1/6 The Fly - Seth Brundle / Jeff Goldblum & TELEPOD!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: WIP - 1/6 The Fly / Seth Brundle / Jeff Goldblum head sculpt

Very nice!!

really awesome. I am interested

Thanks hairbag and pcleemake!
I've adjusted the eyes a bit and added the bump on the bridge of his nose and I think I'll stop making anymore changes so I don't accidentally mess something up.
I've also finished the back of his hair, which I know will probably never be seen when displayed, but I had fun sculpting it :)
8.jpg

Last edited:

excellent.....fly head next?

Thanks georgieboy26! That's a big maybe on the fly head :)

Anyway, the mold came out great and I was able to finally pull a cast this evening:
9.jpg

I can't wait to paint him and see what the figure will look like completed :)

Really excellent work! I know it's not the priority; but if you do the kind of half transformed head I'd be totally in for one. I love the movie, but I always prefer the monster to the man :lol

hey buddy, I saw your thread. just a heads up, I think for 55 dollars a head, most people don't want the additional work of drilling out the bottom. =/

hey buddy, I saw your thread. just a heads up, I think for 55 dollars a head, most people don't want the additional work of drilling out the bottom. =/

I'm not in the business of trying to make money with this sculpt but I didn't want to undervalue my work either. I did this because I personally wanted one and so did a friend of mine, so if no one else is interested, I'll just move on to another project, no biggie. However, if fans of the movie and the character want one, I want to make it available for them.

Last edited:

yea man, its a beautiful sculpt. I love it

Thanks! I'm hoping to have this painted in the next day or so. I'm so excited to see what the finished piece will look like since I've been staring at a grey face for too long ;) lol.

whats going to be your next project?

Finishing a resculpt of this to be Ian Malcolm from Jurassic Park, then I may go back to some Doctor Who sculpts.
54c2673f-9fcf-4c9b-9f95-06194dda21fb.jpg

very nice!! dude, you should make a poll and ask what people want to see you make

Payment sent for Seth Brundle / Jeff Goldblum head sculpt, thanks buddy!

Actually that's not atypical... I find about 1/2 the heads I paint for customers need to be drilled out, and some cost a lot more than $55 :lol

However, one way around that is to make the mold so that the opening in the neck is part of the cast. It's not always a perfect fit, but it's easier to open up a hole in the neck than to completely make one.

Back