1/6 - ThreeZero Mighty Morphin Power Rangers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It does look like ThreeZero pulled from a few different references for these.

That's quite interesting. I wonder what the thought process is behind that.

It may not have been a thought process, it might have been part of the license, they may have been told here are your reference materials, make your figures from this, and they didn't look beyond that.

It's certainly an aspect of the hobby I'd love to get a peak into.

Even with abundance of reference, companies still make mistakes. Hot Toys put full length tabbards in the back of their ROTS Obi-Wan figure when he never had that in any of the prequel films, makes you wonder why they even thought that was right.

In both cases, MMPR and Star Wars, there is no shortage of other figures to reference for these details in some way. I do know outside of select social media pages, MMPR reference shot aren't as abundant as we may like.

Power Rangers was my whole life as a kid; my absolute obsession but I couldn’t tell you if some helmet lines or proportions are a little off. I see these and think- yep, that’s the Power Rangers. I like 3A’s deeper colours more than Ace Toyz’ set and the helmets look a bit more refined, and you can’t argue with the price.

I’d imagine 3A’s reference images came from a whole range of sources throughout the decades so they just picked the elements they felt worked best together.

They could also be lining up options for variant figures.

They might release a Dino Thunder version just to make some more money off existing parts with a new paint, so now you have a shield true to that, and it's close enough to work for MMPR.

Dino_Thunder_Ep_27.jpeg

I got my set of 6 as well. I have a few nit picks. I didn't like how the belts kept moving around. And I felt that the body for the Black Ranger was a little to big for the chest. I'm also disappointed these figures didn't come with individual stands.

My Red and Green Rangers came today! All in all they look and feel great to me, especially for $100.00 each, hard to complain. Goes great with My MMPR #1 comic

Attachments

• 89795916-1283-4B7F-9A1E-C13FE0C7C0E7.jpeg
    89795916-1283-4B7F-9A1E-C13FE0C7C0E7.jpeg
    156.9 KB · Views: 79
  • 96100113-3DEE-447E-991B-43C12BB6D1C1.jpeg
    96100113-3DEE-447E-991B-43C12BB6D1C1.jpeg
    142 KB · Views: 84
  • C5006BAE-8F62-4F19-B3AE-EBCEC2C96496.jpeg
    C5006BAE-8F62-4F19-B3AE-EBCEC2C96496.jpeg
    155.2 KB · Views: 84
  • BF15B8B2-90DF-4509-9D85-9823A392C331.jpeg
    BF15B8B2-90DF-4509-9D85-9823A392C331.jpeg
    134.2 KB · Views: 74
  • 805DD5BD-DB9A-4946-A67F-6A60BCFEEC13.jpeg
    805DD5BD-DB9A-4946-A67F-6A60BCFEEC13.jpeg
    137.7 KB · Views: 79
Mine came in today (from SS) as well. I think there are better photographers out there to capture how nice the figures look, but while I was packing up my Ace Toyz set, I snapped a pic of how similar and vastly different the weapons were.

Left is Ace Toyz, Right is Threezero.
571EBBBC-8E65-4585-8684-FDC1D3FB1CFF.jpeg

I'm also disappointed these figures didn't come with individual stands.
ThreeZero did not give stands to any of their 1/6th figures at all from what I understand [GoT: The Complete Line of characters, X-Files: Mulder and Scully, The Great Wall - Commander Lin, Walking Dead, Breaking Bad, GI Joe: Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow (I'm also betting no stand for the PX Cameo Shadow)], etc...

Not figure related but the first two seasons are made officially free on Youtube if anyone wants to rewatch the show. I grew out of Power Rangers shortly after they replaced the 3 main cast and pretty much stopped watching, even as a kid I didn't appreciate the abrupt change of actors and gave up on it. That said I'm definitely getting the figures!

Not figure related but the first two seasons are made officially free on Youtube if anyone wants to rewatch the show. I grew out of Power Rangers shortly after they replaced the 3 main cast and pretty much stopped watching, even as a kid I didn't appreciate the abrupt change of actors and gave up on it. That said I'm definitely getting the figures!
Rocky was a horrible replacement for the Red Ranger but, with Jason gone, it cemented Tommy's role as the leader of the Rangers. I missed Trini, didn't mind Aisha. I liked Zack but Adam became one of my all-time favorites throughout the Zordon Era.

That's why I'm quite glad Super7 is including the original and replacement actor head sculpts for each Ranger's release.

Mine came in today (from SS) as well. I think there are better photographers out there to capture how nice the figures look, but while I was packing up my Ace Toyz set, I snapped a pic of how similar and vastly different the weapons were.

Left is Ace Toyz, Right is Threezero.
View attachment 541351
My only nit pick us 3zero is missing the filled in details on the sword,daggers, and power Lance.

Zyu-ar-sword-big.jpg
Power_dagger_mmpr.jpg
Zyu-ar-lance-big.jpg

@mustang33guy - What's deal with Brent (Data) and Martina (Troi) in the TV background of the first pic that you posted? Are you secretly a Trekker as well... :cautious:

Does anybody know if there is any difference at all in buying the 6 figures in the single boxes
vs. getting the 6-pack? I know it is a few bucks more individually, but you still get the magnetic feature
to form the power blaster and everything, right?

Just wanted to make sure I was not missing some specific accessory to the DX set...
as I kind of prefer the individual boxes.

I really hope ThreeZero decides to go into other seasons. Would specifically love a 1/6 set of these teams:

- Alien Rangers (I know... long shot, but would be very simple suits and accessories for them to manufacture)
- Zeo
- In Space
- Dino Thunder

And while they would be 100% unique sculpts, I think these two would sell really well...

- Lord Zedd
- Goldar

I don't mind that they did Drakkon, but would rather they do stuff from the shows instead of the comics.

Last edited:
Does anybody know if there is any difference at all in buying the 6 figures in the single boxes
vs. getting the 6-pack? I know it is a few bucks more individually, but you still get the magnetic feature
to form the power blaster and everything, right?

Just wanted to make sure I was not missing some specific accessory to the DX set...
as I kind of prefer the individual boxes.
Yes everything is the same. I'm going with the individual boxes.

Back