1/6 The Fly - Seth Brundle / Jeff Goldblum & TELEPOD!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I didn't want to bog down my Doctor Who WIP thread with non related sculptures, so I figured I'd move my WIP of Seth Brundle / Goldblum here.
Here's what it looked like on Saturday when I started:
2.jpg

Here it is as of yesterday:
3.jpg

Here it is as of today with slightly larger eyes. I'm not doing the extremely wide eyes as the side by side picture since that's a bit bug eyed (pardon the pun).
3COMP.jpg

Still have lots more refinement to do, but I think it's coming along nicely. I'll also be working more with the hair soon.
My co-worker put me up to doing this sculpt since he's a big horror movie fan and I've loved The Fly movies, so I was motivated to do this.

Last edited:
Re: WIP - 1/6 The Fly / Seth Brundle / Jeff Goldblum head sculpt

I'd love to see him further down the line of the transformation but that looks really good.

Great likeness! You don't see too many customs from Cronenberg films, and that's a shame.

Likeness is there....really good job so far.

Great start.

Needs bigger eyes, slightly wider mouth, square off the chin a bit more flat, maybe the nostrils could flare out more a tad.

Looks great man! I'd love to see a version of him mid-transformation.

Thanks everyone! I'm really excited about this project since I've loved the movie for a long time and I have a few things planned for this.
I squared off the chin and will be widening the eyes a bit more and then finalize the hair.
I'll do my personal copy first and then maybe offer it down the road if there is enough interest.

Mid transformation would be cool since I haven't seen one of those, but there has already been a fully transformed kit in the past.
It would be a fun sculpt since I haven't done any creature sculpt at this scale before.

Mid-trans would be awesome! Give the figure those two canes and some cookies. :)

"Let's see how Brundlefly... eats."

Very nice. I considered doing a mid transformation at some point but you've got a great jumping off point. :wink1:

Still working on tweaking a few things, but I think the larger eyes definitely made this closer to Jeff Goldblum. I bought the bluray of The Fly this weekend and finally had some good reference as I sculpted.
6.jpg
4COMP.jpg

Last edited:

Still working on tweaking a few things, but I think the larger eyes definitely made this closer to Jeff Goldblum. I bought the bluray of The Fly this weekend and finally had some good reference as I sculpted.
6.jpg
4COMP.jpg

very nice!! c'mon man, start giving us prices or setting a list so we can get this started! =)

Thanks eastlosfinest! I never really expect when I start these projects that other folks may be interested in my sculpts since I still consider myself a novice in sculpting in this scale, but I'll make sure to make this available to anyone interested when I'm done.
I'm also working on the blueprints to do a 1:6 scale telepod to go along with my figure, so hopefully I can get that done as well:
telepod-drawing.jpg

cant wait to see the painted version and the clothes

Thanks lecter83 and eastlosfinest!
I'm almost done with the sculpt and have recently purchased a coat that would work well enough for the build since I can't find the accurate tweed jacket for him. I also hand tied his necktie.
Anyway, I need to switch the buttons to the opposite side, purchase a dark grey pants and brown shoes and a watch and he should be complete.
If/when I finish the telepod, that would be an easy costume to make to display him inside it ;) lol
BODY.jpg

Back