am officially at "zero" reward points at Sideshow. I threw my balance of RPs and a $25 discount code that was expiring at this Tusken Raider figure. I most likely order a second one later down the road but wanted to make sure that I have one reserved. Would have preferred an OT version but this will have to do. (and it does look pretty good, too.)

Well, I am officially at "zero" reward points at Sideshow. I threw my balance of RPs and a $25 discount code that was expiring at this Tusken Raider figure. I most likely order a second one later down the road but wanted to make sure that I have one reserved. Would have preferred an OT version but this will have to do. (and it does look pretty good, too.)

Yeah, I hope to use some RPs to pick this up...but with shipping delays I hafta wait on any RPs to be added as well. Would luv 2 but not sure I can swing it.

Yeah, I hope to use some RPs to pick this up...but with shipping delays I hafta wait on any RPs to be added as well. Would luv 2 but not sure I can swing it.

What stinks is the new "expiration" policy on the RPs that Sideshow put into effect. With the shipping delays, even if you were expecting several figures' RPs to clear within a short time-frame from each other, that's pretty much out the window now. Just look at the Beskar Mando w/Grogu set. I got mine months ago and yet many are still waiting for those to ship.

What stinks is the new "expiration" policy on the RPs that Sideshow put into effect. With the shipping delays, even if you were expecting several figures' RPs to clear within a short time-frame from each other, that's pretty much out the window now. Just look at the Beskar Mando w/Grogu set. I got mine months ago and yet many are still waiting for those to ship.

Especially considering that the new rules kick in at the beginning of next year for old points so you have to spend them before 2022 or lose them. Now lots of points that should have stacked on this year probably won't. They will then be much less valuable next year. Sideshow should extend the old rules another year because of the circumstances.

Just curious, can you buy a gift card with the RPs so that you can salvage them?

Just curious, can you buy a gift card with the RPs so that you can salvage them?

Never tried but will check next time I get a card. Am guessing not tho....not happy 'Coz I have delays on 2 figs in turn holding up points.

Looking forward to having a Tusken Raider finally! I had the og kenner toy! Now, the question is... one or two? The last time I asked this, the answer ended up being three! Lol

Last edited:
Back