1/6 Star Ace Toys - The Boys - Butcher & Homelander Collectible Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Star Ace is proud to announce a partnership with Sony in producing fully licensed 1/6 scale collectible figures from the hit Prime television show The Boys. Here's a sneak preview of Butcher and Homelander. Pending approval.

Sculpts are done by Vimal Kerketta.

148962684_3825230817603625_9128254233660263400_o.jpg

148922245_3825231157603591_7343803491864775815_o.jpg

Awwww no. I was excited for about 2 seconds. Floppy bodies, ****** tailoring. I want these to be as good as their McQueen but **** sake...Star Ace got the license?

Yeah I'm happy to see a company do these officially but Star Ace is probably the last company I would have hoped to have gotten it. Would have rather seen Threezero get it or something. Low expectations for whatever Star Ace puts out with these two.

Will probably stick with SooSooToys version or get both and mash together the best figure.

4__95325.1608019508.1000.1200.jpg

143742461_123786066266400_8493715947664540437_n.jpg

How in the ever loving **** does Star Ace keep aquiring these fantastic licenses? The Vimal sculpts still need some tweaking, but they definitely look good, at least it's some consolation, anyway pretty disappointing news, out of all brands Star Ace is the one that definitely should not have gotten the rights, boggles my mind how they're still operating.

Threezero would have done a great line. Vimal's sculpts are always close but not quite there. SooSoo Toys have better likenesses.

I really hate it too when a company like this gets a license you want. It'll be ages in between updates and releases and whatever they show they likely won't tweak before release.

****!

These the guys that make those absolutely awful looking Harry Potter and LOTR figures?

These the guys that make those absolutely awful looking Harry Potter and LOTR figures?

LOTR is done by Asmus, but Star Ace does do Harry Potter and some others like Kill Bill The Bride. They always look bad. Asmus is looking better with recent releases and great with the Gandalf release. I don't know if I've ever seen a good Star Ace product.

LOTR is done by Asmus, but Star Ace does do Harry Potter and some others like Kill Bill The Bride. They always look bad. Asmus is looking better with recent releases and great with the Gandalf release. I don't know if I've ever seen a good Star Ace product.

Nah Star Ace also do LOTR apparently. They look terrible. Also the head in the second photo is so obviously photoshopped on lmao.

l4V56vc.png

TDUm9Z8.png

My only issue with Star Ace are the paint apps, very small hands (since they use the teenage scaled hands for their adult characters too) and their weird ankle joint system that never allows for any articulation. Out of all the Star Ace figures I own, I’ve never had any issue with floppy bodies. As a matter of fact, all mine have super tight joints. Sideshow bodies are the ones that are floppy IMO.

So far it’s looking like there are three unlicensed and one licensed Homelander figures and one unlicensed and one licensed Butcher in the works. Unfortunately, not one peep about any of the other characters from the show. Hopefully that’s not a trend. I don’t have much faith in Star Ace, but maybe they’ll surprise everyone. The digital sculpts look good, although Homelander’s face seems kind of wide. I’m still leaning towards SooSoo, provided the line doesn’t get derailed.

The Butcher sculpt isn’t by Vimal, but by Waruna. Waruna posted on his IG and Facebook.

Homelander looks like Vimal’s style though.

Oh huh, a 1/8 scale line. I hate randomly sized lines lol.

It’s nothing new for them, though I will agree it’s an interesting choice of scale. But, they have the main CW DC characters in 1/8 as well as some Harry Potter figures at that scale as well, so it is not like this Aragorn is their only 1/8 scale figure. However, like most SA figures, the digital sculpt for that Aragorn is actually really good, but scaled down and then their terrible paint apps take away from the likeness; not to mention the price of these 1/8 Aragorn figures are almost $200, so might as well spend a little more and get the larger Asmus figure.

It'd be great if these did turn out well... but this is Star Ace, all of their production pieces end up looking like junk to me.

Point of clarification: Star Ace makes the awful LOTR figures, Asmus makes the excellent LOTR figures.
Some of their figures that are several years old are some of my overall favorites, even in a room filled with some of the best releases from Hot Toys.
Asmus are not getting better, they have been pretty great for years now.

Would you guys rather Hot toys get the license and only make one figure or none at all?

Back