1/6 Space marines.....

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dorgmal Snow

Super Freak
Reaction score
Well I am pretty new to this section but I have been polluting the custom Star Wars section with my dollies for a while...

A few chaps are making Warhammer Space Marines so I thought I would start a thread for folks to show em off....

Its all work in progress as always but here is some of mine...

I have lots and lots of pics :)

marine413.jpg

marine402.jpg

marine304.jpg

marine356.jpg

Re: 40K Space marines.....

Yep Dorgs is the Master of all things 1/6 Star Wars, but I managed to veer him off in a different direction on this occasion and onto the joint 1/6 Space Marines project. elvis1976 also jumped in and supplied us with the Powerfists and also great advice.

Here's my 3 Space Marines:peace

P1030117.jpg

P1030159.jpg

P1030150.jpg

P1030173.jpg

P1030038.jpg

P1030051.jpg

Last edited:

Well I thought I would explain a wee bit about this little project....

Some time ago CrimsonBob and my self were having a gas about our dream figures... and both of us loved the WarHammer 40K Space MArines... neither of us had played the game but we both loved the design.... so we thought we would have a go at making a few..

Cbob was just getting into sculpting and stuff and I was ok at casting...... So between the pair of us we were pretty sorted....

We started with the armour..
I made a shoulder pad and Cbob started on the weapons and backpack... it was not long and we were hooked!!

the armour came together quite quick and Cbob did an amazing job on the shins, feet and elbows whilst I fiddled with the rest...

Then Cbob made a helm and it was coming along nicely...

marine19.jpg

As soon as the bolter was made it came alive and I started casting parts...

marine17.jpg

marine16.jpg

We spent ages on it then realised that they were just to small :( they would have to be at least 14" to be 1/6th.... but the lack of 14" bodies was gonna be a nightmare so we thought we would just have to live with it.

ahhh darn it I did not think you wanted to admit that hahahhaha....

I have never played, never, never... honest... not even once well maybe once... I stomped all over my sons marines with my mighty green tide of orks........ I loved painting up the orks for him

But I never go in the Warhammer shops... well only to buy paint... they always ask what I am painting... then go "Ow that's.....interesting" and I leave.... fast....

I deny nothing....well most of the time :)

Yeah they are kinda addictive and they've come a long way in 20yrs or so, some of the large figs and kits cost over 1k.

Post your Chaos Marine up Seb, or is he still WIP as i can never tell with you sometimes m8 :)

All the Space Marines ive seen on these boards are beyond Perfection and these are up there with the best ;)

Do you have WIP on how the amour was sculpted and casted? Did you just sculpt over the figure and then mold it in place? Mind blowing work!

This is still one of my favorite projects from this board, I love all the work that has gone into this, straight from the ground up customs are really so challenging and I :bow down to the work on these Snow and CBobber.

You guys ever think about doing a Matrix Captain Mifune sort of desgin...

apu1.jpg

matrix-revolutions-24.jpg

or perhaps

the Avatar Marine fighter suits!!! :rock

Just brain storming on perhaps more projects and challenges that with your talents in suits could succeed at, the creativity of the designs are endless and that's what is more impressive about this type of work!!!!

the armour part I made were a mishmash! The Abs and buttocks where based on the clone armour. But the clone armour only fits the SS armoured bods and I wanted the armour to work on any body.

These are some of the WIP shots... The chest and abs I made as complete pieces and then I cut them in half when I had finished sanding them and stuff.

marine11.jpg

marine12.jpg

The Cbob used hasbro clone trooper as a base and built the whole thing up from sculpty and glue gun!! Amazing.

marine20.jpg

He made the foot from scratch and the chainsword from plasticard and sculpty

marine26.JPG

Hahah cheers Skiman.
That would be sooooo cool!!! I gotta sayI am really getting into other 1/6th stuff... I love Star Wars sooo much but I am lovin doing other things now.

I am a massive fan of group projects and I think they are great fun and really motivating... I have been so lucky

Re: 1/6 WarHammer 40K Space marines.....

I so love your Chaos Marine Seb... the weathering and detailing is soooooooo cool.

I have some poopy pics of different points of WIP.

I used alot of plasticard, milliputt, hot glue, general bits n bobs and the base Hasbro bits Dorgs supplied me. You could use plastic plumbing pipe or other materials to develop removable armour onto rather than sculpting permanently onto a figure. The original snub nose helmet i made from scratch and Dorgs resized the mold later on for the smaller helmets. The pointy nose 1 i used an old helmet as a base.

P10105681.jpg

P10105721.jpg

P10104871.jpg

P10104991.jpg

P10104821.jpg

P1010455.jpg

P1010452.jpg

P10105761.jpg

P10105041.jpg

P1020897.jpg

owww man that seems like a while ago eh!! Well as you can see the parts where stunning but we were not happy... no yet...

marine37.JPG

The parts were easy(ish) to cast except the chainsword... which is still giving me grief..

They got to a point where everything seemed to go together just fine..... but they still did not have the feel we wanted...

marine51.jpg

Then we just came to the decision that they where just not big and bulky enough... the heads looked to big and the body just too long :(
I was sad :(

marine48.jpg

Back