1/6 - ThreeZero Mighty Morphin Power Rangers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did I order the 6 figure pack on sideshow yes! It currently on BOGO FYI. Also snagged a white ranger from Amazon. These guys do pop on a shelf and it’s a great deal on the set for those who are looking.

First Kevin Conroy and now JDF? My 90s heroes are dwindling.

I'm very glad to have ThreeZero's Green Ranger figure on my shelf. I was hoping to have JDF sign the base I have the figure on, but now I sadly won't have the chance.

First Kevin Conroy and now JDF? My 90s heroes are dwindling.

I'm very glad to have ThreeZero's Green Ranger figure on my shelf. I was hoping to have JDF sign the base I have the figure on, but now I sadly won't have the chance.
Six years ago, I went to a comic con in Dallas. I met JDF, Kevin Conroy, Carrie Fisher, Adam West, Stan Lee, and Tara Strong.

… I hope Tara’s doing okay.

Anyway, JDF was great. Clearly loved his fans. Stayed long after his time slot so everyone could see him. Signed way more stuff than I paid for or asked for. Took a photo with him. He saw my “Australia” shirt and chatted me up about his experience filming the movie in Sydney.

I knew he wasn’t perfect and had his demons, and Tommy was just a role, but I really appreciated how much he came to understand and care for what the series meant to generations of kids.

I’m no longer a kid, but I still wish I was cool as Tommy the legendary Power Ranger.

Threezero hasn’t announced any new PR figures, which is a shame. Regardless of JDF’s passing, I was/am hoping we’d get figures of his Zeo, Turbo, and Dino Thunder forms. I’d snatch them up in a heartbeat.

I was distraught when I found out JDF passed. I've always wanted to meet him, as he was a childhood hero, but alas it was not meant to be.

It did make me want to have a tribute shelf to him. I managed to snag Green and White Rangers at retail and since I had BBTS credit, I picked up Red Ranger to fight Green. I thought that would be a cool display from Green with Evil. My next pick up will prob be Drakkon.

I don't really have an interest in gathering the whole MMPR squad, but who knows. I may get there eventually. I really hope we get Drakkon Evo 3, Zeo Red, Turbo Red, and one of my all time favorites, Dino Thunder Black. Dino Thunder Black is just SO damn cool and I loved Tommy in that season. He played the mentor role so well and clearly enjoyed it.

I don't really have an interest in gathering the whole MMPR squad, but who knows. I may get there eventually. I really hope we get Drakkon Evo 3, Zeo Red, Turbo Red, and one of my all time favorites, Dino Thunder Black. Dino Thunder Black is just SO damn cool and I loved Tommy in that season. He played the mentor role so well and clearly enjoyed it.
My hope was for this line to keep going beyond just the MMPR days. I’m with you that Tommy’s Dino Thunder Black look is incredible and arguably his most under-appreciated suit. After Zeo and Turbo Red, this felt like a return to being a “special” Ranger again.
67a58542b92657e6e6e6b09c6c431884.jpg

You bet I’d pay for Threezero to make him. And the other forms.

I don’t want this to be all about Tommy, but JDF’s passing really makes me appreciate what I have, and I hate seeing demand for his figures starting to outstrip supply.

I don’t know if the Legend of the White Dragon project can finish now (shooting wrapped, but who knows what ADR is still needed), or if it would even be good, but that’s another really amazing JDF suit design I hope someone takes a crack at.
MV5BYzQyMTc5MjEtYjNhNC00MWFmLTg4MzQtZDVmMzZkM2VjMjU0XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyODUyMTE2MTU@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg

I’m not going to be getting over his death anytime soon, so definitely hope to see more people sharing their collections, nostalgia, or experiences with him.

Last edited:
My hope was for this line to keep going beyond just the MMPR days. I’m with you that Tommy’s Dino Thunder Black look is incredible and arguably his most under-appreciated suit. After Zeo and Turbo Red, this felt like a return to being a “special” Ranger again.
67a58542b92657e6e6e6b09c6c431884.jpg

You bet I’d pay for Threezero to make him. And the other forms.

