1/6 SSC - A Nightmare on Elm Street: Freddy Krueger Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm glad the hat's not removeable. If the hat is removeable it ALWAYS is a little too big. I have yet to see any figure, mass-market or custom, where the removeable hat doesn't look a little too big.
The ideal would be a sculpt with the hat on, and a 2nd sculpt without.

But without that option, I would always prefer a sculpted hat.

Thats another good option, but I dont see that with Sideshows cutting corners policy.

A sculpt with hat (with magnets and removable to hold on his hand) and then a second hatless /bald sculpt

Nice. Gotta say the sculpt on this and the Mezco 1:12 are really giving the customs a run for their money. I recently checked out a review of the Beto Dream Warriors Freddy and wasn't very impressed. The default head sculpt looked like Jason knocked out his teeth or something.

This doesn't look like Robert Englund at all.

Anyone know of a good freddy sculpt that we can use to replace the one sideshow did? They really needed multiple expressions for him
I did a new sculpt.
ee8b3b49c286b9de0d50b3c3f4eb99ab.jpg
e55e50bd4c39f3d902a330d4c6c637b1.jpg
bef3a7584482d2f8dbb1309f584e4b05.jpg
cd47380318604c12847004612077a747.jpg
af35de1ee6d906a32098ce62a07b3892.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

I hope it’s still there when I finish up my Leatherface Plan. I still have to pay my last installment on Jason lol

Don’t mean to resurrect the dead but, it’s Freddy….is he honestly really ever dead? Anyway I was one of the guys out there wondering if SS did anything to the 2nd release figures and the answer is yes. First off if you look back in this thread and I posted a lot for modding the original exclusive Freddy figure I had back in 2019. I posted on how to tightening the body by wrapping the pivot balls (I still do this but with heat shrink tubing) and using Future (now Pledge) floor wax to get the wet look for the burns, and later painting the green stripes on the sweater, and removing and lowering the hat by cutting his top head peg down, and even changing out the original brown pants because they were a little tight on my figure and were always caught over his boot tops which drove my OCD through the roof.

Anyway due to Covid and being out of work I sold off 99% of my collection and just now started to buy back what’s important to me which is my horror pieces. I’ve waited to pick up Freddy because of all the mods I had to do before…and honestly I don’t have that kinda time anymore to sink into a figure to make them displayable. Long story short I finally picked him up, and left him in the box until today and I was pleasantly surprised. First off SS fixed the body it isn’t rag doll like in the middle (I wasn’t expecting that because their Scream figure had the RDS - rag doll syndrome - give generously 😝) he did have loose biceps (a first) which you could spin like a top with the sweater off. A little plumbers tape around the cut joint and it was fixed. BUT for those wondering - the stripes on the sweater this time are green. Dark green but green. At first I thought I was losing my mind and I went back to my old picture and I wasn’t seeing things. My first figure’s stripes were black. Not like “black” but straight up black. The pants are also bigger this time around almost baggy big which I’m not complaining about at all. Lastly it looks like they made the hat a fraction bigger maybe?? Or maybe a different type of vinyl where it didn’t shrink so much out of the mold?? Something happened because it doesn’t appear to be too small for his head this time around. It sits the same but with my first release you could literally see Freddy’s forehead from a straight on shot because the brim was so small and it looked like it was sitting back on his head….that’s not that case this time. I still hate the hats attached but someone at SS did change some stuff up and it’s appreciated. With that said, I’ll miss my first release because I put so much time in effort into him, but it hurts a lot less having this guy in my collection.

1st release where the hat sat back and is small look at the top, so much more forehead showing in a straight on shot too.
014ABDBA-3CE9-4587-A619-6BB1C0ABF017.jpeg

Next tried my hardest to catch the green color of the sweater but my flash kinda washed it out. The later picture of him in the Detolf with LED lighting it shows better.
Also tried to show the size and the fit of the pants.

