1/6 Star Ace Toys - The Boys - Butcher & Homelander Collectible Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's your $300 Star Ace Butcher figure. 🤡

bs9p62i.jpg
H4wFWed.jpg

I think it's worse. At least the default Homelander head has some likeness in the base sculpt.

The sculpt is actually good, but SA reallllly needs to work on this paint. They aren’t “new” anymore, they really should be doing better paint apps for those prices.

Hmm. Potentially salvageable for the skilled painters among us and the tailoring doesn’t look bad but Star Ace doesn’t deserve any props for the way they’re fleecing anyone still foolish enough to give them a chance.

They're casting process is really horrible. The digital sculpts tend to look pretty great over all. Whenever they get printed>casted, they turn out incredibly soft lacking much of the detail from the digital sculpt. Then add the dated paint apps that look like early 2000s Hot Toys and you get this.

Last edited:
My SooSoo Butcher showed up today and it looks 10x better than this and it was $100 cheaper, even the grinning head sculpt which isn't as accurate looks way better than whatever that is. Going with SooSoo Homelander is a no brainer at this point. Snapped a quick shot before going into work today

Attachments

• 20220707_171145.jpg
    20220707_171145.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 0
My SooSoo Butcher showed up today and it looks 10x better than this and it was $100 cheaper, even the grinning head sculpt which isn't as accurate looks way better than whatever that is. Going with SooSoo Homelander is a no brainer at this point. Snapped a quick shot before going into work today
I don’t think either of them are great tbh, rather just not have any figure until someone makes one that actually works for me.

I don’t think either of them are great tbh, rather just not have any figure until someone makes one that actually works for me.
What do you find off about the SooSoo version? I think the neutral headsculpt is pretty accurate, the grinning head is a bit of a miss but I think I am going to bloody it up to give him that unhinged look he gets when fighting. Other than that, I feel like the jacket could be a tad darker and maybe a little dirtier but I'm pretty happy with the end result. The overall quality is much better than Star Ace at least, and with them having the license I don't think we are going to get another official release for a while.

What do you find off about the SooSoo version? I think the neutral headsculpt is pretty accurate, the grinning head is a bit of a miss but I think I am going to bloody it up to give him that unhinged look he gets when fighting. Other than that, I feel like the jacket could be a tad darker and maybe a little dirtier but I'm pretty happy with the end result. The overall quality is much better than Star Ace at least, and with them having the license I don't think we are going to get another official release for a while.
Doesn’t look very accurate to me. It’s not terrible, it’s just okay and to me just okay isn’t good enough.

It’s better than Star Ace, but that’s not exactly hard to accomplish.

I’d rather just go without than have a figure I’m not totally in love with.

Doesn’t look very accurate to me. It’s not terrible, it’s just okay and to me just okay isn’t good enough.

It’s better than Star Ace, but that’s not exactly hard to accomplish.

I’d rather just go without than have a figure I’m not totally in love with.
If ya don't love it, then it's not worth it. Nothing wrong with that. I personally just love the series and I'm happy to have what I consider a good looking representation of Butcher in my collection. Down the road if another company does a new figure and they have a more accurate headsculpt I might just grab one off ebay if I think it's worth it.🍻

Doesn’t look very accurate to me. It’s not terrible, it’s just okay
Just received him a week or so ago and totally agree with you. The quality of the sculpt is excellent and very detailed, but the likeness isn't there. I thought he looked very much like the character in videos, but in hand, not at all. I noticed Eleven/Kai Studio have been on and off working on a pretty great head over the past couple of years and posted an update a few days ago, so I'll swap for theirs if it ever gets made. I commend Soosoo for how decent the figure feels for the money, but quality and accuracy are different things.

I don't get it. Third party companies do better paint jobs. Can't they just look for better factories?

Back