1/6 Star Ace Toys - The Boys - Butcher & Homelander Collectible Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Waiting to see how this turns out reminds me of being a kid at Christmas hoping to get a Playstation 2 and not a Dreamcast. I'm locked in either way.

I just ordered the 5 heads set from premium toys.

But was just wondering if Star Ace’s version is gonna be worth saving?

I really want to bodyswap it, maybe repaint the boots and gloves and then use one of the 4 other headsculpts from premium toys on it and boom. A second homelander.

Because so many returned their Star Ace homelander the price is dropping drastically. So its relatively cheap for a suit, accessories and a nice base. The rest I can literally just throw in the bin. Maybe I can use the body for another project..

Has anyone attempted to bodyswap? The body underneath is a phicen M33 or something like that right?

I just ordered the 5 heads set from premium toys.

But was just wondering if Star Ace’s version is gonna be worth saving?

I really want to bodyswap it, maybe repaint the boots and gloves and then use one of the 4 other headsculpts from premium toys on it and boom. A second homelander.

Because so many returned their Star Ace homelander the price is dropping drastically. So its relatively cheap for a suit, accessories and a nice base. The rest I can literally just throw in the bin. Maybe I can use the body for another project..

Has anyone attempted to bodyswap? The body underneath is a phicen M33 or something like that right?
That’s not a bad plan. The dreadful reputation of this figure will inevitably lead to drastic sales to shift it that will make it a relative bargain for a costume set and a phicen body.
You just need to strike at the right time.
However, the costume will probably be pretty large seeing as it looks more like they went with M34, which is basically the bulkiest body out there.
It could look baggy on any other body.

Kit started sending emails notifying of incoming invoices for the Premium Toys with the shipping around January 8th.
~~
Hi there

Premium toys PM9105 Set of 5 - 1/6 Scale Hero Head Sculpt with extra body will be ready to ship around 8th January

We are sending invoices first so we can ship it to you instantly when they arrive our warehouse

Thank you for your kind attention
~~
Are you exciteeeeed???

what SooSoo will produce- if they ever get around to releasing their Homelander
Ah, that is what has been bugging me for quite some time. They have released other figures when this was announced long ago. That was also the reason why I jumped on this train. Still, would like to see some photos at least of the final product before I pay it off.

IMG_20230117_072529.jpg
Billy Butcher from Star Ace. Replaced the body and boots.🧐

Man how many people are buying this cral that Star Ace can justify continuing this line?

F0E17B87-A2EA-44E9-B20C-CD5ED9C499E4.jpeg
F7468EB2-0E83-4519-8131-91B912D8574E.jpeg
FE36A123-459D-4AF8-BBB0-3CD337E54D04.jpeg
22D96DFB-45E1-4EBC-A62B-FF72A2F46352.jpeg

I appreciate they made a licensed figure, but not with that quality and price. This feels like a mid-tier third party company, like SW Toys or the likes. And is the head sculpt by Waruna? I can feel his style, but I don't think this is really good.

The reality that Star Ace is the one with this license continues to depress me to no end. I would absolutely love a figure of Maeve on the shelf-- but Lord knows if I order this I'll end up with a half-painted figure of Celine Dion, instead.
If that's the prototype, it looks like a kitbash, imagine the final product.

Look at how lazily that costume has been made, that dreadful face, the Barbie hair, and they've even photoshopped the wrist seems to smooth them over. What's upsetting is that this is the first figure they've done where there isn't already another option available so it might actually sell if people have fomo of never getting a 3P Maive! Stay strong, Nerds. Star Ace do not deserve your money. No one should be encouraging or rewarding this sort of mediocrity.

Last edited:
Someone please bring this company out back in the barn and put it out of its misery.

We really lost Inart doing The Boys for this ****. Good lord. 🤡

ozL6FNg.png
Lets say I like the HS for the females for generic fantasy characters.

Back