A29BA216-8FE8-4047-BDF6-392E134D09F7.jpeg
D5B9674A-E0A0-4634-8D71-094408B1BA47.jpeg
0D6180DB-A0B5-4B8D-9582-6F8D521FEA89.jpeg

260F42F7-7535-49E4-AC48-7F554D66DCB6.jpeg

Here is a pic of my old figure after I did the hat mod and lowered, but gives you a good idea of the sweater stripe color. Mine was black even under bright lights. The sweater was also fuzzier to me on the first figure. As to the Hat if you look at that hat placement this was after me modding the figure and cutting the top of the head peg and dremeling the inside of the hat then I finally got it to set down low and look proper…

1st
B4DFF578-E3AB-4EC4-AA25-D6F87E6ADDF4.jpeg

Yet here is the new one out of the box…
D9F8531B-72AA-4005-9108-FF811CFA2981.jpeg
6747C0A1-276C-481E-B62F-3D4E23D4E753.jpeg

Still need to weather the clothes a bit, and do my Floor Wax to his scars to give it that wet look, but so far I’m over the moon. Here he is in his new home with some of his brethren.

AAD926E4-DCF6-48CD-82FE-C112ABC96712.jpeg
BBF1A012-D37D-44FC-BF5D-72E528C6053B.jpeg
59C7868B-DC2A-44F1-A6DC-6CB831D47ED7.jpeg
6ACA669D-5A21-41E7-980F-5B2198BF7305.jpeg

Attachments

• DB648238-FE01-42C8-B0F8-923C365CC264.jpeg
    DB648238-FE01-42C8-B0F8-923C365CC264.jpeg
    204.7 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
The sweater does look different, and better. Don't forget, just because these things are made in a factory, doesn't mean they are exact copies each and every time. Everyone is going to be slightly different given they are still made by humans. Even machine made stamping and casting have variations. It always seems the longer the run, the better the paint and assembly of figures. Even the great and powerful Hot Toys seems to work out the process through production.

Yes, I was going to say, between the photos of the 1st and 2nd release hat, my first release looks more like the 2nd.

In profile the front brim is just as low as it is on the 2nd, in line with his eyebrow region.

The only pictures I can find of him are from when he happened to be photo bombing Anton:

51313858419_1169abc380_o.jpg

Not great because I was trying to photograph Anton's sculpt without the flash too close, so Freddy's lurking in the shadows.

The sweater also has green stripes, not black. It's a muddy-green, not far off the real thing having just looked at some photos.

It seems more like variations across batches, as I never felt as disappointed with him as some did.

Looks like they tightened up the screen printing of the sweater for sure. Maybe got a better batch of fabric for the sweater too.
I know my output is kind of a curve when it comes to production. The start is good but as I do more it gets better and cleaner but then tapers back down towards the end of production as I grow bored of making hundreds. I'm sure something similar happens with figures.
I do like the new sweater. May have to try and track down a replacement.

Looks like they tightened up the screen printing of the sweater for sure. Maybe got a better batch of fabric for the sweater too.
I know my output is kind of a curve when it comes to production. The start is good but as I do more it gets better and cleaner but then tapers back down towards the end of production as I grow bored of making hundreds. I'm sure something similar happens with figures.
I do like the new sweater. May have to try and track down a replacement.
Yeah I’m sure guys like Toy Anxiety and Monkey Depot and others will have break downs for those looking for parts.

O was curious about heat shrink for floppy body syndrome, What you do there?

My guy is like a drunken sailor…..

BUT my hat looks pretty good?

O was curious about heat shrink for floppy body syndrome, What you do there?

My guy is like a drunken sailor…..

BUT my hat looks pretty good?
I take the mid section apart and put heat shrink tubing cut to size over the ball joints - heat it up - then put everything back together. Which gives the joints the tension they need to hold a pose. I use to use masking tape over the ball joints - if you look back in this thread you’ll see we’re I did it to my first Freddy. My newer method is the heat shrink tubing which is cleaner, neater. Also these methods are reversible if you should ever want to. If you look up the Sideshow 1/6 Scream Ghostface figure thread you can see how I did it to that body as well. That particular figure was a full on rag doll out of the box. Even on the stand my Ghostface would fall forward or backward. Hope that helps.

"Every town has an Elm Street!"

Updated my Sideshow Freddy with a custom "Version 3" from Legio7Workshop. I love his V2 and I think its one of the best likenesses to Robert out there. But it lacked a more expressive portrait which this one nails. The two sculpts compliment each other nicely IMO.

wish this had moveable eyes though. That would point it over the top.
Picsart_22-02-01_15-04-46-740.jpg
PSX_20220201_180552.jpg
PSX_20220201_180524.jpg
Picsart_22-02-01_18-09-31-996.jpg
PSX_20220201_180708.jpg
20220201_131942.jpg

Back