I don’t want this to be all about Tommy, but JDF’s passing really makes me appreciate what I have, and I hate seeing demand for his figures starting to outstrip supply.

I don’t know if the Legend of the White Dragon project can finish now (shooting wrapped, but who knows what ADR is still needed), or if it would even be good, but that’s another really amazing JDF suit design I hope someone takes a crack at.
MV5BYzQyMTc5MjEtYjNhNC00MWFmLTg4MzQtZDVmMzZkM2VjMjU0XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyODUyMTE2MTU@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg

I’m not going to be getting over his death anytime soon, so definitely hope to see more people sharing their collections, nostalgia, or experiences with him.
I really hope they release his movie and promote the crap out of it. That project was his baby and will only add to his already immense legacy. If that movie is released in 2023, it’ll be right with the Power Rangers 30th anniversary.

26E9205C-57C6-4555-9A46-F05D0095A2C2.jpeg
5B115EB9-D9A3-4636-B6EF-89457E8FC129.jpeg

JDF was a child hood hero of mine and half the reason I wear green everyday. I’ve had the Ace Toyz Green Ranger since it was released and haven’t been super satisfied with it, after hearing of JDFs passing I jumped on the 3Z right away as I knew the price was going to skyrocket (I payed $120 shipped) and I’m more than happy with it, far better than the Ace version. I’m glad to finally have a great representation of him in my collection, may he Rest In Peace.

I'll be honest. Typically celebrity deaths don't really affect me. It's hard for me to really be sad over the loss of someone I didn't know. But JDF's death was different. This was a guy who defined my childhood. For about 3 years, every Christmas morning came with the hope that id get the new Tommy toy. Those who didn't grow up in the 90s never got the sense of just how massive this guy was in pop-culture back then.

I was lucky enough to meet him a couple of times, and once he randomly gave me a free autographed poster he had on him just because he got the sense of how much his character meant to me.

Each time he met a fan he went out of his way to make every one know how much he appreciated their support; taking the time to have a lengthy discussion with them, treating them as you would a close friend, and going above and beyond to make them feel special. Depression is a nasty beast, but I hope he had some sense of how he made a mark on everyone he met.

316530824_10160282363691605_7499645817646997617_n.jpg

I watched the Green With Evil five episode arc a couple nights ago. I have to say even though it’s nostalgic for me a lot of MMPR is pretty cheesy but I actually found that arc pretty good.

I actually ended up using a SS promo code and rewards to grab the whole team. I thought about it and getting all 6 for under 500 is a great deal.

But aside from that, Dino Thunder was so special because it had so much of what made the original so special: Tommy, dinos, evil ranger, creative zord swapping and stealing, and personal connections to antagonists. Dino Black and White are absolutely at the top of my list. I have Abaranger versions of them as 12" vinyl statues, but I'd love to replace them.

I always wanted to meet JDF, but never got the chance. I'm really bothered by that. He meant so much when I was a kid. I'm prob going to rewatch green with evil soon. I watched it a couple years ago and loved it, but it will hit different now.

I got them! Finally! Yesterday, I got an email from Kaiju Live saying that they had a Cyber Monday sale. I immediately went to their site and searched “Power Rangers”. The Threezeros all popped up at 25% off. They had one set of the 6-pack left and 1 White Ranger left. I got all 7 Rangers for $501! I’m stoked and can’t wait for them to arrive.

I got them! Finally! Yesterday, I got an email from Kaiju Live saying that they had a Cyber Monday sale. I immediately went to their site and searched “Power Rangers”. The Threezeros all popped up at 25% off. They had one set of the 6-pack left and 1 White Ranger left. I got all 7 Rangers for $501! I’m stoked and can’t wait for them to arrive.
I love these figures, and I’m sure you will too.

Nice deal. Any updates on your order? Wondering if the site is legit.

Back