1/6 SooSooToys - SST032 - Watchmen - The Punchline (The Comedian) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know this is the Comedians's thread but thought this was relevant to the current conversation.
This was posted by the Admin in SooSoo Fans on Facebook yesterday:

1648708517205.png

So who’s next do we think, I reckon possibly Silk Spectre II? Then maybe Nite Owl and Dr Manhattan the finish it off - in order of popularity to keep the line going? Either way I am ecstatic that they are going down this line and producing some gorgeous figures. Rorschach is fantastic, good quality, and a solid release. I am eagerly awaiting The Comedians imminent release - it’s certainly a good time to be a Snyder Watchmen fan👌🏻

Mine just shipped from them too. They’re banging these right out while ignoring long overdue ones like Homelander. Just like HT, no ryhme or reason to their releases.

I ordered from kg so I’ll probably be the last to get it . Looking forward to seeing some in hand pics
You and me both- although KG seem to get third party and most other brand figures in around the same time as everyone else.
It’s only with Hot Toys that you end up waiting the extra months.
Moff Gideon and Boba Fett dlx are still nowhere to be seen.

You and me both- although KG seem to get third party and most other brand figures in around the same time as everyone else.
It’s only with Hot Toys that you end up waiting the extra months.
Moff Gideon and Boba Fett dlx are still nowhere to be seen.
You called it. I just got my invoice from KG

Was really hoping for the flamethrower and young sculpt as that’s a pretty memorable scene for Comedian butI imagine SooSoo had already taken a fair bit of PO money by the time those additions were requested.

It’d be fitting for SooSoo to include them with Dr Manhattan as he was also present in ‘nam and doesn’t age so is the perfect companion piece for young Comedian.

Just got back from vacation on Sunday and had a recovery day yesterday due to jet lag, but processed the invoice and it shipped today. Of course both this figure and Hot Toys ZSJL Bats/Supes two-pack were ready to ship while I was away.

But anyway, I’m content with how the figure looks in this video anyway. I think from the custom community (Jaxon, OSK, Unreal, etc.) we’ll get a custom younger pre-facial scar head sculpt from when Blake was in Viet Nam, with a flame thrower.

Again, I’m really pleased with the way this figure looks. I just hope the rubber and pleather hold up. I’m probably gonna leave him in a museum pose except to photograph.

No one else has theirs yet?
Surprised by the complete lack of coverage on this besides a couple of photos on Facebook and BigBreda's review.

Mine's still in transit but hopefully this week it'll arrive.

Mine came over the weekend. It's a cracking figure. The second sculpt isn't quite there, but the domino mask helps, and on the whole it's a really great looking piece.

I think it’s arriving today… if DHL from Asia sends it to USPS. Per AfterShip it arrived at US customs on the morning of the 19th. Then later that afternoon a package appears at a nearby USPS distribution center, which is arriving today.

Edit: Bah, the USPS package wasn’t it, it was just a coincidence. Oh well. At least it arrived at a local distribution center on Saturday.

Last edited:
Really happy with this figure. Going to do a minimum adjustments to him I think, superb straight out of the box even less work than Rorschach. Just watched Watchmen again tonight, genuinely reinforced how 'in' for this line I am. Must be the 6th or 7th viewing and still love every second of it.

P8210341.JPG

Back