1/6 SSC Hoth Luke Skywalker (Echo Base) Modification Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
50AD1CB4-1139-4C53-8B4E-97C79EBF5606.jpeg
EEF7D5AF-F77A-4A2B-A10F-62A5527C6D88.jpeg

When is a third party going to make some Hoth Rebel Troopers? Ideally, just a clothing set, so we can get some variation in their heads. I would get at least 3. Plenty of money lying on the table.

So here what it looks like, Most of this is the snowspeeder Luke with the SSC pants, shirt, vest, and headgear. The boots, pants, and vest are all too close in color but overall I like it. I plan on making a X-wing Luke with the flightsuit parts, and I may swap gloves & boots on my hoth Han as well. The SSC gloves are huge

View attachment 587216 View attachment 587217View attachment 587218View attachment 587219
Great job! Did you use the Snowspeeder body as well? Looks like there some padding too. Is that from the Snowspeeder Luke?

Starting my mods on my Sideshow Luke..

View attachment 588066

Takes me right back to when people were doing this mod back when this figure first released. Some pretty bad pics were the first ones shown and there was a lot of outrage in this thread :lol.

I'm still happy to have the Sideshow Hoth lineup though, and I regret not buying a second Tauntaun for Han. At the time $350 seemed like too much :slap

Changed the body from the DX07 to the Snowspeeder and added the gloves, boots, head, belt, blaster, and hilt. Still need to dye the vest but this is much improved.

The first pic is with the fatsuit but the belt barely closed. Sideshow belt wasn’t much better but the holster is lower on the Snowspeeder Luke so I went with that one.
4BCF95BB-8230-45D8-B96F-574FC8F31380.png

Second pic is with the fatsuit removed and it works much better in my opinion.
2DD776E2-E3E8-4E58-86CB-1A68D3C28AAD.jpeg

Chaka, is it difficult to take off the hat and reassemble it again?
Its not too difficult, but it can be. The hat separates in two pieces. Just follow the seam with an exact knife and begin working it apart. Just be patient and work slowly.

You will also have to hollow out the top a bit to get the dx07 sculpt to fit properly. I still need to work on mine a bit, but this should give you the idea....

20220716_080506.jpg

Changed the body from the DX07 to the Snowspeeder and added the gloves, boots, head, belt, blaster, and hilt. Still need to dye the vest but this is much improved.

The first pic is with the fatsuit but the belt barely closed. Sideshow belt wasn’t much better but the holster is lower on the Snowspeeder Luke so I went with that one.
View attachment 588711

Second pic is with the fatsuit removed and it works much better in my opinion.
View attachment 588712
Looks awesome Jim. Nice work!

Looks awesome Jim. Nice work!
Thank you! Bringing new life to an old figure. If Hot Toys does eventually produce this figure I’m wondering if they will use this sculpt, their new one from the Bespin and Mando Luke, or a brand new one?

Just a mock-up of what it may look like.

Attachments

• 1706FB11-8764-4C40-A4A8-12645C6707D9.jpeg
    1706FB11-8764-4C40-A4A8-12645C6707D9.jpeg
    211.8 KB · Views: 0
Thank you! Bringing new life to an old figure. If Hot Toys does eventually produce this figure I’m wondering if they will use this sculpt, their new one from the Bespin and Mando Luke, or a brand new one?

Just a mock-up of what it may look like.
Amazing looking Luke Hoth.

Hot toys cmon!!

Back